PDA

View Full Version : Riverside mexican restaurant.

old pudd fisher
03-10-2014, 05:48 PM
43642The wife and I were in downtown Riverside this Sunday afternoon and seen this place, its called Tio's Tacos just down the street from the Mission Inn. What a trip that place is and you can eat inside or outside and the place is just full of crazy art work that has been made from all just junk, worth a visit if you are in the area.436394364043641

fisherman951
03-10-2014, 06:03 PM
crazy place and a bunch of crazy ppl all around their lol

Misfitdog
03-10-2014, 06:32 PM
thats pretty amazing , I am always down in that area . will check it out .. thanks for sharing

Which Way Out
03-10-2014, 06:36 PM
OP, I can't say I know that one. But do you remember the El Sarape? Oh man that was the best place. When it was my birthday I always said I wanted to go there for dinner.

WWO

old pudd fisher
03-10-2014, 07:46 PM
OP, I can't say I know that one. But do you remember the El Sarape? Oh man that was the best place. When it was my birthday I always said I wanted to go there for dinner.

WWO Ever eat at the little green onion in the Brockton Arcade WWO? Small little café but the food is so good.

fisherman951
03-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Ever eat at the little green onion in the Brockton Arcade WWO? Small little café but the food is so good.

man u guys are bringing up some very good places, lil green onion is definitely a good place to check out

troutmada
03-10-2014, 09:18 PM
43642The wife and I were in downtown Riverside this Sunday afternoon and seen this place, its called Tio's Tacos just down the street from the Mission Inn. What a trip that place is and you can eat inside or outside and the place is just full of crazy art work that has been made from all just junk, worth a visit if you are in the area.436394364043641 Yes both place are very good to eat,I live in Riverside.Also if you want great beer an huge portions of food go check out Heros Restaurant & Brewery off Mission In Ave..

fisherman951
03-10-2014, 09:33 PM
las campanas at the mission inn is another good 1

Which Way Out
03-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Ever eat at the little green onion in the Brockton Arcade WWO? Small little café but the food is so good.

You bet! My Dad was going there up until he died nearly 3 years ago. My Mom still goes. When we visit her that's the go to lunch place we take her to. She lives just a couple miles from it.

How about Delia's Grinders on University ? That BREAD is the BEST!!!!

WWO

Hoot951
03-11-2014, 07:29 PM
If you guys wanna try a hole in the wall place there is El Colima at the cross section of Van Buren Ave & Jurupa Rd behind the gas station. My favorite there is the colima burrito and pozole.

TUNAVIC
03-11-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm not really into Art Deco for my food choices,but still interesting,thanks for sharing,some of the best eateries I've ever visited never looked like that! It was never about decor,it was always about taste.jmo

Cya Tuna Vic

fisherman951
03-11-2014, 08:56 PM
If you guys wanna try a hole in the wall place there is El Colima at the cross section of Van Buren Ave & Jurupa Rd behind the gas station. My favorite there is the colima burrito and pozole.

i really have to disagree with u on this 1, from my mexican point of view this place sucks, last time i gave it a shot they gave us BURNT chips, we got up and left

fisherman951
03-11-2014, 08:57 PM
sorry to thread jack by the way

old pudd fisher
03-11-2014, 09:16 PM
You bet! My Dad was going there up until he died nearly 3 years ago. My Mom still goes. When we visit her that's the go to lunch place we take her to. She lives just a couple miles from it.

How about Delia's Grinders on University ? That BREAD is the BEST!!!!

WWO Your mom must live close to us WWO my wife and I go there a lot for lunch and who knows, might have sat in the booth next to you guys at one time. Never been to Delia's yet but on the list now.

Which Way Out
03-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Your mom must live close to us WWO my wife and I go there a lot for lunch and who knows, might have sat in the booth next to you guys at one time. Never been to Delia's yet but on the list now.

My Mom lives in the Villa Victoria tract off Arlington..

D'Elias Grinders on the corner of University and Kansas Streets. Just get the standard D'Elia's grinder and you will see what I mean. Not to sure how old the new building is but when we were kids it was a walk up to the window place. So great to see the Food hasn't changed at all after all these years.

WWO

riverbud55
03-13-2014, 05:03 PM
D'Elias Grinders best dang pastrami on the planet, their rolls are home made by themself every morning in own little bakery behind the tire shop(econo tire) on Arlington just west of van buran 25 years ago use to have another deli stand at the same location where the oil change place is now,,, for mex food sure do miss Gay and Larry's also great mex food joint is Papis on van buran been going there 30 year

old pudd fisher
03-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Thanks for your reply's guys.

bass413
03-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Pretty sure they're related....there's a second Tio's up in the Woodcrest area of Riverside on the corner of Van Buren and Wood. Has the same type of art inside your describing. I agree, it's very good. Especially love "Taco Tuesday," 2 for the price of 1.......who doesn't love tacos!!??

Have to mention Anchos down Hole Ave as well. Best fresh tortillas I've ever had and the Skirt Steak/Steak Tacos are INCREDIBLE!!

old pudd fisher
03-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Thanks my wife and I had a carpet store on hole near the mall for years but never ate there.4376743768

ato316
04-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Dona timo has authentic Mexican food and ddogs is a build your own burger place. Both are on university in downtown