PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 3/9

P.A.W.
03-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Level is still pretty darn low. Inlet is running too. I started at the inlet early and got smacked 3 times on a top water. Didn't land one cuz my instinct to set the hook was too quick. Need to let 'em take that Sammy. Then trolled around and did meter some fish laying on the bottom deep (like 60 feet). Decided to hit LMB and was rewarded with a 4 pounder right off by a rocky shore. By the time I hit a couple more small males the wind came up and I just went home to do some domestic stuff.

So, in conclusion water is nearing 60* and the fish are moving up and ready to carb load for the spawn.

Harley51
03-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Are they still lowering the level or are they done with the lowering. How much of the launch ramp is left.

P.A.W.
03-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Since I left early the In-the-know people weren't around when I checked out. Launching is no problem yet.

NFCD I
03-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the report Pat. I would think, only a guess, that if the inlet is running they are through with their project and the water level should be rising.

P.A.W.
03-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Yup, I got a PM from a forum member who called the front gate. They told him the water is on the rise :-)