PDA

View Full Version : Fatality @pudd boatrace weekend

BALLERONBUDGET
03-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Why hv races @ a small lake with only 3/4mile straightaway????? This is same lake that had 2011 boat vs pwc accident. All 3 family female riders killed on impact...I'm surprised no one posted this earlier today. Lake is not large enough to hold boat traffic even at 35mph without making wake which hits all shorelines. IMO. Seen many close incidents with fallen pwc guys and next boat/pwc gotta dodge them. Condolences to parties involved but I'm sure this will impact boating there in the near future.

Misfitdog
03-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Was Terrible news to hear , I saw it on the news This morning . I do not know if the lake size has a huge difference on these races , as these boats even in large bodied waters still have wreaks all the time .

Next lake Up for Races is Perris on the 21-22nd

Kingfish Addict
03-09-2014, 09:43 AM
My niece in law was involved in a fatal pwc wreck at Puddingstone about 10 years ago. Condolences to the family of the person who passed away yesterday. Boats or pwc, just please be careful people and BE AWARE of whats going on around you...

smokehound
03-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Why go to a tiny lake to play with your boat, when you've got an enormous ocean right freaking next to ya?

You can get your jetski and blast across the damn ocean as fast as you want without having to make circles, and you can hit waves and jump.

DarkShadow
03-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Why go to a tiny lake to play with your boat, when you've got an enormous ocean right freaking next to ya?

You can get your jetski and blast across the damn ocean as fast as you want without having to make circles, and you can hit waves and jump.

I heard a theory about this....

Someone once stated that the individuals who do this may be seeking attention, (probably didn't get hugged enough as kids), and thus must be near where people are at, and can see them.

If they go out into the ocean, nobody can see them and tell them how cool they are, thus it defeats the purpose.

I also have wondered the same thing myself. Why aren't you in the middle of the lake? Why must you blast past the shoreline, which puts you in more danger?

Hug your kids, moms and dads.