PDA

View Full Version : Learning How to Surf Fish in So. CA, Fred Hall Long Beach, March 5th thru March 9th.

James McNulty
03-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but in reviewing the Fred Hall Fishing Show schedule of seminars, I note that starting March 5, 2014, and through Sat. March 8, 2014 (show runs through Sunday March 9th but Mr. Varney Jr. is only available the first 4 days) that Bill Varney will be available in the upstairs seminar rooms starting at 2:15PM each of those days. Admission to the seminar is included in the entry price of the show (I think).
For those of you who may be new to surf fishing like myself, Bill Varney is the author of Surf Fishing, the Light Line Revolution (The Complete Guide to Surf Fishing the California Coast).
Light line surf fishing is unlike any other fishing I have ever done, and frankly I am a little lost. I did buy his book and it is filled with information but much of surf fishing information is learning how to "read" the ocean surf at different stages of the tide.
Anxious to get started, I am looking to this seminar to answer some questions I have so I can get to the surf and get started. Suggest if you are not an "old pro" like Bill Varney is, that you put this event on your "must go to" on you calendar. Unless you have a surf fishing buddy, and I don't, sounds like my next best step. If there is someone in the Corona area that is a light line surf fisherman, drop me a message.
Jim in Corona

DockRat
03-04-2014, 05:59 AM
In the past Bill has been more of a bait guy. Seen his seminars a few years ago. Not sure if he has turned into more of a hard bait guy.
DR