PDA

View Full Version : So what did you do all weekend while it Rained Cat's and Dogs?

Which Way Out
03-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Started my week off from work by relaxing and eating.... then the boss called and said to be in Oxnard Monday morning..:Angry: :Guns:Boss---> :Evil:
Sunday looked at some inter-web pic's this morning of all the damaged beaches in my area. Boats washed up on the sand, whats left of it. Piers damaged, Harbors full of sand.

http://santamariatimes.com/news/local/goleta-beach-evacuated-due-to-flooding-boat-slams-into-pier/article_0cf4ece8-a17a-11e3-b377-001a4bcf887a.html#.UxPWehDfms8.email

I predict many lost LC's in everyone's future with all the trash and exposed structure.:Sad:
WWO

troutdog
03-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Went fishing...only rained hard in Orange County for brief periods at a time. Sounds like the coast got hammered.

TD

HawgZWylde
03-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Pulled all my reels apart and cleaned and lubed them. Cleaned my rods. Changed line, built some more jigs, changed out skirts on blade baits that were chewed up. Cleaned my tackle box & bag. Reorganized baits in the boxes. And the most important, knocked out the indoor honey do's. Now it's time to fish. Sorry about the boss's call, bet you were ready to go stick em. Ah well, if you can bank the bucks, it's surely the best thing to do in these times of economic uncertainty. Lol, I know, ya right, right? I don't know where you are but it poured big time here in Murrieta. the wind was insane.

Is that a BPS extreme combo in your avatar pic?

Which Way Out
03-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Pulled all my reels apart and cleaned and lubed them. Cleaned my rods. Changed line, built some more jigs, changed out skirts on blade baits that were chewed up. Cleaned my tackle box & bag. Reorganized baits in the boxes. And the most important, knocked out the indoor honey do's. Now it's time to fish. Sorry about the boss's call, bet you were ready to go stick em. Ah well, if you can bank the bucks, it's surely the best thing to do in these times of economic uncertainty. Lol, I know, ya right, right? I don't know where you are but it poured big time here in Murrieta. the wind was insane.

Is that a BPS extreme combo in your avatar pic?

Santa Barbara Zone.

Rod and Reel,
Seeker, Pro React 8' a Curado 300e with a token LC
WWO

HawgZWylde
03-02-2014, 05:41 PM
You're a lucky man to live up there. I lived in SLO for about 13 years, I love the Central coast but work dried up up there in the early 90's so I came back down here. Nice rig...

Dci4me
03-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Put new line on reels. Owner split rings and hooks on some new swimbaits. And spent as much time with my daughter and my wife as i could as I will be in Nashville all this upcoming week for work.

old pudd fisher
03-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Had to fix a small roof leak around one of my sky lights, good old Henry's 208 saved the day.43587

PONTOON
03-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Bill, My afternoon Boss put her foot down this weekend and said that the bathroom remodel exceeded all of her expectations and she was very pleased with the outcome however the Computer/Fishing Room was falling way behind! I was told that the boat has sat in the driveway too long without being pulled out to DVL and I needed to get busy with the new sliding compound miter saw cutting some baseboard and moulding so the new reel and rod maintenance table could be set in place and put to good use. I should be back on the water with Trolly pretty soon......... :Cool:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/Computer%20Fishing%20Room/IMG_1705.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/Computer%20Fishing%20Room/IMG_1704.jpg

muskyman
03-02-2014, 07:32 PM
I went to the kankakee river today............. um ya, even ice fishing is out of the question

HawgZWylde
03-02-2014, 08:08 PM
I went to the kankakee river today............. um ya, even ice fishing is out of the question

Man you guys are getting hammered up there. I read today that there's a slight possibility of the Great Lakes having a 100% freeze over. That's insanely cold...

DEVOREFLYER
03-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Hey Pat ask any male that's been married a few years and they can tell you about that 100% freeze over. lol

muskyman
03-02-2014, 08:43 PM
cold is an understatement. Getting into the teens is nice now, means a total warm front. We have been below zero so much that I am literally " numb" to it. Ya lake michigan is toast right now. I don't do the ice fishing thing, too much in the means of fluctuations in the water out here. I probably wont be chasing big browns on lake michigan till may as the weather does not look like it's gonna warm up. Are the lake filling up from all the rain you guys got ? Any spillways flowing over ?

HawgZWylde
03-02-2014, 09:31 PM
cold is an understatement. Getting into the teens is nice now, means a total warm front. We have been below zero so much that I am literally " numb" to it. Ya lake michigan is toast right now. I don't do the ice fishing thing, too much in the means of fluctuations in the water out here. I probably wont be chasing big browns on lake michigan till may as the weather does not look like it's gonna warm up. Are the lake filling up from all the rain you guys got ? Any spillways flowing over ?

Mine and my wife's families live in Minnesota and they are miserable to say the least. I tried ice fishing a couple of times with my brother in laws and it just isn't my thing either. Can't wait to get back there this summer though, lol, if you all have one. I read Green Bay has had 49 straight subzero days, looks like the North Pole has moved down on you guys.

This last storm out here dumped a lot of water but we still have a long way to go to fill these reservoirs back up. But it's not just the drought that has reduced our water storage out here. As you know there is a lot of politics involved in our water situation and let's just say our reservoirs are a lot lower than they should be at this stage of drought because of environmental issues and power generation shortages that led to increased hydro-generation. We've had some minor flooding here and there but we escaped disaster this time. Let's just pray we get several more solid storms like we just had before summer arrives. Lol, I'll bet you all are wondering where all that global warming went eh?

HawgZWylde
03-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Hey Pat ask any male that's been married a few years and they can tell you about that 100% freeze over. lol

Oh yes indeed. Lol, I've got 16 years under my belt and there's been a few ice ages along the way...

troutdog
03-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Bill, My afternoon Boss put her foot down this weekend and said that the bathroom remodel exceeded all of her expectations and she was very pleased with the outcome however the Computer/Fishing Room was falling way behind! I was told that the boat has sat in the driveway too long without being pulled out to DVL and I needed to get busy with the new sliding compound miter saw cutting some baseboard and moulding so the new reel and rod maintenance table could be set in place and put to good use. I should be back on the water with Trolly pretty soon......... :Cool:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/Computer%20Fishing%20Room/IMG_1705.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/Computer%20Fishing%20Room/IMG_1704.jpg

Nicely done Terry....see you out there soon!

TD

ErikAllen17
03-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Too wet to fish, so we jumped on Craigslist and drove inland to buy some new toys. My wife has wanted skis all of her life... and ever since we had kids, we haven't had the "extra" money to buy them. Things have been good to us lately, so this was to be the year her childhood dream came true.

Can't wait to test them out at Pyramid this weekend! Now I need to convince the wife to let me add rod holders and a sounder to one of them!

http://www.allenpix.com/erik/boards/fishing/SeaDoos_02-02-2014_01.jpg

http://www.allenpix.com/erik/boards/fishing/SeaDoos_02-02-2014_02.jpg

Skyler
03-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Gay sex...All weekend long. Oh, and got new tires.

DarkShadow
03-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Gay sex...All weekend long. Oh, and got new tires.

Damn...I have to ask.

Where they BF Goodrich All Terrain KOs?

Skyler
03-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Damn...I have to ask.

Where they BF Goodrich All Terrain KOs?

Naw, all terrains are for queers. When you exude the amount of manliness I output, only aggressive mud terrains will do.

Seriously, they were Uniroyal tiger paws for my wife's volvo, lol.

Stormcrow
03-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Naw, all terrains are for queers. When you exude the amount of manliness I output, only aggressive mud terrains will do.

Seriously, they were Uniroyal tiger paws for my wife's volvo, lol.

Baaaahahahahahaaha that was hilarious!!!

TroutOnly
03-09-2014, 09:09 AM
nice work terry ,ive been helping my son Patrick doing similar stuff at his and his wifes house,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,,,

smokehound
03-10-2014, 11:12 AM
I actually went out in the rain to hunt for species that only emerge during rainfall. No luck, unfortunately..

However at least i got to see what's active in the scrub and chaparral during wet weather. should be tons of centipedes active now..