PDA

View Full Version : Rain coming

Gerbs06
02-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone. Fairly new to posting on FNN but have been reading a ton of your post. Very good stuff. Live in the Huntington Beach area. Been fishing dog beach, jettys, Newport harbor on the kayak, DP and LB.
So far having a blast. I have a personal goal of catching a butt this season and can't wait.
We have a "storm" that is supposed to be here this weekend and wondering if any of you have or recommend fishing the rainy days. Tides are supposed to be favorable but wanted to ask the pros their opinion. Thought of maybe checking out one of the inlet areas; river jettys or bolsa chica. Thoughts ?
Thanks for your guys' input.
Rookie.

Fishingdachronarch201E7
02-26-2014, 03:12 PM
Welcome....i asked the same question in another forum....peeps said they've had some of their best days in the rain....

im tubing Newport Habor Tonite...hope i dodge the rain and this dude :Skunk:

Tony G

Which Way Out
02-26-2014, 10:01 PM
First of all BE SAFE!

Storms not only bring bigger waves, but will also remove a lot of sand off what was at one time a sandy smooth place to wade. But if your not wadding then, no problem.

" Thought of maybe checking out one of the inlet areas; river jettys or bolsa chica. "

I would advise not getting near the rivers that are channeled to remove rain run off. Way to much risk, not so much because the water will be polluted, but one bad step and you could become crab bait.

For me I'll let the storm pass and fish when things calm down. But I must admit in my younger days I caught some good Large mouth bass in the rain. Freshwater of course.

Be careful

WWO

ogarcia7661
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm also interested in doing some fishing this weekend but I don't know where to go I'm fairly new to the fishing thing, so far I live it wish I had more time to get out. Any more tips on where to go this weekend? And is Bolsa Chuca shore fishing? Or is there some where specific to go to?

Marley
02-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Just saw on the news that they are expecting 14-plus foot waves at Seal Beach and on south. That's not fishing weather. Be safe.

benichi
02-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Just saw on the news that they are expecting 14-plus foot waves at Seal Beach and on south. That's not fishing weather. Be safe.

wow that will move some sand around!!!!

it is going to be all new fishing around the beaches now

TUNAVIC
02-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Welcome Gerbs06, as already mentioned,if your fishing S/W be careful,suppose to be some big waves coming our way,I'll be out there myself Sunday,to observe from a safe distance.

Cya Tuna Vic

Gerbs06
03-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Went out this morning and big waves is putting it lightly. Attempted Dog beach but not so much as a nibble. Went to Seal Beach to check the waves and yes, they were averaging at least 10'.
Finished off the morning by heading over to Newport harbor and found a great little gem of a spot. 1 Perch, 2 sand bass, 3 spotted bay and my brother-in-law got a short butt. Had a blast. Might have to go check it out and see what the bite is like at dusk.