PDA

View Full Version : 2-22-14

twin22s
02-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Got in some bass fishing Saturday morning before meeting the girl to go wine tasting. fished for striper early no takers on swimbaits or chovies. switched to LMB late morning through the afternoon, had to walk all the way to the end of the south shore to find any fish. got one bite from a male who was just starting to defend a bedding area. didn't see a bed but did see a 2-3 lb female just off the edge of where he was. line broke on the hook set, must have had a nick in the line from the rocks i had been fishing just before. totals, no fish in 5 hours. still a beautiful day for a hike around the lake and good to see the fish moving up. no so good to see a boat angler throw a 3-4 lb fat female in his ice chest. can't be upset with him but there should be a C&R only season in the spring to protect the spawn IMHO. I'll be heading back there in a month or so, this storm front i think will stall out the spawn. 2-3 weeks after should be epic.

P.A.W.
02-25-2014, 05:29 PM
Sounds like things are still the same..... including the LMB takers. Too bad we will never know how many LMB made it into that cooler. I bet it was more than the 2 allowed. It never ends for the fish-eating cultures. Just take, take, take, and worry about the results later. Too bad the DFG doesn't have a better presence there.

twin22s
02-27-2014, 11:19 AM
They didn't do anything illegal, there were 3 guys on the boat and I'm sure they didn't take home 2 a piece. Our complaining should not be directed toward the anglers keeping fish as long as they are within the laws, but rather with the DFG to change the laws. It will never be illegal to keep LMB, but maybe a slot limit, and seasonal C&R aren't out of the question.