PDA

View Full Version : Cherry 2/23/14 toobing

FKNChristopH
02-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Short report:
Conditions: Foggy, outgoing tide, Water clarity 8-10 feet
Wet: 0700
Dry: 1000
Method of Destruction: Performance Tackle wrapped Phenix UMBX-700ML paired with a Curado 200e7, Zoom fluke on a Owner Mosquito #1 hook.

Long report:
Caught the the majority of the outgoing tide from 0700-1000. Launched my Outcast Superfat Cat next to the mini break wall that points to Grissom Island. Worked the area for about an hour for 2 lizard fish. Moved in tighter to the beach, lost something bigger than the lizard fish since this took drag and came up as dead weight. Went ballistic after it realized it was hooked and it came undone. The lizard fish went full speed after that and then I called it a day. Water was pretty clean and clear. I didnt have my meter on me so I dont know the temperature or depths I was fishing.

Overall nice day once I got off the water. Weather cleared up and wind was minimal. Next time I suppose.. 3rd trip this year and still got the skunk. Any tips?

*shakka*

bassmeister
02-24-2014, 05:15 PM
I saw a few boats working the Cabrillo Beach area. They where pretty far off so I couldn't tell if they were catching anything. Let me know if you want to hook up, area looked like it would be fun to tube. Parking is right at where we can launch tubes with no problem. Parking is $1.00 an hour with 9 hours max total to pay so not more than $9.00 to park more than 9 hours. I managed one short Hali and one nice Sculpin and as well lost what felt like a legal Hali.

Ifishtoolittle
02-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the report. You rarely get these about guys tubing in around beaches. Sucks about losing that large fish. Do you ever get anything besides Halibut?

FKNChristopH
02-24-2014, 08:10 PM
All the lizard fish you wanted.

*shakka*

Ifishtoolittle
02-24-2014, 08:47 PM
All the lizard fish you wanted.

*shakka*

lol that's a given! So I take it that what you'll find are only surf species right?

bachiboy
02-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Not sure if you're set up on the tube to fish two rods but might want to drop one of those lizards down with a hook thru his nose and let him bounce around the bottom while you're kicking around throwing a lure on the other rod. Might come across a better target variety.:Wink:

Don

keepemlo
02-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Dude ive been trying to tube the ocean for so long ,I never thought about cherry,, nice