PDA

View Full Version : Clark Park Fishing Derby/Clinic 2/22/14

georatm2011
02-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Headed out to this event early morning, met up with a few peeps. My 2 1/2 year old caught his first trout real early, nice 1 pounder. Many of the kids were catching trout though it didn't seem that everyone was able to pull one in; the SMOKIN JiGZ crew did really well hooking them and letting the kids reel em in. After the derby there were tons if fishermen killing it out on the water, none of them pulled out the 4-7Lber fish that were caught earlier in the day though. Overall it was a really fun time out at the lake.

reelgurlzfish
02-23-2014, 09:21 PM
congrats to your boy!! i love to see the faces of kids bringing in fish.

i went today to Ralph and it was shoulder to shoulder. a bit too much for me so i stayed on the other side and caught nothing. heard some good cheers from the other anglers so they must have still been doing good :)

gokuguy
02-25-2014, 08:47 PM
congrats to your boy!! i love to see the faces of kids bringing in fish.

i went today to Ralph and it was shoulder to shoulder. a bit too much for me so i stayed on the other side and caught nothing. heard some good cheers from the other anglers so they must have still been doing good :)

Yeah, that side of the lake by the playground was way shoulder to shoulder. I went on Sunday afternoon too to throw out a few lines and study, didn't expect to see that many fisherman. I stayed on the opposite shore where it was going off...saw quite a few 2.5-5 pounders being caught. Looked like the fly fisherman were killing it. I heard drop shotting flies were working well too. I caught a few on mice tails and powerbait...but took some effort.

Right before I left I was able to hook up on one and let a kid reel it in that was fishing next to me who hadn't caught anything all day.

The fishing pressure and birds and bass I think have the trout terrified....