PDA

View Full Version : DVL 2/19/14 LMB Report

Stinkbait
02-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Water temp. 59.2-62
Wind out the W, W/SW and some N gusts
Fished 6:30 to 3

We had several fish today to 3 lbs + and hooked bigger. Pay attention out there! Some bigger females mixed in. Broke 3 off on 12 lb cxx fluoro clear. I think it was due to it being older and fluoro doesn't do well in rocks. Caught fish on the blade early, slow grind and killing it at likely ambush points. The rest of the fish came on a small dark curly tail worm with dark bullet weight to match. The only reason I mentioned the matching bullet was because it was out fishing my buddy with lead or polished tungsten. Don't know if it matters though. Buddy, mr. drop shoter, was not getting bit on the typical DVL colors. I think the darks silhouetted better. A few senko fish mixed in as well.

Most fish were taken 0-20 feet. Late afternoon, I saw enough fish to burn a blade over shallow rocky bedding areas if I was going tomorrow.

The fish are staging and some already bedding. The fish we caught were not on the banks with perpendicular wind. I was surprised too. The fish were replenishing themselves after giving an area a rest.

We "should" of had 25. Coulda woulda shoulda!

BassinPLS
02-20-2014, 07:32 AM
Stinkbait,

Nice report! Thanks for the information. I am glad to see DVL is finally coming alive!

HawgZWylde
02-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Hmm, I posted here last night and it's gone. Odd.

Nice job dude, I knew it was anytime before they would pop. The blade bite is my favorite, guess I better stock up on em because on a good day I'll blow through 3 or more of them. I never fish with unpainted weight, I'll use black, brown, or green depending on the color of bait I'm using, the silver is just too flashy for this clear lake. At least that's what works for me. What a difference a week can make, didn't see any beds and very few shallow fish last week. And the fish just weren't aggressive, you had to fish real slow.

Good news and good post, thanks man...

Big-Bob
02-20-2014, 03:54 PM
I was also out on the 19th. I fished half day and caught 6. All fish were over 2 pounds and one 5ish. The fish are definitely moving up and I saw many in one section of the lake working on beds. I am going out tomorrow in hopes of doing better.