PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for 1/2 or 3/4 moo-moo out of oxnard

getinmybelly
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey, i've only been out of long beach and marina del rey. i'm trying to get a friend into saltwater and he lives over in agoura hills area, so i'm thinking oxnard. anyways, anyone been out on the speed twin or gentleman from channel island sportfishing? is there any other oxnard/west valley/ventura moo-moo's that anyone recommends? thanks in advance for any suggestions.

brezm
09-27-2007, 11:04 AM
I take my kids out on the Speed Twin a couple of times a year. We haven't been lately though. But we have always had a good time and have always bought home fish. Usually rockfish. The captain is decent enough, and been very helpful when we brought a group of boy scouts. He let them climb into the wheelhouse and explained the equipment. Most of the deckhands are good, there's always a few exceptions. One in particlar, who has always been consistently helpful. I think his name is Ryan, he is real good with kids and newbees, helping them get and land fish. Hope this helps. The speed Twin is good for a 1/2 day.

valhalla_1_2000
09-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I've only been on overnight boats out of Channel Islands Sportfishing, usually the Seabiscuit. But I've heard good things about the Gentlemen. Also, you might want to look into Port Hueneme Sportfishing. I've never fished out of there, but I've heard only good things about that operation. I think the Erna B is the 3/4 day boat there, the rest are all overnight boats I believe.

ghetto dad
09-27-2007, 07:31 PM
I've only been on overnight boats out of Channel Islands Sportfishing, usually the Seabiscuit. But I've heard good things about the Gentlemen. Also, you might want to look into Port Hueneme Sportfishing. I've never fished out of there, but I've heard only good things about that operation. I think the Erna B is the 3/4 day boat there, the rest are all overnight boats I believe.

erna b kix ***....great crew, and EXCELLENT skills on the board, best ive seen as far as quality....

jplee3
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
[quote="valhalla_1_2000":ab9bf]I've only been on overnight boats out of Channel Islands Sportfishing, usually the Seabiscuit. But I've heard good things about the Gentlemen. Also, you might want to look into Port Hueneme Sportfishing. I've never fished out of there, but I've heard only good things about that operation. I think the Erna B is the 3/4 day boat there, the rest are all overnight boats I believe.

erna b kix ***....great crew, and EXCELLENT skills on the board, best ive seen as far as quality....[/quote:ab9bf]

I wholeheartedly concur, even though the Erna B is the only boat I've been on out of Oxnard/PH!!! But seriously, being on that boat once was enough to convince me that it's crew and the catches it brings back are top notch and one of the best in all of Southern Cal.
I've made reservations for the Gentleman this Saturday depending on if other plans to go out of SD don't work out. I've heard decent reports about the Gentleman, so I'm looking forward to it if we get to go.

ymin72
09-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Good luck this weekend guys where ever you decide to go out of.

ghetto dad
09-28-2007, 07:17 PM
i was thinking about capt hooks on sunday, but as a few of the guys know on here, stuff comes up and I cant 100% committ, or id throw it on the rendevous page....

Airborn805
09-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Captain hooks is your best bet. But some times all their boats are taken for private charters. If Captian hooks is booked shoot for Hueneme. And if that doesn't work there is always Channel Islands but I wouldn't recomend it.

Mike K.
10-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Coroloma out of Ventura.

There's no better crew or ship. Trust me, Channel islands is for the birds. Hueneme isn't bad, but the service on Coroloma is second to none.

Robert trout hunter
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Coroloma out of Ventura.

There's no better crew or ship. Trust me, Channel islands is for the birds. Hueneme isn't bad, but the service on Coroloma is second to none.
Really i was surf fishing near there and was lookin around and saw that boat and it looks like a great boat