PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Hotspots at the vine?

KidTrout
02-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Figured what the heck and I'm going to try the shore for the first time at the Vine after I haven't fudge this lake in a few years. What spots are producing best right now for the shore? Also what else is hitting. I don't use powerbait really unless that's the absolute only thing hitting. What cor jigs are they hitting best right now? Thanks.

luckyjr21
02-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Go to the west shore, try pink jigs or fire tiger , those always produce there.

KidTrout
02-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks that's where I figured the action was happening. I'll definitely try those colors out.

bassmeister
02-17-2014, 04:50 PM
As far as jigs I like smoke with sparkle, also white and yellow, chartreuse, pearl white. I will also put a power worm in various colors to ad contrast. 1/32 or 1/64 are good jig head sizes depending on your rod and reel and line size.

KidTrout
02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
As far as jigs I like smoke with sparkle, also white and yellow, chartreuse, pearl white. I will also put a power worm in various colors to ad contrast. 1/32 or 1/64 are good jig head sizes depending on your rod and reel and line size.

Thanks man. That sounds like the stuff I use. So bright colors like orange, chartreuse, and pink power worms have been working. Also I know earlier in the season the fish weren't a that far out. Do I have to throw out really far from shore like bobber distance or would I be able to catch them with just a ball head.

bassmeister
02-17-2014, 06:58 PM
I know they run the shore at times, just depends on the ledges. I haven't gotten out this year yet but I thought I was going to take the Guys from Chicago out there today or tomorrow since the bites been good. If you are using the long rod8-9 ft. Then you should be able to cast out far enough. I know some of the guys who pound them from shore. I'm either in my boat or tube. if you ever want to hook up on a weekday let me know. Also I use red and white with good results but I usually do a lot of drop shot for good results.

Indo-angler
02-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Figured what the heck and I'm going to try the shore for the first time at the Vine after I haven't fudge this lake in a few years. What spots are producing best right now for the shore? Also what else is hitting. I don't use powerbait really unless that's the absolute only thing hitting. What cor jigs are they hitting best right now? Thanks.

If the "hotspot" doesn't work out you may want to move and try another "hot spot"!

KidTrout
02-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Well I meant what spots are producing best. I know the west shore usually is good but I was wondering if there were any other good spots that were producing pretty well.

KidTrout
02-17-2014, 07:46 PM
I know they run the shore at times, just depends on the ledges. I haven't gotten out this year yet but I thought I was going to take the Guys from Chicago out there today or tomorrow since the bites been good. If you are using the long rod8-9 ft. Then you should be able to cast out far enough. I know some of the guys who pound them from shore. I'm either in my boat or tube. if you ever want to hook up on a weekday let me know. Also I use red and white with good results but I usually do a lot of drop shot for good results.

Thanks for the help bassmeister. I'll for sure have a drop shot rig on. Unfortunately I rarely fish the weekdays but if I'm ever down there I will definitely hit you up. Hopefully I catch some this weekend.

bassmeister
02-17-2014, 08:02 PM
No problem don't mind helping.

Thanks for the help bassmeister. I'll for sure have a drop shot rig on. Unfortunately I rarely fish the weekdays but if I'm ever down there I will definitely hit you up. Hopefully I catch some this weekend.

KidTrout
02-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Lol sorry I should edit that. I hate auto correct man.

bassmeister
02-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Cool thanks man, I have the same problem with my cell phone. Good luck out there you should be able to get something.

bassmeister
02-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Also forgot, when you DS try the power worm wacky rigged. I've done pretty good with that technique.

vdubfiend
02-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Saturday everything I got was near west shore or mid lake/towards dam

All on pink/yellow/orange sierra slammer jig/swim baits

It was warm and sunny...water was 59 around 10am

No bites on the crawler all day.

3 of the fish I cleaned were full of yellow/orange/bubblegum pink power

West shore seemed to be doing well at the point right before the first boat launch