PDA

View Full Version : 2-16-14

wildlife
02-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Hit the beach before high tide , 3' surf with a crazy riptide . Threw rip baits , spoons and crack for not a bump . Seen a few other anglers on both sides of us not catching anything either . After an hour or so it was time to find some flatter water so we headed north . Arrived at our next spot and started throwing the rip bait , then my buddy catches a 12" halibut . He said it bit down on his sandworm but was never hooked , it just clamped down on the hook and wouldn't let go . So after awhile with no bites for me I had to go to the crack, first cast I landed a 12" bean that was pretty skinny . So at least the skunk was gone , The water was clear and nice but no other takers so we moved on . The last spot was flat and the water clear , but you could see dead sand crabs rolling in the surf . We didn't have much hope for this spot but fished up and down beach for awhile then called it a day . At least we got out wet a line and didn't get skunked . Got a business card from a guy with a mobile tackle truck , we talked for a little while about spots and he said it slow fishing for him as well . So all in all it was an interesting day on the beach .

bachiboy
02-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Nice job beating the stripe! Nothing wrong with a pancake and bean for breakfast.:Wink:

Don

Wingnut
02-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Not too bad, no Skunk for you. :Big Grin: