PDA

View Full Version : Buddies who back out at last minute

Raimond42
02-15-2014, 08:51 PM
I have several of these, no more needed. I need a buddy or two that will follow through with the plan.
I have a 20' SeaRay I/O that is stripped for fishing. Nothing fancy but it is set to fish fresh or salt water for 3 people. I am installing a bait tank this week for live bait from the barges.
Looking to fish local until the island becomes a hot spot.
I am retired so fishing during the week is as good as the W/E...

bassmeister
02-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Yeah I know about those BUDDIES!!!!! I just recently had one that after getting boat and all the gear together ( took me 3-4 days to re-establish boat for saltwater since its usually fresh water ready) and buying license. Well at the last minute like 2 hours before getting to launch I get a call from individual and trip gets cancelled. I'm like a kid before Christmas the night of the trip so what a let down that was. I would love to hook up but in a real cash crunch situation since work is slow so I can't commit to anything costly till monies get better. What area do you live in? I'm in Torrance South bay.

Scott

Raimond42
02-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Hey Scott
I am out near Palm Springs so will be coming from the east on I-10.
By neighbor has been helping me with some work around the house, so I was picking up all the costs as a thank you... Can anyone beat that? He backed out of a free fishing day and left me hanging.

georatm2011
02-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Hey Scott
I am out near Palm Springs so will be coming from the east on I-10.
By neighbor has been helping me with some work around the house, so I was picking up all the costs as a thank you... Can anyone beat that? He backed out of a free fishing day and left me hanging.

Sorry about your buddies, if I had a friend offering a fishing boat trip during the week I would certainly take the offer up. Anyways good luck finding some mates.

Raimond42
02-17-2014, 06:23 PM
Headed out tomorrow(Tuesday) with a different neighbor and benichi for some ocean action off Newport...

luckyjr21
02-17-2014, 06:44 PM
You ever have an empty seat on the weekend hit me up , I go out every weekend
Usually alone , no flakers here,

bassmeister
02-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Cool have a nice and safe trip guys. I'll defiantly want to hook sometime. I still need to get my first White Seabass. Just missed that epic toad bite last year.

Headed out tomorrow(Tuesday) with a different neighbor and benichi for some ocean action off Newport...

murrieta angler
02-19-2014, 09:05 PM
How you doing Raymond.
First off, welcome to the site..:Big Grin:
Sorry to hear about the "Buddies". :Rolls Eyes:
It's funny, before I had my boat, which I no longer have, my "Budddies" would say, "I wish we had a boat to go out on". :Smile:
Well you guessed it, I bought the boat and only one person who would go out with me, maybe every other month. :Angry:
So, I would go out a lot of times by myself...:Sad:
I now have a friend, here from the site and he calls me every once in a while.
I also Boat Ho on Bloody Decks. You meet some nice guys, but I have also heard a couple of horror stories....:Surprised:
If you would like to get out during the week (Less Boaters :Wink: ) Shoot me a PM, a few days in advance, I have my own business and can switch things up, when not too swamped.
There are people from the site that can vouch for me...:Cool:
Have a good one,
Robert
<><

Raimond42
02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Thanks everyone.
I am planning Friday out of the Long Beach area. I have one seat open right now, benichi has the first seat.
Contact me if interested in joining in. I tend to plan for the entire day as the drive from Palm Springs is not short...

Update on Thursday AM. Thinking of hitting SD Shelter Island area instead of LB on Friday for some flatties. Anyone want to take the third seat?

sidified
02-21-2014, 12:38 AM
Hi Raimond,
I, as one of a limitless number of FNNrs, will vouch for Robert. Just don't tell him I said so… ha
And at the same time, you can give me a shout if Murietta can't make it.. but especially if he can!
I have only free time to switch up.. HA.. Also, Raimond, don't expect anyone to vouch for me as they are so jealous of my fishing prowess.. biggest HA yet..
Cheers,
Sid

Which Way Out
02-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Hi Raimond,
I, as one of a limitless number of FNNrs, will vouch for Robert. Just don't tell him I said so… ha
And at the same time, you can give me a shout if Murietta can't make it.. but especially if he can!
I have only free time to switch up.. HA.. Also, Raimond, don't expect anyone to vouch for me as they are so jealous of my fishing prowess.. biggest HA yet..
Cheers,
Sid

Raimond, I will vouch for Robert and Sid all day long. Even if no one were to catch a fish all day, the time on the water would be fantastic. 1st class guys all the way.

WWO

I would throw my own hat in the mix to go, but I live farther away from where you fish than you do. And I am only a short 5 minute drive away from the beach. Just north of Santa Barbara.

Raimond42
02-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Not much action on Friday but we did land a couple of keepers.

For your entertainment.
Your drag is not set right, let me adjust it for you...

Get the net, I got one in sight...

benichi
02-22-2014, 06:08 PM

here you go a little barracuda

murrieta angler
02-28-2014, 10:24 AM
Hey Raymond,
What's your pooches name?
Robert
<><

benichi
02-28-2014, 01:15 PM