PDA

View Full Version : Yorkshire lass in the Sierras!

Sue
09-27-2007, 12:37 AM
Wow!
It was a weird trip to Bishop this tme. Last time was a week after my friends funeral, this time it was my friends husband, me and another friend. (BTW, there is nothing going on between us - I just rent a room from him!)
It took me 6 1/2 hours to get there, which sucked bum!

Finally got there Friday evening at 7.30, immediately hit The Lodge where my friends were waiting including Sierra Smity :)
My girlfriend was wasted by this point, and we still had to eat dinner! Overall, it was a fun night and Derek's fried chicken was awesome!
Spoke to the husband type person on the way up, he told me he loved me and would miss me.

Saturday, I hit up the hole after taking the dog for a walk (they got her just before my friend passed) and she's not yet 2, so still a puppy. The neighbors loved seeing my in my PJ's walking her!

Fished a bit, caught nothing. We went up to North Lake and other than the dog almost being eaten by 2 doberman dogs there was not a lot of action that day.
Or the next, when we froze our butts off on South Lake. My buddy caught a fishy. Woo.
Monday was a hard day for me, I'd stopped eating by this point due to stress nausea, so we went horseback riding.
I'm sorry, but I'm a city slicker and have been on a horse once before in my life. The nice people at Rainbow gave me a mule to ride!!!! It was cool, but I did have some girly screamy moments coming downhill.

Saw SierraSmitty most nights at the Lodge, and also met Oban briefly. Nice guy, but he barely said Hi to me. Waddup with that, Oban???

On Monday night, I caugth a fish. Yay! First one this trip. Tuesday morning I went back to the same spot - farmed a couple and caught 2. Went back an hour later while the others were cooking breakfast (bleurhg) and caught another 2. Yay. Happy happy goodness.

My girlfriend and I finally left around 4.45pm Tuesday. She was wasted drunk and tried to hook me and Smitty up - it was rather funny.

We took the 395 back at 95mph most of the way. Slowed down to 80 around Palmdale, and got pulled over by CHP just before Old Road on the 14 for speeding (fair enough). I was doing 80 by then. The nice officer only gave me a warning ( he was laughing at me for admitting my speed) so we got home withing 4 1/2 hours (including a food stop and a gas stop and spending 20 minutes trying to find the freeway after the CHP stop).
Smitty - thanks again for South Lake and sorry about my friend.
Oban - dude! I told Smitty to bring you drinking with us. Where were you???

one_leg
09-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Ha Ha Ha, I'm glad your back, Sue. Wanna go back up there tomorrow?

Thanks for the report, now where's the evidence? aka PICS....lol

Oban was probably just awed into silence by your presence. He's a great guy.

One_Leg

Sue
09-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Ha Ha Ha, I'm glad your back, Sue. Wanna go back up there tomorrow?

Thanks for the report, now where's the evidence? aka PICS....lol

Oban was probably just awed into silence by your presence. He's a great guy.

One_Leg

Pics to be uploaded when I know hubbytypeextypeperson won't be at "home". I have visitation with the cats tomorrow, so maybe then :cry:
Shame I never took a picture of my finger being crushed between the boat dock and the boat.
That hurt.

Sierra_Smitty
09-27-2007, 08:53 AM
It was great seeing you again Sue...wish the fishin was a little better for ya. Your friend is hilarious...homegirl can drink that wine can't she! haha!!!!

Hopefully we'll catch up sometime this winter at an FNN event.

Peace,
Smitty

Troutman65
09-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Sue, Glad your back also !! Nice report. From the sound of it you all had fun. Can't wait to see the pics.

I would of paid alot of $$ to see you on that Mule :lol:

Take care.

Troutman65

xtranzman
09-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Nice job Sue, I'm pretty jealous that you have been up there more than I have this year, but at least someone is getting out...LOL..

Hope to see ya at Irvine in a few weeks.

Take care,

X

Wingnut
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Nice trip Sue, glad to see that you're out & about. :wink:

Oban is kinda shy, I met him at the Legends event. He was telling that he was trying to get a job up there at Smitty's. I guess he DID get hired, congrats Oban!

Oban
09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Saw SierraSmitty most nights at the Lodge, and also met Oban briefly. Nice guy, but he barely said Hi to me. Waddup with that, Oban???

Oban - dude! I told Smitty to bring you drinking with us. Where were you???
Sorry about that Sue. My family was also up here this weekend. I was all over seeing scenery with them and rarely at Parcher's. Smitty gave me the weekend off to spend some time with them. I'm not a drinker, but I would have loved to sit down and talk with you guys.
When we met on the boat ramp, I was out of breath and had been feeling sick. My father sent me to go buy some bait, 4th trip up that boat ramp in like 30 minutes for various reasons, so I was barely able to muster out a "hello".

Wingnut is correct as well. I am kind of a shy, non talkative guy, but I would have talked to you a bit more if I wasn't so out of breath right then. Thanks for the congrats Wingnut.

Glad you at least caught something and had some fun up here. Fishing was pretty bad for my family that weekend too. I was trying to put them on the fish on the creek while I targeted tiny Brookies, but I kept ended up hooking into browns and rainbows that I wanted them to get.

Beancounter
09-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the Thursday afternoon entertainment Sue :lol:
Glad to see you had a nice time and caught some fishies.
8)

sansou
09-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Funny report Sue!

See you around,

Sansou

(I met that Oban character at Legends. He is a real quiet guy....it's the quiet ones you got to worry about. ha ha!!)

Fisherman57
09-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Sounds like a very interesting road trip Sue!
Thanks for the invite! LOL! :lol: :evil:

Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Irvine event on the 6th.............
and Smitty is correct........ there may be a FNN / TEAM 57 event in the works for next year up there! :wink:

Dana
FISHERMAN 57

retired96
09-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I hope your not serious about driving 95mph on 395. Excessive speed is one of the reasons 395 is one of the most deadly highways in the country..

greeper
09-29-2007, 12:35 AM
I hope your not serious about driving 95mph on 395. Excessive speed is one of the reasons 395 is one of the most deadly highways in the country..

I'll bring the popcorn for this one..

one_leg
09-29-2007, 12:42 AM

I'll bring the popcorn for this one..

The faster you go on 395 the less time you have to spend on it!!!!!!!!

You also get to the gas station earlier so you won't run out if you are low on gas.

But seriously, excessive speed, and insufficient rest before driving over 300 miles does cause a large number of accidents.

And Dana, if you need me for pre-event scouting missions to the Sierras, I'm available.

One_Leg

Troutman65
09-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Hopefully you can find some time to post the pics. Sue :D

TM65

troutdog
09-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Sounds like you made the best of it while not feeling well Sue, glad to hear you got some bendo action! Hope to see ya soon.

TD

Fisher-of-Men
09-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Sounds like you made the best of it while not feeling well Sue, glad to hear you got some bendo action! Hope to see ya soon.

TD

Trout Dog, is that really you?????
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/6460345046f44da56e0e6.jpg

Barbie is a lucky gal! :wink:
J/K

Fisher-of-Men

olfishergal
09-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Welcome back Sue, looks like you had a good time despite not catching too many fish. Look forward to seeing you next weekend at the Vine.

Fisher-of-Men
09-30-2007, 11:29 AM
You're lucky that you didn't get nailed for speeding! That highway is highly patrolled by aircraft and squad cars. The Black & Whites have radar mounted in the front of the cars and also in the back. These units are able to pick a car out of the pack no problem.

I wouldn't gamble like this on your next venture out there. You may wind up bringing back a nice fat ticket and having your car impounded. God forbid you would have a tire blow out at those speeds. :(

Fisher-of-Men