PDA

View Full Version : 2nd verse not the same as the 1st. 2/9 report

tomar19
02-10-2014, 11:05 PM
I lasted 3 weeks since my first outing on the sand and I just couldn't take it anymore. I had a three day weekend and had to get back to the beach. This time I wanted to check out a low tide, to practice recon on a new beach and returning to landmarks later in the day. It was pretty cool wadding out at low tide and seeing the trenches and holes first hand. Unfortunately high tide was not rolling in until after 7:30 and I'd have to settle for returning and fishing the last 2 hours of light on the incoming tide. I started off throwing hard baits for nothing but salad. Switched to crack, casting 45* from the shore dragging it through the trenches, and the hits started coming. After a few misses, I landed a small BSP followed shortly by a second both, about 6-8". I switched to a BH on a leadhead looking for some larger models, but nothing. Still, I got some recon experience, dodged the skunk, and had a great day at the beach with my wife, not bad at all.

Hopefully I'll get another crack at it next weekend for an overnighter.

Until next time,

Tony

skunked4life
02-11-2014, 06:28 AM
Tony,

Usually no one really remembers all of the lyrics to the second verse of any song. You set out to do recon and you accomplished your mission! You are one step wiser than you were before and that is worth alot. When I first started, I just went out trying to get bit anywhere, anytime. Then I started really listening to the advice of the folks here on FNN and I have to say, it works! Keep at it and I know it sucks living so far away from the surf but you are doing a stellar job making the most of each trip.

Skunked4life