PDA

View Full Version : 2/8/14 LB Breakwall - Windy conditions like a mofo

troutsniffer
02-10-2014, 02:20 PM
A bit late on this report so bare w me.

We arrived at 3:30. As soon as we got to the mouth of the harbor the conditions were nuts, 10-15mph winds with nasty choppy water, nasty waves, just awful. It was
tough just getting to the break wall. We drove to the first island to the Right to fish behind it for a while till the wind died out a bit but that really never happened.
Two hrs later we were finally able to head to the wall and fished the inside. Windy conditions still happening but at least we were behind the wall at this point.
The bite was on but all in the 8"-16" range, dink fest. The wind and bad conditions never stopped So we weren't able to fish the outside of the wall were the bigger
fish live (never even made a pass at my spots). Bad conditions got the best of us this night but I guess that's fishing. My kid maybe fished an hr the entire time which
is no fun. We went home soaked & called it the night very early with 33 Calicos & 8 Junk fish.

bassmeister
02-10-2014, 02:39 PM
At least you got out and got something. I want to take my boat out there one night when conditions are right. If you ever want to hook up and don't want to drag your boat out send me a PM.

skunked4life
02-11-2014, 06:38 AM
33 calicos? 8 junk fish? Man, even junk fish is impressive in windy conditions! Great report!

Skunked4life