PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 2/8/2014

lobinero
02-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Not caring much about politics, and not having posted in a long time, here it is. My buddy Ralph and I have been fishing DVL for MB almost every weekend since late December. The bite has been somehow slow or normal (if you call it)for winter fishing. DS, C rig in 40-30 feet with the usual colors. Green pumpk, Morning D and even Salt river craw. The last 2 weeks of Jan., fish started to move up and several were caught very shallow. I believe they sensed a warming trend toward pre spawning. With last week's cooling temps and sprinkles, fish have stalled and went back deep. Also not helping is that we had many weekends of calm flat clear water and those fish want to stay next to cover.

DVL will get better as spring progresses. Fish are healthy with eggs developing. I can't say when it will explode, but it is not wide open yet. bites are far in between but you may get a few and if lucky, a limit.

Its a great opportunity to learn the lake and seasonal patterns. As always, Matt at Last Chance, is more than willing to share with you all. Good luck

eah
02-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Very informative report. Thanks.

HuskerRod
02-11-2014, 12:04 PM
I hardly know what to say. An actual DVL report. "ThANKS"...........for starters I guess.

seal
02-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Not caring much about politics, and not having posted in a long time, here it is. My buddy Ralph and I have been fishing DVL for MB almost every weekend since late December.

I just want to know what the heck an "MB" is? I know what my first thoughts were but not sure why you would want to catch one. I would think an "MB" would be spawning any time they feel like it but normally one does not produce offspring.

Yes spring good winter not so good.

lobinero
02-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Meant LMB= large mouth bass

karalm
02-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Good job Roberto in getting those LMB's!!