PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 2/8 changing of seasons

P.A.W.
02-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Well, we knew it would come. The shad lasted in the east end longer than most years, but they have moved on. A few schoolies were caught early then the place shut down. I spent some time motoring around metering the usual areas. There were some isolated pods kinda deep and well separated. Time to separate the men from the boys. Break out all your favorite weapons! Water temp is up to 55 and level is up maybe 6 feet. These may have triggered the mass exodus.?

TroutOnly
02-08-2014, 02:55 PM
of coarse pat ,the conditions get tuff and they head for the easy fishin,,,,,lol,,,,,,,dr time ................T/O...........

P.A.W.
02-08-2014, 03:33 PM
I'll be there with dual downrigs and a selection of colors tomorrow! Time to grind....

TroutOnly
02-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Roll till you find them shad balls,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

P.A.W.
02-09-2014, 04:43 PM
At it again today with 2 downrigs going. Nada. The place is a striper ghost town.

NFCD I
02-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the information Pat. I'm going to try to make it out on Thursday. If I can find the shad balls in deep water, I'm going to give dead sticking a shot.

Askwhy
02-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the information Pat. I'm going to try to make it out on Thursday. If I can find the shad balls in deep water, I'm going to give dead sticking a shot.

Went out on Monday with a few regulars the good news is only 6 boats on the whole lake including 2 rentals so you can have the whole lake to yourself , bad news is you better have lots of skunk remover at home because your going to need it lol.

TroutOnly
02-10-2014, 10:58 AM
look on the ledges the shad love to sit on the side of a slope blocking them from the current and direct sight of the striper schools prowling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

P.A.W.
02-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Funny! I was just reading the fish report in the Press Enterprise and it says the striper fishing is still pretty good at Skinner for those dipping for shad..... LOLOLOL!

HawgZWylde
02-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Funny! I was just reading the fish report in the Press Enterprise and it says the striper fishing is still pretty good at Skinner for those dipping for shad..... LOLOLOL!

Lol, that's funny Pat. Isn't Shannon doing the P.E. fish reports? Do you know what the current water surface temps are with this warm weather happening the last couple of days?

P.A.W.
02-13-2014, 07:47 PM
I don't know the answer to either, but I will probably be there Friday and I'll let you know.

HawgZWylde
02-13-2014, 08:21 PM
I don't know the answer to either, but I will probably be there Friday and I'll let you know.

We are going out tomorrow and wanted to go to Perris but there's an ABA tourney there this weekend and there will probably be a bunch of guys out pre-fishing it. One of my favorite reaction bites goes off at Skinner when the water temps go up at this time of year so I was thinking of suggesting Skinner to my buddy. We're going to hit DVL but I'll be going out next Tuesday so that would be great if you could post the water temps. Thanks...

P.A.W.
02-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Hawgz, the water is 56 all over. Real clear in many places. I am starting to see some LMB moving into shallower water too. Very skittish though. Still no sign of Mr. stripey.

HawgZWylde
02-15-2014, 08:05 AM
Hawgz, the water is 56 all over. Real clear in many places. I am starting to see some LMB moving into shallower water too. Very skittish though. Still no sign of Mr. stripey.

Thanks Pat. I thought all this warm weather we are having would have brought the water temps up a bit more. It's still not quite there yet that will trigger a more aggressive LMB behavior. I guess the weather is supposed to get cold again next week and we could actually see some rain, which is a good thing. Funny, we found some areas at DVL yesterday that reached 64 degrees and that lake is so much bigger and deeper you'd think that the water temps would be cooler. Ah well, guess I gotta be patient. Thanks again Pat...