PDA

View Full Version : Bolsa Chica Bonfire ....

IslandBoi
04-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Fam bam wanted to have a bonfire, so I was like YES!!!!! finally I get to get my line wet ....

Got there about 3:00 p.m and the tide was just coming in, I was like perfect timing, but then Mr. Wind came and spoiled it .... It got super windy and there must of been a wicked undercurrent because everytime I threw out, my line jumped to the right by like 5-6 feet. Water was really choppy, waves were blown out, white tops all over .... and the damn sand was killing my feet, damn pebbles ....

Usual setup, 10# p-line flouro,1 oz egg, florescent bead,2' 8# vanish leader, 4 mosquito hook.

Plastics used: Berkley gulp camo sandworm, gulp lug worm (red, Katins green/white grub, not even a bite

So it was great getting the line wet, it's been almost 3 weeks .... but I got the big fat :skunk: oh well ..... till next time

xtranzman
04-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Sorry to hear about the stripe but at least you got to get your line wet again.

Been two weeks for me also. Gonna have to go somewhere this weekend.

X

Granny Fish
04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
:lol: You didn't get enough at the Rumble, eh? Sorry you got the skunk. You should have tried the jetty there. Hope you at least had a nice fire. Better luck next time.

IslandBoi
04-27-2007, 10:09 AM
I wanted to go by the jetty but the fam bam didn't, we were right by the shack, it got pretty windy down there so we left in a hurry.

This weekend looks pretty good, I'm going to try Cherry Beach out, maybe go for some butts.