PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone fished skinner reservoir lately ?

Stalker Of Fish
02-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Hello, I have not read any reports from the Skinner locals or anyone else actually. I wondering about the water level and if Trout plants have provoked
any reaction from the 10 pound plus Striper . Has anyone heard tell of some
boils etc.

thanks

dbfishing
02-03-2014, 06:40 PM
skinner isnt getting any trout plants

Kingfish Addict
02-03-2014, 06:57 PM
There's a thread dedicated to Skinner. Check there?

HawgZWylde
02-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Stalker they stopped planting bows because the eco's were worried they might spill over into the Santa Margarita river during a 200 year flood and hurt the Steelheads...

DEVOREFLYER
02-03-2014, 07:57 PM
200 year old flood is what we should be praying for with this drought eh!! Dumb a-s-s-es should be planting triploid's Dumb a-s-s-es!!!!!!!

etucker1959
02-03-2014, 08:20 PM
200 year old flood is what we should be praying for with this drought eh!! Dumb a-s-s-es should be planting triploid's Dumb a-s-s-es!!!!!!!

I agree with you about the triploids, but I think the problem is money!!!!!! Governor Moonbeam is very cautious in general about spending money. I didn't get my catfish last year, so I think the DFW is in a austere spending mode.

DEVOREFLYER
02-03-2014, 08:54 PM
I recall you tellin' everyone that we had a SURPLUS and the State was rollin' in money. Well they got no problem collecting the Fishing license and Quagga fees do they.

etucker1959
02-04-2014, 09:45 AM
I recall you tellin' everyone that we had a SURPLUS and the State was rollin' in money. Well they got no problem collecting the Fishing license and Quagga fees do they.

They do have a surplus, they just don't want to spend it!!!!!!! However, Gov Moonbeam isn't doing something that so many STUPID Governor's did before him. When a Governor in the past had extra money, instead of banking it for a rainy day. They said, "this is a GOOD TIME FOR A TAX CUT!!!!!!!!" We all know how that "WORKED OUT DON'T WE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

seal
02-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Plants are being cut everywhere and the Feds. are looking to cut their programs also, that's the reason Willow was shut down after equipment issues. Although those sucker fish are being planted again, I know the cormorants like them, saw them chowing down on those mud sucking uglyass fish this weekend there. Stripers, not so sure they like them cause we sure as hell couldn't find um!

Planting fish for us to catch, or as striper feed is immoral to them, we are screwed.....

P.A.W.
02-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Hello, I have not read any reports from the Skinner locals or anyone else actually. I wondering about the water level and if Trout plants have provoked
any reaction from the 10 pound plus Striper . Has anyone heard tell of some
boils etc.

thanks lookie here http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/forumdisplay.php?92-Skinner-Lake-Reports

Stalker Of Fish
02-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Stalker they stopped planting bows because the eco's were worried they might spill over into the Santa Margarita river during a 200 year flood and hurt the Steelheads...
That's a joke right? Even if there was a supposed "200 year flood" there is no way trout from Skinner are going to get into that drainage . If that is truly the reason, then Diamond Valley poses the same threat .
Lake Elsinore is the only fishery which could realistically introduce trout into the Santa Margarita and that's pretty unlikely .

Also why would this all of a sudden become a concern during the driest freaken year in California's recorded history ?

HawgZWylde
02-05-2014, 04:43 PM
That's a joke right? Even if there was a supposed "200 year flood" there is no way trout from Skinner are going to get into that drainage . If that is truly the reason, then Diamond Valley poses the same threat .
Lake Elsinore is the only fishery which could realistically introduce trout into the Santa Margarita and that's pretty unlikely .

Also why would this all of a sudden become a concern during the driest freaken year in California's recorded history ?

I wish it was bro, but sadly sanity has left this state. Here's a P.E. article with all the info;

http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/temecula/temecula-headlines-index/20131025-lake-skinner-trout-stocking-program-spiked-by-state.ece

Stalker Of Fish
02-05-2014, 05:51 PM
HawgZWylde, thanks for the info and the link . I sure would like to find out who the jack-asses
are who came up with this recommendation . I want to personally invite them to go fornicate a
flaming porcupine spun in a hammer drill !!!

I hope we do get the fabled flood and a few hundred Stripers make their way down the Santa Margarita eating every Steelhead in the river . !
That would teach the retards who would do this during a drought year.
I would understand if it was an El NINO weather pattern or if the Reservoirs were full.

I think it was pretty short sighted to not even consider what Mr. Stripey will do to their Steelhead and I do mean their Steelhead because we will NEVER get to fish for them. Most of the river is on Camp Pendelton or on Indian land . The fish are protected . I sometimes fish for Bass at the headwaters and have never seen a Steelhead here in Temecula. I guess the Bass eat them.

By the way thanks to the powers that be for giving Skinner Reservoir it's own thread !!!!