PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Lake

DangerFishin
02-03-2014, 05:17 PM
anyone been up to Jackson lake in wrightwood recently?? Is it froze over? closed? or open???

alexgee926
02-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Heard the water is very low and they stopped stocking

teejay
02-04-2014, 09:56 PM
I believe that the forest service is closing the lake during the winter months because of incidents envolving people venturing out on the thin ice.

Viejo
02-05-2014, 10:55 AM
I believe that the forest service is closing the lake during the winter months because of incidents envolving people venturing out on the thin ice.

Jackson lake if closed for the winter. With a Forest Closure, the fines are hefty. The lake is as low as anyone can remember it it and unless we get substantial snow and rain in our mountains, will be pretty unfishable in spring and summer. Could dry up completely this year.

DangerFishin
02-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Jackson lake if closed for the winter. With a Forest Closure, the fines are hefty. The lake is as low as anyone can remember it it and unless we get substantial snow and rain in our mountains, will be pretty unfishable in spring and summer. Could dry up completely this year.

that's too bad... Jackson is a fun lil pond

Viejo
02-08-2014, 08:12 AM
that's too bad... Jackson is a fun lil pond

It will be a fun little pond in the spring (if they get some rain and snow). It is closed because of the continual onslaught of multi-cultural folks sledding on the ice where the water is six to ten feet deep. Last three years their escapades made the national tv news shows with up to fifteen people in the water at one time. It got pretty close for several people who were airlifted to the trauma center with severe hypothermia. Even though there were signs in several languages, one of them got a lawyer and wants to get paid for ignoring the signs.

DangerFishin
02-11-2014, 11:44 AM
It will be a fun little pond in the spring (if they get some rain and snow). It is closed because of the continual onslaught of multi-cultural folks sledding on the ice where the water is six to ten feet deep. Last three years their escapades made the national tv news shows with up to fifteen people in the water at one time. It got pretty close for several people who were airlifted to the trauma center with severe hypothermia. Even though there were signs in several languages, one of them got a lawyer and wants to get paid for ignoring the signs.

I remember hearing about that. buncha numb nuts. well hopefully the rain and snow come and save it!!

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
02-16-2014, 06:28 PM
I wanted to check this place out too but I saw a video on youtube and the water is way low

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
05-02-2014, 08:39 AM
Anyone been up here lateely? maybe the rain a month ago helped?

thanks

Viejo
05-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Water is extremely low. Not sure if they are going to stock but check the LA County stocking lists. Once weather warms up, the lake will hit terminal temperatures pretty quickly, I suspect. It is a sag pond with no stream running into it. It really depends on a good rain season to stay filled.

vortec_cruiser
06-15-2014, 01:04 PM
I just watched a YouTube video of a bunch of idiots falling through the ice at Jackson Lake. Afterwards, all of them headed back to Pomona and El Monte.

DarkShadow
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Afterwards, all of them headed back to Pomona and El Monte.

You forgot East LA and Van Nuys.

tpfishnfool
06-16-2014, 03:36 PM
And Eco park and sun valley