PDA

View Full Version : kenneth hahn park Lake

BASSCATCH
02-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Went to Kenneth Hahn Park Lake on Friday January 31 2014, and Saturday the 1 February 2014 both days for about 2 hours, friday I caught 3 trout in the 10-12 inch size, give a decent fight on my 4 lb test line. Saturday i landed my limit of 5 and kept 2 in just under 2 hours. Used orange/white mice tails, on a size 10 single egg hook, with a crushed barb, with a 1 foot liter, on a small egg sinker and a Carolina keeper. Tried a few colors, but the orange and white worked best. Other caught on Powerbait, but that is not my thing. Sorry no pictures were taken...Water looked pretty clean, I seen the park rangers keeping the area clean. I also noticed some people that where there both days, taking more then there limit...tisk tisk! I hope DFG makes a surprise visit and checks everyone...Tight lines, and respect your local fishing hole. Till next time, BASSCATCH.

aramirez1988
02-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the report. I've only been there twice and I try to see if anyone ever posts about KHP but there aren't that many. Last time I was there I went there for only a few hours near sundown and got skunked even though I saw a few near shore. I just couldn't hook up on any. Anyways, nice report; about what time of the day were you there hooking up?

BASSCATCH
02-06-2014, 04:28 PM
I was there around 2pm on friday, and 4:30pm saturday.

georatm2011
02-14-2014, 05:48 PM
I went to this place for a family party awhile back in the Summer and was astounded as to how empty the lake was of fishermen. It looks very clean and just looks like a fun place to hang out. How do you think the fishing will be on a Sunday, thanks and have a good one guys.

I*B*CATCHIN
03-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Hey rickey ...you must be on the hotline for when they plant the regulars all call each other , and they come in full force the first parking lot fills quick and yes limits dont matter I take lunch breaks there sometimes and chat with those who are lucky enough to be fishing ...the waterfall area is good they use spinners in that spot ..tired for carp but blanked in the 2nd lake ...hopefully summer time will be better for my beloved carp ...btw hows your wifes carp doing

BASSCATCH
04-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Sorry, I haven't had time to tend to FNN, been busy. As for my lady's carp, and road runner the carp that was given are both doing great. The kitty's are also good, they are getting big. I even have a KHP trout in my pond that is doing well, he loves the meal worms.

I*B*CATCHIN
04-26-2014, 06:13 PM
Most people at the park are regulars & they all know each other
Went to Kenneth Hahn Park Lake on Friday January 31 2014, and Saturday the 1 February 2014 both days for about 2 hours, friday I caught 3 trout in the 10-12 inch size, give a decent fight on my 4 lb test line. Saturday i landed my limit of 5 and kept 2 in just under 2 hours. Used orange/white mice tails, on a size 10 single egg hook, with a crushed barb, with a 1 foot liter, on a small egg sinker and a Carolina keeper. Tried a few colors, but the orange and white worked best. Other caught on Powerbait, but that is not my thing. Sorry no pictures were taken...Water looked pretty clean, I seen the park rangers keeping the area clean. I also noticed some people that where there both days, taking more then there limit...tisk tisk! I hope DFG makes a surprise visit and checks everyone...Tight lines, and respect your local fishing hole. Till next time, BASSCATCH.

I*B*CATCHIN
04-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Sorry, I haven't had time to tend to FNN, been busy. As for my lady's carp, and road runner the carp that was given are both doing great. The kitty's are also good, they are getting big. I even have a KHP trout in my pond that is doing well, he loves the meal worms.
Thats awesome im glad the fish are healthy ...