PDA

View Full Version : Pre Super Bowl surf session 2/2

The_Dude
02-03-2014, 07:52 AM
With the super bowl later in the afternoon and work not calling till about 11 am I figured it would be a great time to hit the surf and check out the spot I scoped the day before. Picked my buddy up and away we went. Saw that High Tide was at 10:30 am so we hit the surf at 7 to get in some good incoming tide fishing.

Got to the water and noticed that the waves were rolling in one right after another and sort of had my doubts. Boy I couldn't have been more wrong. It was wide open for close to two hours for us. First cast out I picked up a 11 inch pig who engulfed the hook. Thankfully I was able to extract it and away the pig went to get caught another day. After that it was just one right after another, bite after bite. Granted the majority of the fish we were catching were dinks, but a fish is a fish, especially since all are C&R.

About 9:30 am got the fateful call from work which went something like "Oh hey, we started early, can you get the servers ready". Uhh, still in the water guys. Anyways, had to cut the session shorter than I wanted to, especially when the bite was hot. All in all we got 10 perch in just under two hours and a ton of short bites. Here are a few pics, stopped taking after the first 5.

titos334
02-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Good job! That looks like some fun. I think I'll have to go down to the beach and get some BSPs this week. Were you using the 2" crack worm?

bachiboy
02-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Nice, productive short session there. You fared better than the Broncos!:Wink: Keep it up!

Don

PTN
02-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Nice session out there. Thanks for sharing! :Smile:

-Peter

The_Dude
02-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Good job! That looks like some fun. I think I'll have to go down to the beach and get some BSPs this week. Were you using the 2" crack worm?

Yup 2" crack worm had them going crazy

Wingnut
02-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Perch action is better than no action... nice job! :Big Grin:

skunked4life
02-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Dude, you are getting there...reminds me of when I first started. Just keep at it? Thanks for posting your reports so regularly; winter is tough on surf reports!

Skunked4life

The_Dude
02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Perch action is better than no action... nice job! :Big Grin:

Thats what I say. One of these days I will be getting those butts like you Swat guys are. :Big Grin:

The_Dude
02-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Dude, you are getting there...reminds me of when I first started. Just keep at it? Thanks for posting your reports so regularly; winter is tough on surf reports!

Skunked4life

Thanks man, ya I have been taking the winter season as my time to learn the different beaches, learn what to look for and well just plain learning that way when the season kicks into high gear, I am ready