PDA

View Full Version : Skinner Shore Fishing Skunk

mizukry
02-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Went to Skinner yesterday to see if I could get Mr. Stripey to bite. Thought with the new moon, I might be able to catch something. Got to the lake about 5:45 and there were about 20 cars in front of me. Most were towing boats. Got in and started walking the shoreline at about 6:20. Got to my spot and started fishing about 7. Fished the whole day without even a nibble. That was a first for me there. The few times I’ve fished here, I caught a fish or two or at least got a bite. Used anchovies, liver and bloodworms for nada. However, I was able to take fish home to the wife. Around noon two guys in a boat asked if I wanted a striper and of course I said “Absolutely.” They got the boat near shore and tossed the stipey my way and I caught it in my net. At least I got something in the net for the day. One of the guys commented, like Pike’s Place in Seattle, the fish market where they throw fish. I didn’t get their names or forgot to ask if they were FNNers, but writing in hopes they were and I could once again thank them for the fish. Fish tacos tonight! THANKS GUYS!!!

As far as overall fishing at Skinner, I could see a lot of birds working from the Marina all the way to the East End in the early morning (1st hour and a half)., I could see a lot of guys throwing swimbaits and some bigger baits, out in front near the marina and towards the channel, but didn’t see much happening. Did see a guy catch one fly fishing near the first buoy as you leave the marina. Looked pretty slow around the marina overall. Not sure what was going on in the East end, but a lot of boats went that way. Guessing the shad are still up in the morning. Did see a pontoon boat drifting across the channel starting from the reeds straight across from the marina with shad in the late afternoon. Saw them land about a half dozen fish in about an hour. Breeze was up and they were drifting at a decent clip.

Kojak5150
02-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the update. Hopefully tight lines next time.