PDA

View Full Version : DVL 1/29/14 LMB Report - How many colors?

Stinkbait
02-02-2014, 11:32 AM
This many:
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b624/Gotcrabs2/645b17ae5cc984d85ec18b7b58dbf5b5_zps520ecea2.jpg

Almost lost the finesse A-Rig I built on this little number. It came up strait. I should of spooled it and sold it. What's it about $50 in lead core? Is that the famous magic Mike fly in the pic? Just an FYI, try the saltwater section of His and Hers or Bob M's for some alternatives.

Fished opening until 2. Got one shallow and two offshore (25-30) for the day. Missed about 5 being asleep at the wheel. Two were 2.5 lbers. Perfect condition. Most bites were on a creature style bait. S L O W. The most life on the graph I have seen in a bit. A few slashing arcs here and there but no reaction fish.

It was difficult because you would go about 30 min. to an hour for nothing than get a nice thump and/or a line peeler take, hence asleep at the wheel. The wind was out of the north the last night/evening prior but the south shore was not wide by any means.

Hawgs:
Any takes on the SB at the ramp on opening?

GdHkSet1
02-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Looks like a EP fly. Thx for the lmb report.

HawgZWylde
02-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I've pulled up a few wads like that recently. A bite like that, one every so often makes it harder to be ready to swing. You get too relaxed or distracted, caught up in thought, whatever. Those bass inhale, then spit it out so fast sometimes that if your not ready the second you feel it, you missed it. Especially with jigs. Then there's those times the fish eat things so agonizingly slow and it seems your getting your bait back half bit off because when you swung, the fish only had it halfway in it's mouth. The winter bite is definitely a grind this year. Good job sticking the ones you did, there are a lot of good anglers struggling out there.

SB's at the ramp are good, but you gotta be the first there throwing or forget it. Unless your there when the stockers are dumped, come back to it later when some wind chops things up a bit. There are indeed some pigs swimming around looking for those big candy bars. But they're elsewhere as well, and being there early matters.

Thanks for the report...

Stinkbait
02-09-2014, 10:26 PM
I saw you on the ramp edge tossing SBs first thing, so I asked.