PDA

View Full Version : Saturday morning high tide

The_Dude
02-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Took my daughter and buddy out to the surf this morning to fish the high tide. Got to the spot and as you can see in the pictures, the surf must have been brutal the last few days as it was I would say a 5 ft sand cliff you had to slide down to get to the water. Water conditions were pretty nice I must say. Started casting out the camo "crack" sandworm and right away was getting bit. Problem was they were all short bites. Moved a little further down the beach and found a nice little pocket of piggy perch. Picked up 3 perch averaging 10 inches before the fatal statement from my 8 year old came "Daddy I have to go potty" :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:. Figured I came for what I wanted and that was to get her into some fish and that we did, so my buddy and I packed it up early and headed to some public restrooms so she could go to the bathroom.

Was actually not to bad, as we were waiting, decided to scope that portion of the beach out and low and behold it appears to be a really good place to hold some perch, so next session will be trying that out.

Here is a couple of pics with her first piggy perch

tamddo714
02-01-2014, 10:19 AM
good job getting her hooked up on some piggies! it has been a high surf report lately its should be calm after this weekend

The_Dude
02-01-2014, 10:39 AM
good job getting her hooked up on some piggies! it has been a high surf report lately its should be calm after this weekend

Ya looks like things will start to calm down. Was checking out surfline.com and it was showing 1-2ft surf with the occasional 3ft in there this morning for where I was. Seal Beach has looked consistent with 1-2ft surf at all times and the beach cam looked pretty nice as well, as far as the surf being mild.

Nipple Twister
02-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Nice report Dude....thx for sharing, she will have memories to last a lifetime........well done in finding the fish.......