PDA

View Full Version : Late Reports

elfarolitojr03
01-30-2014, 11:02 PM
So I have been fishing Irvine lake quite frequently and I have been doing very well on all my trips. Have gone 4 times in the last 3 weeks and i have limited every time. Have fished both from my boat and my float tube but most of my success has been on the float tube. I think the moving baits have been the key for me. Most of the fish i have caught have been around 2-2.5 pounds, all on either carolina rig with a white head pink body mice tail dipped in bite on garlic, or on a split shot around 12 inches, on a pink and green combo trout worm dipped in bite on as well. Have been dragging the bait on the ground and have been very successful, even had a double hook up today to end off my limit. Most of the fishing has been down the west shore buoy line, or in the red cliffs, nothing too deep though. Haven't been able to record videos cause i cant find my go pro, and the only pics i have taken have been sent through snap chats. I have taken my cousin and my other friend on float tubing trips for their first time and have been able to get them on some fish, they had a blast, even though they were freezing. Have had really good trips these last couple of weeks, and have been catching alot of trout. One of these days ill find a nice fatty and bring it home. Hope this helps some people looking to try to get some fish. Dragging the baits on the ground and having them dipped on scents have been key for me. Cant wait for next tournament.

Will upload any pics if I can.

VineVideos
01-31-2014, 07:52 AM
So I have been fishing Irvine lake quite frequently and I have been doing very well on all my trips. Have gone 4 times in the last 3 weeks and i have limited every time. Have fished both from my boat and my float tube but most of my success has been on the float tube. I think the moving baits have been the key for me. Most of the fish i have caught have been around 2-2.5 pounds, all on either carolina rig with a white head pink body mice tail dipped in bite on garlic, or on a split shot around 12 inches, on a pink and green combo trout worm dipped in bite on as well. Have been dragging the bait on the ground and have been very successful, even had a double hook up today to end off my limit. Most of the fishing has been down the west shore buoy line, or in the red cliffs, nothing too deep though. Haven't been able to record videos cause i cant find my go pro, and the only pics i have taken have been sent through snap chats. I have taken my cousin and my other friend on float tubing trips for their first time and have been able to get them on some fish, they had a blast, even though they were freezing. Have had really good trips these last couple of weeks, and have been catching alot of trout. One of these days ill find a nice fatty and bring it home. Hope this helps some people looking to try to get some fish. Dragging the baits on the ground and having them dipped on scents have been key for me. Cant wait for next tournament.

Will upload any pics if I can.

Wow! Great report. Those fatties do pop up here and there. We are stocking lots of them. Glad you are getting your limits each time.

Personally, I really need to get much more dialed in on the bait fishing. Trolling is generally my "go to" method since trout fishing is new to me the last few years. Been saltwater all my life.

Curious about your FNN name. I have worked and fished for many years (since I was a little boy) in Mexico and Central America. Seems to me that El Faro means lighthouse. Is that correct?
How/why did you select that name? It's cool. Just curious.

Anyway, have a great one and hope to see you on the water some day !!

Danny J.

elfarolitojr03
01-31-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks Vinevideos.
Hopefully will find those fatties one of these tourneys. Have tried trolling and have been successful but I guess I like the feeling of being in the water more than sitting in the boat cruising around lol.
As far as the name elfarolito there is two reasons, one it is my email address so it's easier to type and not forget it. And 2 it's the name of the family restaurant. My grandparents opened up el Farolito in placentia and my parents opened up el Farolito Jr. in Anaheim so that's where the names come from. Don't know if you've heard of them but I'm sure someone on this forum has heard or been there. And my grandma always told me it meant little lamp light, not sure if that's the exact meaning but that's what I was told.

Jesse S.

Rooster
01-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Great report Jesse. el Farolito in Placentia is my favorite restaurant. Love that place... Lets trade some combo plates for some trout gear. :Envious:

elfarolitojr03
01-31-2014, 10:06 AM
@rooster I knew someone on the forum would be familiar with the restaurant. Have you ever been to the one in Anaheim, I work at that one and I could Def hook you up with food from there. Pm me if you are ever around maybe we can get some fishing going.

Jesse S

gokuguy
01-31-2014, 01:27 PM
Great report Jesse. el Farolito in Placentia is my favorite restaurant. Love that place... Lets trade some combo plates for some trout gear. :Envious:

Hellllll yah...!! I love el farolito. I used to go there all the time when I used to work at Robbins Bros in Fullerton. THe best is when they have taco nights and are carving the meat right out in the parking lot (this was like 10 years ago). lol.

VineVideos
01-31-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm getting a real education here. Thanks Jesse. I produced some shows for FOX a few years ago in Puerto Vallarta. There was a restaurant there called El Faro. I was told it means Lighthouse.

So yes, I'm sure El Farolito would be small light or lamp. That's my Spanish lesson for today !!

Thanks much !!

Dj

elfarolitojr03
02-01-2014, 02:00 AM
@gokuguy you're talking about the alpastor tacos we had outside right? We still have those but we do that inside, some health code stuff, city doesn't want it but we still have al pastor, and it's probably some of the best alpastor around.

Can't believe this report turned into a Mexican food report lol but thank you guys that have been there before for your business. We are still located same place and food is same as before.
If other members haven't been you guys should check it out! Hahahah

Jesse s.