PDA

View Full Version : dvl closed for fishing

trollmiester
01-29-2014, 06:30 PM
man i hope i am wrong,just watched channel 2 news at six and jerry brown declared a drought and said fishing would be banned at some lakes--they showed dvl sorry if i gave bad info but i just saw it on tv.

alexgee926
01-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Wow really? Hope they don't close silverwood

drifter023
01-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Why? If so what a A-Whole...

Fishingdachronarch201E7
01-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Oh man i hope not either were supposed go their saturday morning....anyone know where i can check so i dont show up and its closed...or any info on silverwood would b helpful.....

seal
01-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Guys I can't find anything online on any of this. Silverwood lake is full, why would they close a full lake? DVL is going to continue to go down but until boat launches can't occur once again why? They are dumb but I don't think this dumb.

If true it really is time to take back this fk'n state!

DEVOREFLYER
01-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Seal it's to late to take back the state, but we still got time to take back the country. Looking for a few good men?

Fishin4runner
01-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Hey seal,
scroll to the bottom #15 at http://banning-beaumont.patch.com/groups/weather/p/gov-brown-declares-state-of-emergency-due-to-drought-conditions
Or go here http://www.vcstar.com/news/2014/jan/29/calif-bans-fishing-in-drought-stricken-streams/
Or here http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2014/01/29/18749984.php

These sites do not name certain reservoirs but do say it is up to the DFG to make the decision

PONTOON
01-29-2014, 07:32 PM
I was watching Channel 2 News and I also heard mention of fishing ban on So Cal reservoirs......looked up and saw pics of some familiar looking lakes. It was one of those upcoming story clips and nothing was talked about before the news ended.????

I've also been doing searches and checking out the Channel 2 website. I can't find anything either?????

Fishin4runner
01-29-2014, 07:34 PM
If the DFW deems it is necessary then we will lose our fishing in certain areas. Welcome to Ca. A truly F$%#ed up state.....

DEVOREFLYER
01-29-2014, 07:36 PM
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — California is banning fishing in some drought-stricken streams and rivers on the state's central and north coasts in an effort to protect imperiled salmon and steelhead.

Charlton Bonham, director of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, said Wednesday that the move was made to protect as many fish as possible as streams flows dwindle.Among the closures are the San Lorenzo River and its tributaries in Santa Cruz County, the Big Sur River and area streams, the Eel River in Humboldt County and others.

Most of California is in extreme drought, which led Gov. Jerry Brown to declare a drought emergency.

The agency also recommended that the state Fish and Game Commission also close parts of the American and Russian Rivers.

Fishin4runner
01-29-2014, 07:39 PM
That is just the beginning, wait till they find a frog or something in one of the reservoirs that is effected by the drought conditions. Kind of like upstream of Little Rock Dam. If they want to close the fishing they will find a reason.......

HawgZWylde
01-29-2014, 07:50 PM
I just got off the lake and not a word was mentioned by anyone there. Had a pretty dang good day out there as well. To me this sounds like fearmongering. But then again, there are agendas. Just ask Oblowzo and the EPA...

To add to this, there is no reason period to close artificial reservoirs to fishing unless they are reduced to puddles where access is impossible...

Marley
01-29-2014, 07:51 PM
I don't like the state closing waters, either. But when lake levels reach single digits in respect to percent of capacity, I would think it would be irresponsible of anyone concerned about the resource to fish the body of water. Protect what's left of the fish for when the water returns. Closures are for the other 80% of the public who need to be told what the responsible thing is.

exfactor
01-29-2014, 07:59 PM
they are proposing stuff at their Feb 4th meeting. Most of the closures will be north cal rivers, to protect the steelhead and salmon fishery. Don't jump to conclusions quite yet

HawgZWylde
01-29-2014, 08:21 PM
I don't like the state closing waters, either. But when lake levels reach single digits in respect to percent of capacity, I would think it would be irresponsible of anyone concerned about the resource to fish the body of water. Protect what's left of the fish for when the water returns. Closures are for the other 80% of the public who need to be told what the responsible thing is.

Ask yourself this, why haven't we exponentially increased water storage capacity? Why do eco-nazis still want Hetch-Hetchy and Lake Powell drained? And why are we using precious water to generate electricity when we could have been building new power generation plants to match the population increase? We haven't built any in decades. And why on Earth are we allowing millions more into this state who shouldn't be here in the first place? More people, more water right? Who in the hell is in charge of this state and why are they such terrible planners? Oh wait, one party has been in perpetual control of this states legislature for nearly 40 years, go figure...

Pete Marino
01-29-2014, 08:43 PM
DVL isn't going anywhere guys...sorry to disappoint!! Nor is Perris or any other lake here in So Cal..

Pete

PONTOON
01-29-2014, 09:20 PM
they are proposing stuff at their Feb 4th meeting. Most of the closures will be north cal rivers, to protect the steelhead and salmon fishery. Don't jump to conclusions quite yet

Just watched a report on channel 9 where they interviewed Gov. Brown regarding the drought where a statement was made that they considered moving water from So Cal to more severely hit Northern reservoirs?

They also reported exactly what exfactor posted with the fish and wildlife closing Northern Calif. rivers.

Why Channel 2 news mentioned reservoirs, who knows?

superbigfish
01-29-2014, 09:25 PM
After talking to a few friends that work at the DFW, as of right now the list will include:

Pyramid Lake
Lake Isabella
Lake McClure
Cachuma Lake
McSwain Lake
San Luis Reservoir
lake nacimiento
San Antonio
DVL

troutdog
01-29-2014, 09:37 PM
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — California is banning fishing in some drought-stricken streams and rivers on the state's central and north coasts in an effort to protect imperiled salmon and steelhead.

Charlton Bonham, director of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, said Wednesday that the move was made to protect as many fish as possible as streams flows dwindle.Among the closures are the San Lorenzo River and its tributaries in Santa Cruz County, the Big Sur River and area streams, the Eel River in Humboldt County and others.

Most of California is in extreme drought, which led Gov. Jerry Brown to declare a drought emergency.

The agency also recommended that the state Fish and Game Commission also close parts of the American and Russian Rivers.

I'm surprised there is anything left of the San Lorenzo to close, it was down to almost nothing back when I was there back in October...time to start tuning the saltwater gear for 2014.

TD

bassmeister
01-29-2014, 10:24 PM
Well they can just go f@$# themselves. Bet Brown would change his tune if all the fishermen and women could take a refund on their liscnese's and all the useless quagga mussel fee tags we had to poney up to this year. Sure hope the heavens open up and get us some rain real soon.

cutbait
01-30-2014, 05:40 AM
Some of those lakes are in real danger. Probably they are shut down.

Pyramid. No way

DEVOREFLYER
01-30-2014, 06:37 AM
If you use Google Earth on Diamond Valley Lake and use the time slider go back to 06/05/2009. You will see the lake at a level that left the boat launch high and dry and a number of islands in the lake. We will likely see that level or worse again. They did it once they can do it again.

HuskerRod
01-30-2014, 08:12 AM
I was getting ready to buy my annual DVL year permit. Better hold off until I know whats going on for sure.

cutbait
01-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Here is San Antonio. You tell me if no fishing would be a good idea?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/5283eb4655662imagejpgcf_zps3c4c3a9d.jpg

DrePSP
01-30-2014, 12:49 PM
I guess there is a lot of politics on here.
If it needs to be closed because of a draught, so be it. Not like its on purpose.
I bet if they left it open and it impacted the fish in a negative way, all of you nay sayers would have your panties in a bunch and complain as to why they didn't stop fishing/boating.
I can't remember if they still allowed shore line fishing last time the boat launch was closed?

HuskerRod
01-30-2014, 12:55 PM

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/5283eb4655662imagejpgcf_zps3c4c3a9d.jpg

Oh my gosh!!!! Looks like my next trip to San Antonio I can leave my deep driving crankbaits behind..wow

DarkShadow
01-30-2014, 12:56 PM

San Antonio River!!! Awesome.

Time to break out the 4 weight.

cutbait
01-30-2014, 01:31 PM
In all fairness to the lake, this pic is at mid point of the lake. There is still quite a sizeable lake toward the dam with 60 ft of water.

What it left is probably 3 miles long. Keep in mind SA is 21 miles long I believe at full pool.

Isabella isn't in much better shape

DarkShadow
01-30-2014, 01:50 PM
In all fairness to the lake, this pic is at mid point of the lake. There is still quite a sizeable lake toward the dam with 60 ft of water.

In that case....

This is an example of unfair journalism whoever printed this as evidence.

;-)

HawgZWylde
01-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Here is a pic of DVL taken on January 7th from the top of the ramp facing west. You can see the full pool water line on the right. The lake is around 60ft down but still has a ways to go before it reaches the end of the ramp. This lake is 4.5 miles long and 2 miles wide with well over 200ft of water in it's deepest locations, which is a lot of it. This lake still has more water in it than a full pool Lake Havasu. Even if the ramp does close, one can still shore fish or use their rental boats. So yes, there is a lot of fearmongering going on. If you really want to fear something concerning water, look to the water rights grab being attempted by the EPA as we speak.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag145/Hawgz_Wylde/20140107_164806_zps2f9b8b81.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/Hawgz_Wylde/media/20140107_164806_zps2f9b8b81.jpg.html)

HuskerRod
01-30-2014, 03:14 PM
I remember back at the lowest levels of DVL you could practically jump from shore to the attenuator (fancy word for floating dock). I know cause I tried it.................missed by that much (fingers a few inches apart)

cutbait
01-30-2014, 04:20 PM
In that case....

This is an example of unfair journalism whoever printed this as evidence.

;-)

The difference is the of author can recognize and accept misleading material

HawgZWylde
01-30-2014, 05:07 PM
I remember back at the lowest levels of DVL you could practically jump from shore to the attenuator (fancy word for floating dock). I know cause I tried it.................missed by that much (fingers a few inches apart)

Lol, ouch. And even at that lower level, a huge portion of the west end is still nearly 200ft deep...

bassmeister
01-30-2014, 05:12 PM
As long as shore and rentals are available in any of the lakes all is good. Just don't see where the need to close any lake for fishing. In the river system's it makes since when it impacts migration and spawning efforts.

DEVOREFLYER
01-30-2014, 05:55 PM
It's more the low water levels lead to higher water temps and landing a fish (Trout, Salmon, Steelhead) stresses the fish and the combination significantly lowers the survival rate. The East and West Fork of the Walker River had low water last season and a number of professional guides quit making trips on the Walker for that reason.

twcthfsh
01-30-2014, 10:06 PM
Amen---maybe they are trying to model this state after Detroit.

HawgZWylde
01-30-2014, 10:58 PM
It's more the low water levels lead to higher water temps and landing a fish (Trout, Salmon, Steelhead) stresses the fish and the combination significantly lowers the survival rate. The East and West Fork of the Walker River had low water last season and a number of professional guides quit making trips on the Walker for that reason.

Yes, in those instances temporary emergency conservation measures should be in place to increase the chance of species survivability, but temporary is the keyword. We all know the left loves to sensationalize and attempt to capitalize on a good crisis. Watch them closely...

HawgZWylde
01-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Amen---maybe they are trying to model this state after Detroit.

Maybe? It's more like a given...

Master Baiter1
01-31-2014, 12:21 PM
For the first time ever, the DWR water allocation for the SWP will be 0% for non agriculture.

http://www.water.ca.gov/news/newsreleases/2014/013114.pdf

bendopolo2004
01-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Maybe I am remembering this wrong. It seems like yesterday there was a new reservoir opening that was going to take care of all of SoCals water problems. Holding 7 times as much water as all other lakes in SoCal combined we were not going to have any water problems any more. And they were considering stocking Lake Trout and Walleyes. What a bunch of hooey! Raise those water rates and let the East coast flood year after year. Maybe we should of built a canal or pipe back there for our several billion dollars. The walleye could come out on their own....

DEVOREFLYER
01-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Well this could get interesting as 0% allocation and 0% carryover for the following:

Coachella Valley WD
Desert WA
San Gabriel Valley MWD
Ventura County WPD

I guess folks in those area's will be usin' the cat box and not the toilet. :Envious:

HawgZWylde
01-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Maybe I am remembering this wrong. It seems like yesterday there was a new reservoir opening that was going to take care of all of SoCals water problems. Holding 7 times as much water as all other lakes in SoCal combined we were not going to have any water problems any more. And they were considering stocking Lake Trout and Walleyes. What a bunch of hooey! Raise those water rates and let the East coast flood year after year. Maybe we should of built a canal or pipe back there for our several billion dollars. The walleye could come out on their own....

They used the water for hydro-power generation. DVL was originally built for emergency use only, but since the San Onofre nuke plant closed, and all that green energy turned out to be a farce, they were using our water for power generation. I've posted this on a few threads here but no one seems to want to talk about it. Alas but they will this summer when the lights go out because we now do not have enough water to turn the generation turbines AND flush the toilets...

cutbait
01-31-2014, 02:01 PM
There was talk of missippi water pumped to the Colorado river in Colorado where it would gravity to socal.

Haven't heard about that in a while, nor do I am think it could pass enviro crap.

Though, desperate times gets balls rolling

HawgZWylde
01-31-2014, 02:06 PM
There was talk of missippi water pumped to the Colorado river in Colorado where it would gravity to socal.

Haven't heard about that in a while, nor do I am think it could pass enviro crap.

"F" the eco-commies, they're one of the main culprits, if not the main culprits of why we find ourselves in this predicament in the first place. We should have been expanding our storage capacities and building new power generation plants decades ago...

DEVOREFLYER
01-31-2014, 02:12 PM

They would rather spend hundred's of billions on the "Bullet Train to Nowhere" than a pipeline or water solution.

bassmeister
01-31-2014, 02:18 PM
They would rather spend hundred's of billions on the "Bullet Train to Nowhere" than a pipeline or water solution.

Yeah this one gets me the most. Brown wants to roll with this Oz Land Fairy train imaginariam but not one word on constructing more water holding sheds like DVL or Water pipes to bring in more water from other resources. Before any of that happens we all will be bathing and or cooking in reclaimed recycled toilet water.

ghost2uu
01-31-2014, 02:57 PM
Congrats to Cut Bait and his employer. They finally sucked Nor Cal dry making a few farmers rich in the central valley. :) Seriously though, we are screwed, salmon are screwed, steelhead are screwed, but all your yards are still green.

titos334
01-31-2014, 03:24 PM
"F" the eco-commies, they're one of the main culprits, if not the main culprits of why we find ourselves in this predicament in the first place. We should have been expanding our storage capacities and building new power generation plants decades ago...

I sure hope you're a political advisor. It would be a total disaster if your vast wealth of important and pertinent knowledge was not being utilized. You could save the state and the Union!!

Lady Quagga
01-31-2014, 05:12 PM
I sure hope you're a political advisor. It would be a total disaster if your vast wealth of important and pertinent knowledge was not being utilized. You could save the state and the Union!!

Didn't you hear titos? Hawggy here is running on the Anti-Steelhead ticket. It's not been easy for his campaign manager though - he's still trying to figure out how to explain to voters why Hawggy only cares about infrastructure when it affects his ability to launch his boat. And then there's his apparent animosity towards Mexicans - seems Hawggy went to school to learn how to put up dry wall and is now p*ssed because they can do a better job, ask for less pay, and dont have degree in construction.

HawgZWylde
01-31-2014, 06:07 PM
Didn't you hear titos? Hawggy here is running on the Anti-Steelhead ticket. It's not been easy for his campaign manager though - he's still trying to figure out how to explain to voters why Hawggy only cares about infrastructure when it affects his ability to launch his boat. And then there's his apparent animosity towards Mexicans - seems Hawggy went to school to learn how to put up dry wall and is now p*ssed because they can do a better job, ask for less pay, and dont have degree in construction.

Ah yes indeed, the white lady returns. How was your vacation?

Actually, while I earned my degree in building and construction technology, I worked for a general contractor building custom homes up on the central coast. I became a master carpenter and a multi trades person. Once I returned to So Cal, I went to work for a custom home framing company and got to help build multi million dollar mansions in the Pelican Point and Pelican Hill developments. You know, the ones right up above Crystal Cove State Beach. Of course you know. We also built huge homes in the hills of Dana Point, Capo Beach, San Clemente, Laguna Niguel, Coto de Casa, etc. etc. Then housing slowed and I went into commercial construction and learned that aspect of the trades eventually joining a union and working at the Anaheim convention center and Disneyland steel stud framing and hanging rock. The next job was at Soka University in Aliso Viejo. A year later I quit the union and went to work for a general contractor as a foreman, then a superintendent. Did that for a decade then went back to housing working for the 6th largest Homebuilder in the nation where I had a nice comfy six figure compensation package. I still put my bags on from time to time and do repair work for folks though.

Anti-Steelhead ticket? Where on earth did you come up with that? And I only care about infrastructure so I can launch my boat? What kind of drugs or drink have you been partaking in? I think maybe you've possibly had too much fun & sun while you were away...

cutbait
01-31-2014, 06:13 PM
Congrats to Cut Bait and his employer. They finally sucked Nor Cal dry making a few farmers rich in the central valley. :) Seriously though, we are screwed, salmon are screwed, steelhead are screwed, but all your yards are still green.

Sucked nor cal dry?

Are you that retarded?

You mean the reservoirs that were built for water storage, then when we experience record drought over almost a decade you expect those reservoirs that were built for the sole purpose to store flood waters into the delta, that would have naturally run into the ocean years ago to have water?

But you blame the farmers?

Without those dams nircal wouldn't of had water for over three years now.

Besides my employer is providing your dumbass with water otherwise you would be chitting in a bucket right now

HawgZWylde
01-31-2014, 06:14 PM

I wasn't aware you had to be a "political advisor" to voice an opinion on something that so many don't bother paying attention to. Kinda why we find ourselves in this fiscal and social disaster. Besides, Quagga gets all excited when I post...

HawgZWylde
01-31-2014, 06:16 PM

And I even get to flush my toilet too. Isn't that great?

HawgZWylde
01-31-2014, 06:27 PM
Sucked nor cal dry?

Are you that retarded?

You mean the reservoirs that were built for water storage, then when we experience record drought over almost a decade you expect those reservoirs that were built for the sole purpose to store flood waters into the delta, that would have naturally run into the ocean years ago to have water?

Besides my employer is providing your dumbass with water otherwise you would be chitting in a bucket right now

This place brings out the best of em eh Mike? Lol, this guy probably relates to the cave dudes on those tv commercials...

cutbait
01-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Your right Hawgzy

The definition of a reservoir is storage. If there is nothing to store (rain) the storage vessel will be empty.

"Sucking dry" didn't empty those reservoirs. Lack of season rain did. They are designed to catch seasonal rain. Nothing more, nothing less

Pete Marino
01-31-2014, 06:55 PM
all this almost makes me feel bad for spraying off my driveway TWICE this afternoon... Thanks No Cal... Shoot theres a rolly polly walking across my clean driveway...Im gonna go spray that little bugger off it... Third time is a charm!!! lmao

Pete

HawgZWylde
01-31-2014, 09:31 PM
all this almost makes me feel bad for spraying off my driveway TWICE this afternoon... Thanks No Cal... Shoot theres a rolly polly walking across my clean driveway...Im gonna go spray that little bugger off it... Third time is a charm!!! lmao

Pete

Lol. Hey wait, that rolly polly might be an endangered species like that fly in Colton where they couldn't pick up piles of dumped garbage in the fields for fear of destroying it's nesting area. You better leave that rolly polly alone and wash your boat and truck instead...

Pete Marino
01-31-2014, 10:50 PM
ahahaahhhahhaaha

DockRat
02-01-2014, 06:43 AM
It's not over yet. A few years ago we had that 'Miracle March' that saved ourass.
Feb and March could bring rain.

Classic LQ, jumping into someones post and typing in a bunch of OFF TOPIC B S.:LOL:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/Baino182/IMG_0608.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Baino182/media/IMG_0608.jpg.html)

"Sucking dry"
I bet she can.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/Zidarlys/bewerkingen/przewalskis-horse-hybrid.png (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Zidarlys/media/bewerkingen/przewalskis-horse-hybrid.png.html)

TroutOnly
02-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Trolly do you see what caused a flamed up thread ,even the quagga jumped up off her rock shes sitting on and quit sucking for a moment so she could spout some stuff in the report section instead sitting on the rock of the general discusion ,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,im going to slap you chris at fred hall you old trouble making -boz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

HawgZWylde
02-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Last Thursday the US House of Representatives introduced a bill, H.R.3964, that would offer some emergency relief by allowing a little more water to be pumped in from the Delta. Here is a press release from US House majority rep Kevin McCarthy;

California Water Bill Is Commonsense Solution To Drought-Stricken Californians
Jan 29, 2014

Washington D.C. – House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) made the following statement on the introduction of H.R. 3964, the Sacramento–San Joaquin Valley Emergency Water Delivery Act:

“The current California drought is a crisis exacerbated by the failure of government to recognize the damage it can cause when it gets in between our country’s farmers and a critical resource needed to supply food and economic growth to our nation. The government has decided that rather than helping ensure adequate water to California’s Central Valley, it is more important to protect fish. This has resulted in the wasting of millions of acre-feet of water to the Pacific Ocean over the years, which otherwise could have gone to families and farmers who contract and pay for it.

“Today, led by my good friend Rep. David Valadao (CA-21), the entire California Republican delegation in the House introduced legislation to put families before fish. In 1994, the Bay Delta Accord established water deliveries throughout California that have since evaporated due to environmental regulations. This bill is a comprehensive solution to California’s water problems, and ensures that the delta pumps that deliver water to the Central Valley and southern California in wet years are operating at the levels agreed upon in 1994.

“One more day cannot go by without addressing the shortage of a resource so precious to our economy and wellbeing. Unfortunately, Senate Democrats have yet to even offer a proposal to deliver needed water to the Central Valley. It is time, as representatives for the entire state, that Senator Boxer and Senator Feinstein support drought-stricken Californians and get behind this legislation.”

http://www.majoritywhip.gov/press-release/california-water-bill-commonsense-solution-drought-stricken-californians

House speaker John Boehner was here in Cali to see for himself last week as well.

Senators Barbara "Baghead" Boxer and Dianne Frankenstein have since publicly came out completely opposing it. Unfortunately commonsense does not exist in the leftists intellectual (sometimes) and controlling collective mind...

cutbait
02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
It's not over yet. A few years ago we had that 'Miracle March' that saved ourass.
Feb and March could bring rain.

Classic LQ, jumping into someones post and typing in a bunch of OFF TOPIC B S.:LOL:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh40/Baino182/IMG_0608.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Baino182/media/IMG_0608.jpg.html)

I bet she can.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/Zidarlys/bewerkingen/przewalskis-horse-hybrid.png (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Zidarlys/media/bewerkingen/przewalskis-horse-hybrid.png.html)

Miracle March was in 1998

DEVOREFLYER
02-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Miracle March was in 1998

El Nino saved us. 96" of rain on the mountain where I live. Yip it was a "Texas Frog Strangler" that year.

flytyingreloader
02-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Sucked nor cal dry?

Are you that retarded?

Now, C/B, be kind. You don't want to spoil hater diatribes with FACTS or other harsh realities. Those nasty facts would sink their arguments, even spoil their symmetry. Can't have that.

flytyingreloader
02-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Keep it up, gents--Lady Q is so beautiful when angry.

cutbait
02-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Now, C/B, be kind. You don't want to spoil hater diatribes with FACTS or other harsh realities. Those nasty facts would sink their arguments, even spoil their symmetry. Can't have that.

Your right, your right..

My apologies, I got fired up

DEVOREFLYER
02-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Ya can't them FACTS messin' up thoughts of Unicorn's and Rainbow's can we?

Oh I forgot about that "Hope & Change" thingy also, how's that workin' for y'all?

HuskerRod
02-03-2014, 01:03 PM
I cant help but feel a lump in my throat when I think of what some of these lakes might look like in august at our current dryness legels. I lige in the shadows of DVL and cant remember not being able to look up towards big Bear and not seeing white snow packs...now nothing. And this may become much more then just fishing related.

Dsrt Tortise
02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Just imaginewe could all fish the Salton Sea :LOL::ROFL::Dead Horse::BFish: DT

muskyman
02-03-2014, 08:18 PM
As I sit here and read this, drinking my lake michigan water ( meaning my body is full of quagga mussels, zebra mussels and gobies) I cannot fathom living out there. The way I use to do turn around fishing, hitting two lakes in one day, 2-3 a weekend, that would never be possible today, right ? I am so glad I left. Even being snowed in here. I just learn to appreciate spring , summer, and fall.

HawgZWylde
02-03-2014, 08:38 PM
As I sit here and read this, drinking my lake michigan water ( meaning my body is full of quagga mussels, zebra mussels and gobies) I cannot fathom living out there. The way I use to do turn around fishing, hitting two lakes in one day, 2-3 a weekend, that would never be possible today, right ? I am so glad I left. Even being snowed in here. I just learn to appreciate spring , summer, and fall.

meaning my body is full of quagga mussels, zebra mussels

Lol, talk about "roughage", ouch! Both my wife's and my family live in Minnesota and have been trying to talk us into moving there but dang man, might as well live at the North Pole. We are leaving Cali though and are looking at South Carolina and Missouri somewhere near the Springfield/Branson area. Cali is sooo freaking jacked up by imbecilic governance...

Fish Engineer
02-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Upper Colorado basin is 120% of normal as of 2/3/2014, see link below. Time to let DVL fill with Colorado river water once again when the runoff happens this spring. A side benefit will be that it will stock the lake with more stripers, shad, and quagga.

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/reports/UpdateReport.html?report=Colorado&format=SNOTEL+Snowpack+Update+Report

addict
02-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Lol, talk about "roughage", ouch! Both my wife's and my family live in Minnesota and have been trying to talk us into moving there but dang man, might as well live at the North Pole. We are leaving Cali though and are looking at South Carolina and Missouri somewhere near the Springfield/Branson area. Cali is sooo freaking jacked up by imbecilic governance...

Please leave , sooner the better bring the rest of the stupid republicans with you . So tired of hearing you bash dems , did you not follow politics pre Obama ? Do you have some magic power that makes you blind to how ****-e your party ran our country. It's going to be decades before you idiots hold office , why ? It's a party of greed , corruption , lowered ethics n morality . You know that already though don't ya ! Have fun hiding from the world in Minnesota.

Surfnsnowboard3
02-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Please leave , sooner the better bring the rest of the stupid republicans with you . So tired of hearing you bash dems , did you not follow politics pre Obama ? Do you have some magic power that makes you blind to how ****-e your party ran our country. It's going to be decades before you idiots hold office , why ? It's a party of greed , corruption , lowered ethics n morality . You know that already though don't ya ! Have fun hiding from the world in Minnesota.

Ha. Spoken like a true Democrat. You're outnumbered and outmatched on this one. You may as well waive the white flag now.

HuskerRod
02-04-2014, 12:38 PM

Hawgz......Springfield is real nice. Home of the freshwater fishing hall of fame I might add. I spend part of my summers in minnesota. Perfect place spring through fall...............winter..forget about it

Lady Quagga
02-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Ah yes indeed, the white lady returns. How was your vacation?

Vacation?

Actually, while I earned my degree in building and construction technology, I worked for a general contractor building custom homes up on the central coast. I became a master carpenter and a multi trades person. Once I returned to So Cal, I went to work for a custom home framing company and got to help build multi million dollar mansions in the Pelican Point and Pelican Hill developments. You know, the ones right up above Crystal Cove State Beach. Of course you know. We also built huge homes in the hills of Dana Point, Capo Beach, San Clemente, Laguna Niguel, Coto de Casa, etc. etc. Then housing slowed and I went into commercial construction and learned that aspect of the trades eventually joining a union and working at the Anaheim convention center and Disneyland steel stud framing and hanging rock. The next job was at Soka University in Aliso Viejo. A year later I quit the union and went to work for a general contractor as a foreman, then a superintendent. Did that for a decade then went back to housing working for the 6th largest Homebuilder in the nation where I had a nice comfy six figure compensation package. I still put my bags on from time to time and do repair work for folks though.

Anti-Steelhead ticket? Where on earth did you come up with that? And I only care about infrastructure so I can launch my boat? What kind of drugs or drink have you been partaking in? I think maybe you've possibly had too much fun & sun while you were away...

It comes as no surprise that the idiot who failed to recognize the satire when he responded to an Onion article (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?66971-Who-are-you-going-to-vote-for&p=628646#post628646), failed to recognize it here.

Nonetheless, his wordy yet unresponsive answer is worthy of your typical conservative politician. Ah, the irony.

STFU Dockrat - when I want your opinion, I'll huff on some diesel fumes to get it.

cutbait
02-04-2014, 03:30 PM

What an appropriate screen name for a mindless dem

murrieta angler
02-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Gentleman, gentleman,
Don't worry, there's plenty of water at the ocean...:Envious:
I cordialy invite you, to hit the surf with me...:Big Grin:
Robert
<><

oops!, sorry LQ, you're invited as well...:Embarrassed:

twin22s
02-04-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm all about saving the water, but how is closing the gate to fishing going to do that? maybe keeping boats off the water would save some pollution. less water + same # of boats = higher pollution rate. but I don't see how closing recreational use of our res. will help save water. as for you guys, seems some of you are beyond saving. maybe the slow fishing has gotten to us all a little bit.

praying for rain, Twin22s

noleash
02-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm all about saving the water, but how is closing the gate to fishing going to do that? maybe keeping boats off the water would save some pollution. less water + same # of boats = higher pollution rate. but I don't see how closing recreational use of our res. will help save water. as for you guys, seems some of you are beyond saving. maybe the slow fishing has gotten to us all a little bit.

praying for rain, Twin22s

No Slow Fishing going on here people!!!:Big Grin:

etucker1959
02-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Ha. Spoken like a true Democrat. You're outnumbered and outmatched on this one. You may as well waive the white flag now.

You are kidding right????????????

seal
02-04-2014, 08:06 PM
You are kidding right????????????

Etucker he was speaking based on the intelligent republican/conservative majority on this website. It's alright man, a little diversity to the FNN gene pool is ok, we accept you. We're just worried about the Quagga invasion, no good can come of it, other than clearer water and fat panfish and with any luck maybe it will be the demise of the invasive LMB's into our striper lakes.

titos334
02-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Etucker he was speaking based on the intelligent republican/conservative majority on this website. It's alright man, a little diversity to the FNN gene pool is ok, we accept you. We're just worried about the Quagga invasion, no good can come of it, other than clearer water and fat panfish and with any luck maybe it will be the demise of the invasive LMB's into our striper lakes.

Damned stocked fish interfering with the other stocked fish

HawgZWylde
02-04-2014, 08:38 PM

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:Bwahahahahaaaa:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

do you have some magic power that makes you blind to how ****-e your party ran our country

Psssst, hate to tell you this but I'm not a repub, I'm an independent. And since you said it, I'd be interested in hearing your take on exactly how those nasty repubs ran our country. Rhetoric doesn't count. Oh, and by the way, I'm not going to move to Minnesota, as I said, I don't want to live at the North pole. If you read the post, you would have known that, but in true demorat fashion, you failed to comprehend what you read...

So tired of hearing you bash dems

Suck it up pal, demorats wrote the book on that one. It's called opposition, you sound like a leftist totalitarian...

HawgZWylde
02-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Hawgz......Springfield is real nice. Home of the freshwater fishing hall of fame I might add. I spend part of my summers in minnesota. Perfect place spring through fall...............winter..forget about it

Spring, summer, and Fall, it's truly a fisherman's paradise. Smallmouth and Walleye fishing is unreal there. But I just can't stand the thought of not fishing winters, or through a little hole in the ice. I've got cousins, nieces and nephews that live in Springfield and several former bandmates live in Branson. Tablerock, Bullshoals, and Taneycomo all right there, Lake of the Ozarks a couple of hours north, and Quachita a couple of hours south. Can't get much better than that can it?

DEVOREFLYER
02-05-2014, 07:03 AM
I'm leanin' more toward my Native American roots in Oconee County, SC. Three major lakes with 1800 total miles of shoreline and teaming with Trophy Trout, Striper, Large and Smallmouth Bass, Catfish, Crappie and more. Major College football and housing prices and taxes less than half of California.

http://www.gbaproductions.com/Experience/

etucker1959
02-05-2014, 08:24 AM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:Bwahahahahaaaa:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Psssst, hate to tell you this but I'm not a repub, I'm an independent. And since you said it, I'd be interested in hearing your take on exactly how those nasty repubs ran our country. Rhetoric doesn't count. Oh, and by the way, I'm not going to move to Minnesota, as I said, I don't want to live at the North pole. If you read the post, you would have known that, but in true demorat fashion, you failed to comprehend what you read...

Suck it up pal, demorats wrote the book on that one. It's called opposition, you sound like a leftist totalitarian...

The statement you made that I'm not a Republican, but an Independent is a little misleading. To any casual reader they might interrupt that you vote for Independent party candidates. Or perhaps you vote for either a Demorat or a Republican candidate. This couldn't be farther from the truth, I'll bet every candidate you voted for in the last election was a Republican. In fact you probably voted for 90% or more candidates in your life were all Republicans. Tell me I'm wrong!!!!! So any one who only votes for Republican Candidates, but calls themselves an Independent is a little bit confusing to the average person. The average person would call you a Republican kind of guy!!!

DEVOREFLYER
02-05-2014, 08:37 AM
And the average person would call you a "Radical, Left Wing, Commie, Pinko, Hippie".:Big Grin:

I would prefer to be called a "Bitter Gun Clinger, Bible Thumper, Redneck" myself, just sayin'.:Envious:

etucker1959
02-05-2014, 09:21 AM
And the average person would call you a "Radical, Left Wing, Commie, Pinko, Hippie".:Big Grin:

I would prefer to be called a "Bitter Gun Clinger, Bible Thumper, Redneck" myself, just sayin'.:Envious:

Ha Ha Ha, I like that!!!!!!!!!!

HawgZWylde
02-05-2014, 09:41 AM
The statement you made that I'm not a Republican, but an Independent is a little misleading. To any casual reader they might interrupt that you vote for Independent party candidates. Or perhaps you vote for either a Demorat or a Republican candidate. This couldn't be farther from the truth, I'll bet every candidate you voted for in the last election was a Republican. In fact you probably voted for 90% or more candidates in your life were all Republicans. Tell me I'm wrong!!!!! So any one who only votes for Republican Candidates, but calls themselves an Independent is a little bit confusing to the average person. The average person would call you a Republican kind of guy!!!

Know something tucky, you are right, I proudly admit that I'm a "republican" kind of guy. That's exactly why I left the republican party because it no longer represented true "republicanism". It was infiltrated by too many "progressives" like you, they're called RINO's. See, I stand by the constitution and it's Bill of Rights. I stand by and believe in the "individual" freedoms and liberties that it enshrines as God given "natural rights". I stand by the type of government our founders created, a "constitution based federal republic" and not a "constitutional democracy"(social democracy or European style socialism if you will) which is taught to all California children that attend California's public schools, starting in 5th grade. I stand by and fully believe true free market capitalism devoid of Keynesian economics is the best economic engine ever created. So sad we have deviated so far from the founders ideals. I stand by and will defend America's sovereign borders unlike other "citizens of the world" that are right here on these boards. I do find it quite telling of the nature of certain individuals here that try to assassinate my character on a regular basis for my beliefs as stated above. And I can tell you right now that as long as I'm still breathing, I will stand in the way of the collective lefts attempt at "fundamentally changing" America. And as I have stated many times here on these boards, I am a constitutional conservative with some libertarian leanings. No deception there tucky. Oh and indeed I will vote independent, so long as they are not leftist nutjobs like you and a few others 'round here.

You are also right in the fact that I would NEVER vote for a current demorat because the demorat party is a coalition of various leftist socialists, communists, Greens, eco-commies, eco-nazis, leftist statists, collectivists, and "progressive liberals" which is really a hijacked and deceptive name in and of itself...

titos334
02-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Know something tucky, you are right, I proudly admit that I'm a "republican" kind of guy. That's exactly why I left the republican party because it no longer represented true "republicanism". It was infiltrated by too many "progressives" like you, they're called RINO's. See, I stand by the constitution and it's Bill of Rights. I stand by and believe in the "individual" freedoms and liberties that it enshrines as God given "natural rights". I stand by the type of government our founders created, a "constitution based federal republic" and not a "constitutional democracy"(social democracy or European style socialism if you will) which is taught to all California children that attend California's public schools, starting in 5th grade. I stand by and fully believe true free market capitalism devoid of Keynesian economics is the best economic engine ever created. So sad we have deviated so far from the founders ideals. I stand by and will defend America's sovereign borders unlike other "citizens of the world" that are right here on these boards. I do find it quite telling of the nature of certain individuals here that try to assassinate my character on a regular basis for my beliefs as stated above. And I can tell you right now that as long as I'm still breathing, I will stand in the way of the collective lefts attempt at "fundamentally changing" America. And as I have stated many times here on these boards, I am a constitutional conservative with some libertarian leanings. No deception there tucky. Oh and indeed I will vote independent, so long as they are not leftist nutjobs like you and a few others 'round here.

You are also right in the fact that I would NEVER vote for a current demorat because the demorat party is a coalition of various leftist socialists, communists, Greens, eco-commies, eco-nazis, leftist statists, collectivists, and "progressive liberals" which is really a hijacked and deceptive name in and of itself...

Hahahahahahhahaha this is golden I really like your open-minded approach here.

HuskerRod
02-05-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm leanin' more toward my Native American roots in Oconee County, SC. Three major lakes with 1800 total miles of shoreline and teaming with Trophy Trout, Striper, Large and Smallmouth Bass, Catfish, Crappie and more. Major College football and housing prices and taxes less than half of California.

http://www.gbaproductions.com/Experience/

Now that sounds like paradise. Three major lakes and major college football.....is this place called heaven???

HuskerRod
02-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Spring, summer, and Fall, it's truly a fisherman's paradise. Smallmouth and Walleye fishing is unreal there. But I just can't stand the thought of not fishing winters, or through a little hole in the ice. I've got cousins, nieces and nephews that live in Springfield and several former bandmates live in Branson. Tablerock, Bullshoals, and Taneycomo all right there, Lake of the Ozarks a couple of hours north, and Quachita a couple of hours south. Can't get much better than that can it?

Table rock is the best lake I ever fished. Taneycomo.... bring on the trout. Bull Shoals is awesome from what I hear. Lake of the Ozarks,,,party time. Truman.................yes. And not to mention all the other lakes a little off the beaten path that the locals know about. All those fishing opportunites......when would a guy do yard work????

etucker1959
02-05-2014, 01:21 PM

Quick question, Have you ever voted for a candidate from a independentant party???

Daleela
02-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Sorry trollmiester but you foul hooked a big ole train wreck.

HuskerRod
02-06-2014, 08:43 AM
This post could go on forever...........fishing, politics, DVL

etucker1959
02-06-2014, 08:51 AM
This post could go on forever...........fishing, politics, DVL

Yes it could!!!! Anyone notice how many views so far, over 8,000.

TroutOnly
02-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Only cause theres no hardcor around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HawgZWylde
02-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Table rock is the best lake I ever fished. Taneycomo.... bring on the trout. Bull Shoals is awesome from what I hear. Lake of the Ozarks,,,party time. Truman.................yes. And not to mention all the other lakes a little off the beaten path that the locals know about. All those fishing opportunites......when would a guy do yard work????

Lol, Saturdays and Sundays. I do my best to avoid the weekend crowds. Or do what any responsible parent with two grown boys would do, DELEGATE! Lol. There's definitely water everywhere in Missouri. I grew up going there, my paternal grandparents, aunts, and uncles are all buried there. My parents moved to Minnesota 7 years ago and my wife's entire family live around Twin Cities. Think there's much fishing in my future? lol. And if Dev goes to S.C., well I'll just say our wives are gonna miss us, lol...

Fishin4runner
02-06-2014, 07:31 PM

You ain't kidding. The best fishing I ever experienced was in Missouri. My family owns 60 acres in Collins Mo. You can leave the house in any direction and hit an awesome lake. Stockton, lake of the Ozarks, and Pomme de terra are all great lakes to fish. But the best part of Missouri is if you are a land owner the state sends you free deer tags (Buck and Doe) and if you have a pond on your property the state will stock it for free. Truly a great state. Imagine what California would do if you asked for a free deer tag or come stock our private pond?

fisherman951
02-06-2014, 09:44 PM
info on DVL click on link
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=9422829

HuskerRod
02-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Only cause theres no hardcor around,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I miss hardcore

HuskerRod
02-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Lol, Saturdays and Sundays. I do my best to avoid the weekend crowds. Or do what any responsible parent with two grown boys would do, DELEGATE! Lol. There's definitely water everywhere in Missouri. I grew up going there, my paternal grandparents, aunts, and uncles are all buried there. My parents moved to Minnesota 7 years ago and my wife's entire family live around Twin Cities. Think there's much fishing in my future? lol. And if Dev goes to S.C., well I'll just say our wives are gonna miss us, lol...

The only problem with fishing in places like Missouri, south Carolina, and minnesota is what happened to me last summer. The fishing was so surreal. The lakes so natural and peaceful. The people so friendly...............I can hardly stand fishing in California anymore My last evening on the water after dinner for a few hours was three walleye, 19 bass, a couple crappie, to many pike to count, a few perch.

DEVOREFLYER
02-07-2014, 09:19 AM
The only problem with fishing in places like Missouri, south Carolina, and minnesota is what happened to me last summer. The fishing was so surreal. The lakes so natural and peaceful. The people so friendly...............I can hardly stand fishing in California anymore My last evening on the water after dinner for a few hours was three walleye, 19 bass, a couple crappie, to many pike to count, a few perch.

You left out the lack of crowds and no admission or launch fees.:EyePop:

Oh I forgot Ethanol free gas for your boat and a buck a gallon cheaper than Commifornia.

Stormcrow
02-07-2014, 09:22 AM

From a Darwinian standpoint, you should probably never breed....

DEVOREFLYER
02-07-2014, 09:35 AM
From a Darwinian standpoint, you should probably never breed....

With 0bumerCare his soul mate will get free birth control and abortions. Nothing to worry about in a few generations they will become extinct.

Pete Marino
02-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Why you guys even talk politics on a fishing forum is beyond me?... Can we just stick to fishing around here....FISHING NETWORK .NET... FISHING!!!!!!

Pete

noleash
02-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Why you guys even talk politics on a fishing forum is beyond me?... Can we just stick to fishing around here....FISHING NETWORK .NET... FISHING!!!!!!

Pete
9206 views and I only saw nine boats on the water today and maybe 60 or so boats for the whole week!
Keep playing with yourself guys and leave the fishing to the few the proud and the Drama Less!:Big Grin:

etucker1959
02-07-2014, 05:28 PM
With 0bumerCare his soul mate will get free birth control and abortions. Nothing to worry about in a few generations they will become extinct.

You know people are talking about you!!!!!!!! lol

HawgZWylde
02-07-2014, 07:47 PM

Pete

This thread belongs in the freshwater general discussion section. I can see why Trolly posted it here since what he saw was specific to DVL. But since it is not a fishing report, it shouldn't be here.

With that being said and sincerely with all due respect, politics and more specifically some politicians, their allies, and government agencies (EPA) with their agendas, mandates, regulations, fees, and taxes have an absolute profound effect on our rights to fish, hunt, and outdoor recreate. A fishing forum is actually the ideal place to discuss any politics which might have an adverse effect on our rights to fish, the same could be said for hunting forums, off-road forums etc. etc. Hunters, anglers, and outdoor recreationists are fighting a never ending battle to keep our rights intact, and access to land and water open. In my opinion it would be irresponsible of us not to discuss such matters that greatly affect all of us, especially when it involves access to water and fishing it...

HawgZWylde
02-07-2014, 07:51 PM
9206 views and I only saw nine boats on the water today and maybe 60 or so boats for the whole week!
Keep playing with yourself guys and leave the fishing to the few the proud and the Drama Less!:Big Grin:

noleash, it's not drama, it's reality. Sadly some have a propensity to turn it into drama. If we turn our backs and ignore it, we'll lose it. Far too many folks want nothing to do with politics, yet politics greatly affects all of our lives...

HawgZWylde
02-07-2014, 08:02 PM
You know people are talking about you!!!!!!!! lol

You know the last time I heard someone say something like what you just did was back in 6th grade when I overheard the two girls sitting in front of me yakking during class. They were also the two most well know drama queens in our school. Just sayin tucky...

TroutOnly
02-07-2014, 08:08 PM
You're right Pete the general disusion section is were this thread belongs and trolley needs to be repermanded for putting this in the report section or the mod needs to do his job and ride herd on the yahoos posting stuff in the wrong sections

noleash
02-07-2014, 09:00 PM
noleash, it's not drama, it's reality. Sadly some have a propensity to turn it into drama. If we turn our backs and ignore it, we'll lose it. Far too many folks want nothing to do with politics, yet politics greatly affects all of our lives...
Well said Sir! Its nice to see that you supersede the crap people say on this forum and make it a point to set aside time each week to actually fish the lake! Anyone who has hade the pleasure to met you would know never to bad mouth you or you opinions as you seemed to be a really laid back guy who seems to always have a positive dearmeaner.....check spell.....!:Big Grin:

cutbait
02-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Well said Sir! Its nice to see that you supersede the crap people say on this forum and make it a point to set aside time each week to actually fish the lake! Anyone who has hade the pleasure to met you would know never to bad mouth you or you opinions as you seemed to be a really laid back guy who seems to always have a positive dearmeaner.....check spell.....!:Big Grin:

Oh I bad mouth HAwgzy all the time. From forgetting how to bring a spinning outfit for bait downs to being a closet lib

HawgZWylde
02-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Oh I bad mouth HAwgzy all the time. From forgetting how to bring a spinning outfit for bait downs to being a closet lib

Lol, I was wondering when I'd get hit with that. I honestly didn't think I'd be B/W for Sardine sized Linesides. Haha, it was interesting to say the least chucking split shotted chunks of dines on a B/C rig with 12lb fluoro but at least it worked and I beat the skunk. And if it wasn't for you Dev and I would have been driving home in our skunk suits.

A closet lib? Shhh, you'll get tucky all excited dude...

TroutOnly
02-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Hawgzy carp boy are you and l/q one in the same you both talk the same.......

HawgZWylde
02-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Hawgzy carp boy are you and l/q one in the same you both talk the same.......

Lol, oh come on Bob, you can't be serious. I'll cop to being a hopeless UGC chaser but me being L/Q's alter ego?

etucker1959
02-08-2014, 04:20 PM
You know the last time I heard someone say something like what you just did was back in 6th grade when I overheard the two girls sitting in front of me yakking during class. They were also the two most well know drama queens in our school. Just sayin tucky...

I can't believe you responded to my little comment!!!! I really expected Dev to come back with a little insult and we would all get a laugh from it. Well since you did respond and because you are one of the worst culprits of spreading your right wing rhetoric when ever you can. I have a little solution to Pete's request. This is right out of the Conservative playbook so you should be very familiar with the Concept. Since I am the last lefty still standing, I fell I can negotiate with a clear conscience on their behalf. Let's TAKE A PLEDGE not to speak about our political feelings or other distractions on ANY FISHING THREADS. We will leave that to the General discussion section only. Well HawgZWylde, are you willing to take THE PLEDGE or are you willing to disappoint Pete's request.

TroutOnly
02-08-2014, 07:31 PM
No not you pat, carpboy talks just like her,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

bassmeister
02-08-2014, 07:49 PM
I can't wait till this thread hits 10K. Thanks dad for starting this LOL.

Surfnsnowboard3
02-08-2014, 08:29 PM
This thread belongs in the freshwater general discussion section. I can see why Trolly posted it here since what he saw was specific to DVL. But since it is not a fishing report, it shouldn't be here.

With that being said and sincerely with all due respect, politics and more specifically some politicians, their allies, and government agencies (EPA) with their agendas, mandates, regulations, fees, and taxes have an absolute profound effect on our rights to fish, hunt, and outdoor recreate. A fishing forum is actually the ideal place to discuss any politics which might have an adverse effect on our rights to fish, the same could be said for hunting forums, off-road forums etc. etc. Hunters, anglers, and outdoor recreationists are fighting a never ending battle to keep our rights intact, and access to land and water open. In my opinion it would be irresponsible of us not to discuss such matters that greatly affect all of us, especially when it involves access to water and fishing it...

I agree with what you say IF that's how the political debate goes. But the past 11 pages of political crap is personal and BS. Very little , if any , has anything to do with fishing. This thread is pointless and over.

HawgZWylde
02-08-2014, 08:55 PM
I can't wait till this thread hits 10K. Thanks dad for starting this LOL.

Trolly's your dad? Lol, boy did he get one going eh?

HawgZWylde
02-08-2014, 09:02 PM
I agree with what you say IF that's how the political debate goes. But the past 11 pages of political crap is personal and BS. Very little , if any , has anything to do with fishing. This thread is pointless and over.

Agreed. There seems to be a small group here that have a propensity to threadjack on a fairly regular basis. Like I said this thread should be moved. There are new developments regarding legislation passed by the House that could, if approved by the senate and signed by POTUS, relax some rules and get some water delivered to farmers and so cal...

bassmeister
02-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Trolly's your dad? Lol, boy did he get one going eh?
Yeah rumor has it I was conceived at one of the full moon madness nights. Either at Rocky Point Or the Red Clay Cliffs.

TroutOnly
02-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Trolly told me b/j cove,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

HawgZWylde
02-08-2014, 09:23 PM
No not you pat, carpboy talks just like her,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

Haha, had me worried for a minute there Bob...

HawgZWylde
02-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Yeah rumor has it I was conceived at one of the full moon madness nights. Either at Rocky Point Or the Red Clay Cliffs.

Lol, well talk about literally being born into the sport. Doesn't get any closer than that. You know that reminds me of a day we were fishing just to the east of the Eucalyptus trees at DVL when the lake was at full pool and a pontoon boat pulled up into the small cove on the west side and buried the toon into the trees, the dude and chick then proceeded to, uh well let's just say she was singing to her hearts content, loudly...

Daleela
02-08-2014, 09:35 PM

Bigger and more popular fishing forum sites have died ugly deaths over these extremist L/R "political debates". Useless, dangerous, and damaging, they don't belong anywhere other than political forums. Wanting an area for this stuff is also misguided. It's like going into a restaurant and insisting there be an ahole section.

cutbait
02-09-2014, 06:38 AM
I find it ironic that it's been 2 plus pages back since a political argument was made, yet those last two plus pages are full of self righteous types blasting "drama", politics" and wanting the thread to "die".

Here's a thought? Stop posting on it and bringing it back and shut up about your opinion if all your opinion is trying to tell someone else to keep their opinion to themselves.

Hypocrisy is thick on this thread

HawgZWylde
02-09-2014, 07:36 AM
The US House of Reps has passed the bill I spoke of earlier in this thread prior to it getting threadjacked;

U.S. House passes Republican-backed California water plan

(Reuters) - The Republican-led House of Representatives on Wednesday passed a bill that would roll back federal rules to provide more water for farmers and municipalities in California's Central Valley as the state copes with its worst drought in decades.

Backers said the legislation would provide drought relief by permitting federal and state authorities to pump more water out the San Joaquin-Sacramento River Delta.

Opponents, including California's Democratic lawmakers, have termed the bill a water grab that would circumvent state law, pit water users against each other and roll back environmental protections.

"This is the greatest intrusion into state water rights that we've seen in this legislature," said Representative George Miller, a Democrat whose California district includes the cities of Concord and Richmond, east of San Francisco.

The measure passed the House by 229 to 191, largely on Republican votes, and is expected to be dead on arrival in the Democrat-led Senate.

The Obama administration on Wednesday threatened to veto the bill. In a statement of policy, White House said the bill would not alleviate the effects of California's drought but instead disrupt decades of work done to address water challenges in the most populous U.S. state.

Besides undermining collaboration between various stakeholders to continue a sound water quality control plan, the bill would preempt California law, the White House said.

A similar measure passed the House in 2012 and also failed to advance in the Senate.

Republicans have blamed water shortages in California's Central Valley on government policies that have required officials to keep a certain amount of water flowing through the delta to protect fish.

The Central Valley region is one of the top agricultural areas in the No. 1 U.S. farm state. California produces about half the nation's fruits and vegetables and is an important grower of cotton and rice, among others crops.

Farmers facing cutbacks in irrigation water are expected to idle some 500,000 acres of cropland this year, Reuters reported on Wednesday.

The record breaking dry spell that has sapped the state's fresh water reservoirs further exacerbated "man-made" water problems, according to Republican lawmakers.

"We can't make it rain, but we can stop this lunacy," Representative Tom McClintock, a California Republican backing the bill, said during the House debate on the legislation.

Federal rules ease restrictions on pumping of water during wet years, but during times of drought, little pumping is allowed. No pumping is expected to be allowed this year, unless the state receives a deluge of rain.

Critics of the Republican measure said that it would not alleviate water shortages because drought conditions, and not government policies, have simply left the state without enough water to meet its needs.

"It is a water grab," said Representative John Garamendi, a California Democrat. "It does not create one gallon of water. It simply takes what water is available, and takes it from someone, and gives it to someone else."

California Governor Jerry Brown, who declared a drought emergency last month, has criticized the bill, which he said would override state laws and protections.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/06/us-california-drought-congress-idUSBREA141UM20140206

And the usual suspects are opposing it...

Daleela
02-09-2014, 07:43 AM
I find it ironic that it's been 2 plus pages back since a political argument was made, yet those last two plus pages are full of self righteous types blasting "drama", politics" and wanting the thread to "die".

Here's a thought? Stop posting on it and bringing it back and shut up about your opinion if all your opinion is trying to tell someone else to keep their opinion to themselves.

Oh really, well I find that the most ironic, dramatic and hypocritical thing you have said yet. That's cool though because you can fish your a** off too well which is also ironic.

Also ironic is it's only February and raining cats and dogs up North as we type and whine.

Double A
02-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Ironic ? Ironic ?!?!
Ironic is people who don't contribute fishing reports,
Complaining about political threads clogging up the report sections.
Tired of reading all of these political opinions ? Are they boring you ? Or just wasting your time as you skim over the reports put up by OTHERS ?
Maybe put a report, which just may give people something else to talk about.

Skinny
02-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Doesnt whats left of the constitution still say you can voice your opinion? I remember them calling it free speech or something like that. Now the constitution is more of a suggestion. You know, you have your rights as given by the constitution but you can only exercise those rights if it doesn't offend anyone or the re re polititions give you the thumbs up to do so. Anyway i will be out there flying the american flag on the water for Lincolns birthday. He would be throwing up in his beer if he knew how this country is now ran.
Went out monday and got two on a Folkstad special and a couple more on a 3/8 oz PB&J football jig. All fish were caught in 25-40 FOW. See you guys out there Wednesday,

Surfnsnowboard3
02-09-2014, 05:47 PM

You need to seriously rethink your reasoning. You are doing exactly what your post is about.

cutbait
02-09-2014, 06:15 PM
You need to seriously rethink your reasoning. You are doing exactly what your post is about.

Your deranged.... this has been established previously

HawgZWylde
02-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Bigger and more popular fishing forum sites have died ugly deaths over these extremist L/R "political debates". Useless, dangerous, and damaging, they don't belong anywhere other than political forums. Wanting an area for this stuff is also misguided. It's like going into a restaurant and insisting there be an ahole section.

Haha, well I guess you struck a nerve because now this thread is stickied on the home page of FNN along with another thread that involves lawsuits and politics. Good for them because everything the government, politicians, and eco-commies do directly affects every one of us.To ignore them by putting your head in the sand will only allow them to walk all over you. And as for this being a fishing forum? This is as grassroots as it gets...

Surfnsnowboard3
02-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Your deranged.... this has been established previously

Great, articulate comeback.

cutbait
02-10-2014, 05:18 AM
Great, articulate comeback.

Well look who I am dealing with? My comebacks have to be on a third grade level for fear of going over "someone's" head

etucker1959
02-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Haha, well I guess you struck a nerve because now this thread is stickied on the home page of FNN along with another thread that involves lawsuits and politics. Good for them because everything the government, politicians, and eco-commies do directly affects every one of us.To ignore them by putting your head in the sand will only allow them to walk all over you. And as for this being a fishing forum? This is as grassroots as it gets...

Well I guess we FINALLY got our answer to that age old question here on FNN. Should political opinions be left out of fishing threads or NOT???????? The Left offered a CEASE FIRE on the subject and that was soundly REJECTED BY THE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HuskerRod
02-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Im still curious whether or not DVL is closing or staying open

cutbait
Well I guess we FINALLY got our answer to that age old question here on FNN. Should political opinions be left out of fishing threads or NOT???????? The Left offered a CEASE FIRE on the subject and that was soundly REJECTED BY THE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is everyone trying to limit what anyother poster wants to post? Who gives a rats *** if this thread reaches 50,000 posts.

Who gives a rats *** if a political comment is made? Why are the lurkers who never post a report so bent out of shape a political comment is made?

HuskerRod
Im still curious whether or not DVL is closing or staying open....and if it is closing who do I blame......democrats, republicans, independents, or trollmeister

HawgZWylde
02-10-2014, 08:38 AM
....and if it is closing who do I blame......democrats, republicans, independents, or trollmeister

DVL isn't going to close. Sure, the launch ramp will probably get left high and dry like the last drawdown caused, but shore fishing and rentals will remain. Blame the lack of rain first, then blame the unwillingness of our politicians to stand up to extreme environmentalists for severely curtailing Delta water transfers and not allowing more water storage reservoirs to be built. And again, blame the eco-nuts for not allowing more gas or other clean burning power generation plants to be built so we don't have to keep the spigots open to generate hydro-power. Especially since the San Onofre nuke plant was closed. Lol, then for the fun of it, let's blame Trolly...

HawgZWylde
02-10-2014, 09:01 AM

Hmmm, funny how when the left gets backed into a corner, they always call for a cease fire only to continue their ways covertly. A cease fire only prolongs and exacerbates the problems and pushes it to another day. As for this particular threads subject, the consequences of inaction are in plain view, we may or may not escape it again this time, but it should open some eyes to the fact that this state is woefully unprepared...

TroutOnly
02-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Rod its cause of trolly it takes so much water to wash off his big ole fat belly and *** ,,,,,lol,,,,,,,if you were watching the water line while he showers you would see the water line go down ,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

etucker1959
02-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Hmmm, funny how when the left gets backed into a corner, they always call for a cease fire only to continue their ways covertly. A cease fire only prolongs and exacerbates the problems and pushes it to another day. As for this particular threads subject, the consequences of inaction are in plain view, we may or may not escape it again this time, but it should open some eyes to the fact that this state is woefully unprepared...

You know HawgZWylde, I joined FNN to talk about fishing and to make some new friends. So I'm not here to whizz anybody off. I offered a CEASE FIRE ON FISHING THREADS ONLY!!!!!!! In the General Discussion area, I look forward to out witting you on a daily basis. On this particular subject, I think I just CHECKED MATED YOU!!!!!!! From now on, if a fishing thread ever gets THREAD JACKED in to a political discussion and the audience complains about it. I can simple point to you and lay ALL THE BLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

HawgZWylde
02-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Rod its cause of trolly it takes so much water to wash off his big ole fat belly and *** ,,,,,lol,,,,,,,if you were watching the water line while he showers you would see the water line go down ,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

Lol, ouch! Is he one of those folks who easily blows through a 50 gallon water heater tank full of water that leaves the next in line with cold only? Lol...

HawgZWylde
02-10-2014, 10:09 AM
You know HawgZWylde, I joined FNN to talk about fishing and to make some new friends. So I'm not here to whizz anybody off. I offered a CEASE FIRE ON FISHING THREADS ONLY!!!!!!! In the General Discussion area, I look forward to out witting you on a daily basis. On this particular subject, I think I just CHECKED MATED YOU!!!!!!! From now on, if a fishing thread ever gets THREAD JACKED in to a political discussion and the audience complains about it. I can simple point to you and lay ALL THE BLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

ROTFLMAO!!!

You checkmated me? Lol, tucky are you already hitt'n the Bloody Mary's? And as far as this thread is concerned, it wasn't thread jacked by me or any other "conservative". It was thread jacked by the usual suspects and anyone can go back and confirm that. But this isn't even a "fishing" thread so I don't get why it hasn't been moved, but I definitely see why it's linked on the homepage now...

HuskerRod
02-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Lol, ouch! Is he one of those folks who easily blows through a 50 gallon water heater tank full of water that leaves the next in line with cold only? Lol...

It would be my wife that does that leaving me rinsing off with a garden hose in the backyard in water cold enough to leave a trout shivering.

HBAR
02-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Seal it's to late to take back the state, but we still got time to take back the country. Looking for a few good men?

I can be loaded up (magazine wise) in a matter of mins, where should we start?

Semper Fi!

HuskerRod
02-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Semper Fi!

Make sure that is not more then a 10-round magazine, mister. Got to be California compliant..heheheheheheh

TroutOnly
02-10-2014, 03:43 PM
H/z/w it takes 500 gallons just to wash off the front half of him,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

DEVOREFLYER
02-10-2014, 04:09 PM

Semper Fi!

This comment has been deleted by the NSA

Daleela
02-10-2014, 05:56 PM
This place is clearly WAY too tame for the likes of the REALLY scary folk. My point made, don't bait them in or the whole of FNN will be begging for mercy, lol.

HawgZWylde
02-10-2014, 08:04 PM
H/z/w it takes 500 gallons just to wash off the front half of him,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dayum, better hope for rain or he'll have those reservoirs drawn down in no time lol...

HawgZWylde
02-12-2014, 12:00 PM
I had a nice chat with the DVL folks yesterday and they reiterated that DVL will not close. The launch ramp will if no water is pumped in but shore fishing AND rentals will be available. As for the ramp itself, it still has a little over 150 lateral ft left before it ends, or roughly another 40-50ft of water over it so it will be sometime before that closes, if it does...

HuskerRod
02-12-2014, 01:17 PM
thanks for the heads up, Hawgz. I couldnt imagine the lake losing another 50 feet, but you never know.

DEVOREFLYER
02-12-2014, 02:14 PM
thanks for the heads up, Hawgz. I couldnt imagine the lake losing another 50 feet, but you never know.

It has been that low or lower before.

http://i.imgur.com/0yKXCoI.jpg

fishincrave
02-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Trolly do you see what caused a flamed up thread ,even the quagga jumped up off her rock shes sitting on and quit sucking for a moment so she could spout some stuff in the report section instead sitting on the rock of the general discusion ,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,im going to slap you chris at fred hall you old trouble making -boz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,
LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ boz didn't you know it's MR boz to you TO

Sean