PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Shore Report 1-27-2014

sevenout
01-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Being a bass guy 'jonesing" for some fishing action, I finally found a Monday to fish without those angler menacing Santa Ana's making their presence known. So my buddy and I hit up Irvine and go basic by leaving my boat at home and just do some shore fishing. Arrived at 0630, drove to a spot on the "Famed West Shore". Amazed to see the shrinkage! Lake looked more like a gravel pit than what I have been used to seeing. Had all of the artilliary out (PB/NC/ powermouse), casted short, medium and far and adjusted leader lengths, but it was to no avail. My partner did hook up 2 pounder but "operator error" allowed the fish to swim free courtesy of a bad hook tie. That was it! Nothing else. No taps, hits or ghost strikes. Even the Comorants were coming up empty. A couple of other groups fishing closer to the original boat ramp scratched out one or two, but overall, a pretty dismal day from what I saw and experienced. I guess I'll go back to my local lake (Prado), where I know I won't catch any trout, but at least it's much closer and cheaper. Can't wait for the spawn to start!

hookerz
01-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Shoulda brought that boat. The big fish are there, lots of them. :Secret:

luckyjr21
01-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Shoulda brought that boat. The big fish are there, lots of them. :Secret:

Very much agree , should of brought your boat , I won't go to irvine with out my tube

5150fishn
01-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear you had a rough day. It happens to all of us. Next time the bite is that slow at the west shore take a short drive over to the flats. One spot may not produce but the next could be the hot spot. Don't stay to long in one location if the bite is off. At least you got to enjoy the outdoors with your bro! Better luck next time.