PDA

View Full Version : 1/26 short trip

P.A.W.
01-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Man, the line was looong this morning. Got there about 5:50 and there were about 20 boats ahead of me. Got on the water almost 6:45 and went east along with the other 20 boats! Geez! I turned around and went elsewhere. Good thing because I hooked up a nice 7lb across from the marina. Then headed west along the north shore. Slow cruising with the rig hanging on the left side of the boat I decided to throw a swimbait near shore. Never saw the fish but he was there.... bam! Got him about half way to the boat when my trolling rod went off too. Finally got the big guy in (5-6 pounder) and grabbed the trolling rod. Got him almost to the boat where he came unstuck. Dang! Well, anyway the bite died again around 7:45 partly due to the crowded east end. I know it's a public water but you can imagine 20 boats crowded in that small area.

Water is up a tad and still 51*-54*

ddoskocil
01-27-2014, 11:38 AM
I wish I could've been there to help! When I saw the overcast morning, I knew you would be at it. All went well with the surgery, be back maybe next weekend. Good luck and thanks for the update!

ddoskocil
01-29-2014, 12:59 PM
I see cooler weather and clouds coming in......................

P.A.W.
01-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Yep. That could bring them stripers up or drive them shad deep. Too bad I can't be there this weekend to find out. I do, however have sources prowling the lake letting me know what's up. ;)