PDA

View Full Version : Kids Co-Op slated for February 22nd

vineline
01-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Good day FNN:

Irvine Lake is teaming up with hhitsOn for a very special kids event.
This is an event that HittsOn has been asking me to do and working on for a very long time and its finally happening!

HittsOn wanted very much to do a kids Co Op event where everybody got together to have a special day of fishing
for kids 12 years and under in our Lagoon.

Unfortunately due to our water levels, the lagoon may not be as ideal for the event as it normally would. So I am teaming
up with HittsOn to put on the very first Kids Co-Op Trout Tournament on the main lake.

This is a real tournament, where kids 10 yrs of age to 16 yrs of age can test their skills against against each other for trophy's.
The tournament is free to all kids with their paid admission. (All kids must be accompanied by an adult and all normal gate fees will apply)

We will also have the catch out pond openfor kids 4 to 9 years of age for learning.
HittsOn will be bringing in some sponsor/volunteers to help the kids learn how to fish.
All kids will be allowed to compete on the main lake with their parents.
(Child Division 4 to 9 yrs ) We will have special Olympian neck ribbons for the kid that catches the Largest trout, smallest trout and most colorful trout out on the lake.

As an added bonus:
Kids love to win an envelope full of money just like the adults, so as an added bonus there will be an (optional) $5 Blind Bogie buy-in
with an extra $100 donated by Irvine Lake! 10 kids will walk away with an envelope full of money and in each envelope there will be a complimentary $10 bill from Irvine Lake.

There will also be a huge raffle for the kids. HittsOn has done a terrific job gathering up some great sponsors and fishing clubs for the kids raffle. Jimmy and I will also bring in Berkley, Daiwa, Bite On and a few others to add to the many great prizes that are already coming in for the kids.

I want to thank HittsOn for his devotion to this very special event and to all the participating sponsors.
If you would like to be included as a sponsor, please contact me at: 714)649-9111 X310 or contact HittsOn.

Hope to see all of you young anglers for this great tournament!!!
Vineline

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Irvine_Lake/CoOplarge_zps47b73589.jpg (http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/Irvine_Lake/media/CoOplarge_zps47b73589.jpg.html)

troutdog
01-24-2014, 12:03 PM
This is going to be a great day for the kids, see you there!

TD

manuel149
01-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Why only 10 yrs of age to 16 yr? Please lower it to 5 or 6 year old minimum. My lil one was already exited for this one. She likes to compete for trophies. We won't miss this event.

Hitts0n
01-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Oh yeah teams from all over So-Cal will mount up for this event and help make future fisherman to replace us as we all get older !
Instead of all the adults sitting back telling the tales of whoppers....after this day the kids will 0wn and tell their storys of the truth !
Lol lets all have some fun folks ! Get the camera's ready,smart phones and disposables !! This will be an event for the books !

Hitts

vineline
01-29-2014, 08:50 AM
I wanted to reply to this post because we have made some adjustments and I need to answer a few questions that have come up.

Kids 4 to 9 yrs of age will be allowed to compete on the main lake with parental supervision for the Olympian Ribbon.
They will also be allowed to participate in the Blind bogie.
Catch out Pond fish will not count for weigh in.
All parents will have to pay the gate fee.
Do not drop off your kids.

The Junior Division 10 to 16 yrs of age will be expected to catch their own fish. (No Hook and hand off) And they will be expected to follow all regular tournament rules.
Kids division (4 to 9 yrs) must also reel in their own fish (with some assistance allowed) That does not mean you can catch a fish for your child and give it to them to weigh in.
The child in the tournament has to actively participate in the catching of the fish. (I'm sure you all know that but in case you don't there it is.)
If you have any further questions please post it and I will answer you as quickly as possible.

Vineline

DynoDan
02-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Is there enough water on the kids lagoon to put fish in there or should we plan on fishing the big lake?