PDA

View Full Version : Newport 1/22 evening session

The_Dude
01-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Headed out to Newport after work yesterday and figured I would hit the outgoing tide to see what I could get. The weather in my area of the county was great, lots of sun, warm temps so figured great conditions. WRONG. Just get off the 55 fwy and notice a huge marine layer coming in with fog. Looked at my buddy and informed him that this could be interesting.

Got to the spot and rigged up. Noticed that the water was extremely dirty and a lot of seaweed in the surf and on the beach. Wind had also started to pick up. Threw on a camo worm and got at it. The surf was tough, had outgoing waves hitting incoming waves, waves switching directions at a moments notice oh and did I mention the wind and fog. At one point I wasn't even able to see more than 30 ft in any direction of me.

Walked the beach for about an hour with the camo worm for a couple of short bites but no catches. Switched over to the LC in hopes of maybe the big boys hanging around. Threw that for another hour for nothing. Finally the weather and surf conditions got the best of me so I packed up and headed home.

Although nothing caught, any time I can get out on the sand, watching the waves, the dolphins and nature its always a good day for me.

Fishing isn't always about catching fish, sometimes its just about being out in nature.

skunked4life
01-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Glad to hear that you are sticking with it over there. Enjoy your time of peace and quiet because when that place goes off, it goes off! BSP, YFC and a few butts to boot! Good luck!

Skunked4life

The_Dude
01-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Glad to hear that you are sticking with it over there. Enjoy your time of peace and quiet because when that place goes off, it goes off! BSP, YFC and a few butts to boot! Good luck!

Skunked4life

Thanks bud, since I know that area holds fish, I like to use it as my week day trips. Gonna hit up the Bolsa Chica/Huntington area this weekend for the morning high tide.

Nipple Twister
01-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Thanks bud, since I know that area holds fish, I like to use it as my week day trips. Gonna hit up the Bolsa Chica/Huntington area this weekend for the morning high tide.

Good to see you hittin it, keep at it and it will pay off! ........'bout this weekend @ Huntington, might wanna check the surf report, last I looked it was gonna be HUGE!!!!

Happy Hunting and will wait your report........ :Thumbs Up:

bachiboy
01-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Although nothing caught, any time I can get out on the sand, watching the waves, the dolphins and nature its always a good day for me.

Fishing isn't always about catching fish, sometimes its just about being out in nature.

EXACTLY!:Wink: Sometimes we all forget that in the hunt. Keep at it. Once these waves subside, there should be some nice holes and trenches around to hold fish...then it's game on!

Don