PDA

View Full Version : Seal beach pier late post 1/20

Vies
01-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Hit the pier up around 12 noon and asked around throughout the day until 5pm to see if anyone caught anything... And Everyone on the pier did not catch at thing!!
it was a nice day but a bit windy....

Baits used:

shrimp
anchovies
squid
mussel

i joined them getting skunked again!.. well its the beginning of the year and I got plenty of time to catch!

Until next time....

Happy fishing!

bachiboy
01-23-2014, 12:08 AM
Good way to look at it! Year's still young and lots of time left to get out there and score. Keep at it and you'll get yours soon enough.:Wink:

Don

Nuoc Mam
01-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Haven't fished that pier for some time now but when I did, I usually fish close to shore with mussels or ghost shrimp for bean, YFC, SFC.

I usually fish the incoming or outgoing tide in the evening for better results. Morning or afternoon hours, I tend to fish the end of the pier for mackerel, sardines.

Good luck to you out there and yes, the year is still young, go out and get them fishes.

skunked4life
01-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Well you got out there, that's what counts. Take the leftover bait, unless you bought them at the tackleshop, and make some cioppino! Bon apetite!

Skunked4life

TUNAVIC
01-23-2014, 09:47 AM
I walked that pier Friday with the wife and it was really nice,no wind,warm,and the water was really clear,we could see the cormorants diving and see them about 10ft down before they would disappear,nice day but didn't see anyone catching any thing,there was about 15 pier fisherman.

Cya TUNAVIC