PDA

View Full Version : Antivirus Software ?

old pudd fisher
01-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Well what do ya think about it. I paid for a year of Mcafee for my home desk top PC and really don't like it very much. Any suggestions....

Master Baiter1
01-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Microsoft Security Essentials is free and works well. Also download free Malwarebytes Anti Malware. It's all you need and free. Key is to keep them updated and do regular scans.

DEVOREFLYER
01-20-2014, 07:37 PM
AVG free for me. Used it for many years and love it.

Stinkbait
01-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Second on AVG-free. They hit you up for a pay version once in a while but just ignore. They don't stop your updates either.

DockRat
01-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Once you go Mac, you never look back.

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af205/nhom_regedit/MACBOOK.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/nhom_regedit/media/MACBOOK.jpg.html)

reservoir dog
01-21-2014, 08:23 AM
Once you go Mac, you never look back.

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af205/nhom_regedit/MACBOOK.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/nhom_regedit/media/MACBOOK.jpg.html)

:Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up:

DarkShadow
01-21-2014, 08:55 AM
:Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up:

x 2.

OSX rocks.

Stormcrow
01-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Download Avast (AVG)...best you can possibly get and 100% absolutely free. That is what the Cal State system uses.

old pudd fisher
01-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Thanks guys all of your suggestions were very helpful.

DockRat
01-21-2014, 09:23 PM
After 5 desktop PC's, constant problems (usually after a few months) my daughter gave me her 6 year old Macbook that has never failed. 2 years on the old 13" laptop I bought a 2 year old Macbook Pro, the student I got it from bought a new Macbook Retna. This brainiac student brought it over, wiped it clean and installed the latest Mavericks operating system.

This thing is a Ferrari, paid $1000 off Craigslist, love it. Same as the one in the prior pic.
DR

old pudd fisher
01-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks DR I love my 2 year old Lenovo its been my best so far. Been thinking about getting a laptop also but don't know if I want a Mac system, that all new to me. Just a simple PC guy and use windows 7.

TUNAVIC
01-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Had Norton in the beginning,then switched to AVG,and like the latter much more,and it's free!

Cya TUNAVIC

City Dad
01-22-2014, 12:04 PM
I always treat viral infections by rinsing out my tower with a big dose of isopropyl alcohol. I'm on my twenty-ninth HP unit and it works every time!

or get into mac.

DarkShadow
01-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks DR I love my 2 year old Lenovo its been my best so far. Been thinking about getting a laptop also but don't know if I want a Mac system, that all new to me. Just a simple PC guy and use windows 7.

OPF,

Microsoft's latest operating systems were designed to mimic the user friendly interface that the Mac operating system provides.

My dad used an IBM laptop for ages, and every week, it was, "can you come over to see what the problem is?"

I got him a Mac, and now he's using his computer, instead of fixing his computer so it can be used.

The transition from PC to Mac is seamless. If you want to rid yourself of the headaches, get yourself a Mac. Been using Macs since 1990. Haven't looked back.

old pudd fisher
01-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks DS.. Will look into a Mac if I get a new laptop.43294

DarkShadow
01-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Thanks DS.. Will look into a Mac if I get a new laptop.43294

OPF,

Also, don't be reluctant after seeing the prices of new Macs. Unlike PCs that become obsolete after 3 years of purchase, Macs tend to hold their computing value for years. I'm using an old Powerbook G4 (yes, that came out in 2003) and it still is functioning without any problems, and I edit video, edit music, and edit photos without any type of issues.

I'd look at a used Mac laptop if I were in your shoes, especially if it is going to be used for simple computing, and especially since you can get last year's models for ridiculous prices. Then you'll spend your time actually using your computer, instead of trying to find out what's wrong with it.

Just don't get an iPhone. :-)

one long cast
01-22-2014, 04:04 PM
That's strange I just down loaded malwareyites today. I'll try anything to keep the Nigerians off my computer. 33,000 attempts in 4 months