PDA

View Full Version : A day of firsts...1/17/14

Jmericle
01-20-2014, 08:15 AM
So on Friday 1/17 I had a funeral to attend at 10:00AM so I hit El Porto beach right before sunrise and fished for just over an hour. I was determined to catch my first perch on a "mini hammer" and that I did. I found a nice 10" perch that wanted to play. I took a picture and back into the water he went. I through out the same plastic and on the very next cast a fish bit off the tail of the "mini hamer" I was bummed as I did not have any more of that color in my backpack. I tried a different color with no hits. I then switched to the hammer hooked MORF grub and caught my first jack smelt, which has some nice colors to it. I wanted to stay longer but had to take my little man to pre-school before I went to the funeral.

murrieta angler
01-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Sorry for the loss..:Sad:
But, I was glad you were able to get out and think about things.
Isn't it funny, that when you're not really thinking about fishing, is when you usually get a hit...:Razz:
Take care,
Robert
<><

anchor3n1
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi Jmericle:

I am sorry for your loss. I lost someone recently too. Hitting the surf does seem to settle the soul. Catching something is the icing. Nice job on your first perch:Envious: Many more to come!!!

Cheers,

Nick

bachiboy
01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
A couple of years ago, I had to attend a funeral and went out early to fish before the service. I happened to run into a trio of S.W.A.T members before the session (I wasn't in S.W.A.T. yet). Robert was one of those guys. That was one of the best sessions I've ever had. I didn't catch anything of consequence but just being out there and sharing the moment in the sand with them meant a lot during a very dark time. Fishing is a great therapy device, alone or with friends. Just watching the light hit the water in the mornings helps me feel a little closer to those that have passed over the years. Glad you were able to have a great experience during a tough time and my deepest condolences.

Don

skunked4life
01-23-2014, 09:27 AM
I can empathize with you there. My condolences.

Those torpedoes are fun the first couple of times but can get real old quick when you are targeting something else!

Skunked4life

Wingnut
01-31-2014, 06:13 PM
The surf has a way of rinsing your mind of life's tough situations...
Thanks for sharing... :Cool: