PDA

View Full Version : My First Fishin' Video - HITTING CLOSE!!!

anchor3n1
01-19-2014, 06:04 PM
I performed a memorial service a couple weeks ago for a good friend that suddenly passed away - very sad situation. However, another good friend who was there for the memorial came up to me when it was over. We reconnected after what seemed like a couple years or more. That was a blessing. We got to talking about stuff and I told him that I wanted to film the fishing action someday with me and the girls. He wanted to bless me and so he gave me his GoPro Hero 2 camera and stuff (he already had the GoPro 3). What a great guy!!!:Razz:

This last Friday morning before I had to get on the road with my family for an overnighter to Carlsbad (one of the girls had a big ballet audition), I snuck down for a quick fishing hit to try out my new camera. I really wanted to make sure I captured some action so I went after BSP cuz I almost always seem to get some. I normally fish 3 inch grubs and my new perch weapon 3 inch BH swim baits now when targeting BSP but I had my rod set up with the LC and not much time so what the heck!

I have never used a GoPro before so I lost the first fish cuz I stopped fighting him to try and turn on the camera. The next fish I captured on video but when I got home it was corrupted:EyePop:...bummer I decided for the next fish action I would just leave the camera recording the whole time so what follows is that "hook up".

Please remember this is my first time doing this plus I needed to obscure the spot a bit - kind of a bummer.

Let me know what you think:Shocked:

Nick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqz8sQ9SXI

Nipple Twister
01-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Nick, great report and excellent video.........my videos are still a bit rough and lately just a bunch of "casting practice" footage :ROFL:

keep 'em coming.........

bachiboy
01-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Nice work Nick! Very cool video work. Congrats again on Noelle's pict in WON. She musta been really excited about that.

Keep it coming!
Don

anchor3n1
01-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Nick, great report and excellent video.........my videos are still a bit rough and lately just a bunch of "casting practice" footage :ROFL:

keep 'em coming.........

Hi John

Thank you for the kind feedback. I can't wait to see what you get on camera:Razz:

It is pretty amazing to be able to see and in a sense relive a personal fishing experience. I want to see if I can capture some more fishing outings this year on video.

Take care,

Nick

anchor3n1
01-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Nice work Nick! Very cool video work. Congrats again on Noelle's pict in WON. She musta been really excited about that.

Keep it coming!
Don

Hey Don,

Thanks for the 'heads up' on Noelle's picture in WON. I picked up a couple of copies. Everyone here was tickled to see it.

Thank you for your 'thumbs up':LOL:on the video! I hope to do it again. It's pretty fun.

Cheers,

Nick

skunked4life
01-20-2014, 07:05 AM
Nick,

That was awesome! Keep up the good work out there! Sorry about your loss, been there recently too.

Skunked4life

murrieta angler
01-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Hey Nick,
Nice video Bro, that area looks like it could hold some different species for sure...:Smile:
I hope the recital went well and you had a good time down at Carlsbad.
We will hook up in the near future and target some nicer grade fish...:Cool:
Have a Blessed week,
Robert
<><

The_Dude
01-20-2014, 08:17 AM
nice video. For me, I learned a lot about retrieves from guys using video of their fishing trips. For someone like me who is a visual person the videos helped a ton.

ErikAllen17
01-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Great video Nick... can't wait to see when you mix in some underwater shots with it as well. Too bad you and the girls couldn't join the kids and I at the pier today. Take care and I'll see you on the sand soon.

anchor3n1
01-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Nick,

That was awesome! Keep up the good work out there! Sorry about your loss, been there recently too.

Skunked4life

Hey Ken

Thanks and well, thanks bro. I appreciate it.

Nick

Hey Nick,
Nice video Bro, that area looks like it could hold some different species for sure...:Smile:
I hope the recital went well and you had a good time down at Carlsbad.
We will hook up in the near future and target some nicer grade fish...:Cool:
Have a Blessed week,
Robert
<><

Hi Robert

It did and we did:LOL: Really enjoyed the chit- chat. Sorry bout keeping you up though:Rolls Eyes: Yup, I know we're gunna meet up sometime soon for 'shore'.

Blessings brother,

Nick

nice video. For me, I learned a lot about retrieves from guys using video of their fishing trips. For someone like me who is a visual person the videos helped a ton.

Glad you liked it!

Great video Nick... can't wait to see when you mix in some underwater shots with it as well. Too bad you and the girls couldn't join the kids and I at the pier today. Take care and I'll see you on the sand soon.

Howdy Erik

Thanks for the camera tips. There'll be a next time. Hope you had good daddy-kids time today at the sea:Cool:

Take care buddy,

Nick

Wingnut
01-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Nice video Nick... that's some good Perchin' action. :Big Grin: