PDA

View Full Version : Jess Ranch?

CT4Fisher
01-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Anybody been up there within the last few weeks? If so how was it? Thinking of heading up Sunday.

tmenzo939
01-17-2014, 03:34 PM
seems like is alwayd dead on sundays for me, fri or sat a little better, good luck

NeKro
01-17-2014, 06:16 PM
I wet there like believe 2 or 3 weeks ago on a Sat. Got there early first in line left around 2 with a skunk. Hardly anyone was catching anything when I was there, slow day for everyone.

CT4Fisher
01-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Went on a couple Sundays too n pulled 2 out total. Went one Friday n got skunked. Went on a Saturday at the beginning of trout season n caught a 6.8 lb trout. What's going on there? Fishing used to be lights out there. The water is starting to look ugly too.

KidTrout
01-17-2014, 09:06 PM
Went on a couple Sundays too n pulled 2 out total. Went one Friday n got skunked. Went on a Saturday at the beginning of trout season n caught a 6.8 lb trout. What's going on there? Fishing used to be lights out there. The water is starting to look ugly too.

It seems like ever since after there derby they just stopped putting in as much fish as they use to. Even reading there reports every week they have been only getting a few fish and the biggest maybe 5 lbs.

NeKro
01-18-2014, 11:14 AM
It seems like ever since after there derby they just stopped putting in as much fish as they use to. Even reading there reports every week they have been only getting a few fish and the biggest maybe 5 lbs.

I was talking to these older men when I went and they go every week. They were saying that the bite has been terrible for at least the last month.

seal
01-18-2014, 11:43 AM
They currently charge zero for fishing other than a license, you expect them to put in lunkers every week? This is the off season for them, they should have snow on the ground and freezing temps, it's January for christ sake.

J-Dub
01-18-2014, 02:44 PM
They currently charge zero for fishing other than a license, you expect them to put in lunkers every week? This is the off season for them, they should have snow on the ground and freezing temps, it's January for christ sake.
Jess Ranch doesn't charge an admission fee anymore???

Breaking Bass
01-18-2014, 03:08 PM

Whoa!...I've been going to the wrong Jess Ranch this whole time!! Please PM me directions to this free one you speak of.

KidTrout
01-18-2014, 04:00 PM
What are you talking about this is their trout season to haha. They had their opener I last week of October. They have their own hatchery so they should have no problem of getting fish. Also where do you go because I'm bring charged 20$ to fish there. Luckily I'm not dumb enough to go there though . Go to corona it's way better.

esteban1t
01-18-2014, 04:25 PM
What are you talking about this is their trout season to haha. They had their opener I last week of October. They have their own hatchery so they should have no problem of getting fish. Also where do you go because I'm bring charged 20$ to fish there. Luckily I'm not dumb enough to go there though . Go to corona it's way better.
so people who go to jess ranch are dumb ?

KidTrout
01-18-2014, 04:30 PM
In my opinion yea. over priced and most of the time you don't even get your limit. Fish are only 1-3 lbs. you can take that money and catch 20+ fish every time at other lakes

seal
01-19-2014, 08:16 AM
Guys I oops'd! I thought this was a Gregory thread, worse part is I was sober at the time, never post sober again that's my goal, had to start early this morning to fulfill that pledge.

As a mea culpa I will tell you that I walked the shore of Hesperia Lake the last couple days and have seen MANY big fish come out, more fish coming out of there than I've seen in a while.

Sorry about dat!!!!!!!!!!!!

tmenzo939
01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
jess ranch blows, too expensive and the lady in front always reacts angry if you act " hows the fishing?"

NeKro
01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
jess ranch blows, too expensive and the lady in front always reacts angry if you act " hows the fishing?"

I've never had a problem with the staff, but then again I hardly talk to them. Price is a little even with my military discount its $18, but the drive is what I hate about lol. I live in West Covina and i pass silverwood on the way there and for me silverwood is free unless I fish the dock and thats only $3 and my limit is 10 stripers.

Viejo
04-10-2014, 01:14 PM

Well said. She is angry because you are acting when you ask about the fishing. Next time, try being yourself and just, "Ask her how the fishing is". She always smiles at me and tells me where they are biting when I ask her.