PDA

View Full Version : New to surf fishing

fisherman4life
01-16-2014, 02:23 PM
What a great website. I just started surf fishing about 1 month ago and this style of fishing is great. Just wanted to get some info on fishing spots in orange county. I've only fished dog beach and have had great success on the BSP. I went out and bought a couple LC lures and only had a couple perch. I would appreciate any hints or locations . Is there any spots in or around San Clemente. I've had luck around the state beach and trestles when I was a kid on leopard sharks and skates but only using bait. Any info is welcome. Tight lines

FishinLBC
01-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Try long beach with your Lc to start. The fish are smaller allot of us jokingly call it the hatchery, BUT there is usually little kelp to snap off your $20 lure (super frustrating when your just starting on the Lc trust me!) And there is plenty of croaker and the like there as well as small to no surf. Also bolsa chica state from the jetty all the way through sunset can produce, look for those negative tides.

Or find a guy wearing something that says swat and just poach your *** off! ;-)

Good luck

Nipple Twister
01-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Or find a guy wearing something that says swat and just poach your *** off! ;-)

:LOL:

He has pretty much got ya some good starter intel there.......I regularly hit those beaches myself so I bet in no time you'll be puttin them on the sand. Do the research in the "how to" sections here, learn to read the conditions to find what works best for you on applying the LC Method to surf fishing. Bill Varney has a great book "Fish the Surf" which has a great section on locating good areas, combined with the LC Method will put you on the fish........

Wingnut
01-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Every beach has potential if you spend the time to learn how to fish it. :Wink:
Keep up the nice job out there and welcome to the "Addiction." :LOL: