PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Lake Fullerton or Tri City in Placentia??

goodguy
01-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Hi all,
Was thinking of taking my daughter fishing at Laguna Lake in Fullerton Monday. How's the bass fishing this time of year there? Cats? Trout? I know the last trout stock was in December. And they're planting sometime next week. So I'm not sure how many trout will still be around.
If not Laguna, how's Tri city these days?

PM me or post here if you have info for me... I'm catch and release only fisherman....

Thanks in advance

castle
01-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Give it a try and posy a report1

bendopolo2004
01-17-2014, 09:43 AM
One vote for Laguna Lake. Much more scenic and ran like an aquarium so the fish are growing like crazy. All the local lakes seem to have a spring pattern already with Bass on the beds in several places. Bluegill are up on the surface skimming bug hatches and the Shad are swarming in the evenings. I guess it is just time to fish anywhere around here in the OC.

goodguy
01-17-2014, 09:45 AM
One vote for Laguna Lake. Much more scenic and ran like an aquarium so the fish are growing like crazy. All the local lakes seem to have a spring pattern already with Bass on the beds in several places. Bluegill are up on the surface skimming bug hatches and the Shad are swarming in the evenings. I guess it is just time to fish anywhere around here in the OC.

hmmm... the bluegill are out?! That'd be good for my daughter.
Also was thinking of making a run up to lake gregory.. Free ( for now) and scenic. just an extra 30min drive... Decisions decisions...

reelgurlzfish
01-17-2014, 07:30 PM
biggest decision of the weekends is where to fish LoL

hmmm... the bluegill are out?! That'd be good for my daughter.
Also was thinking of making a run up to lake gregory.. Free ( for now) and scenic. just an extra 30min drive... Decisions decisions...

goodguy
01-17-2014, 10:01 PM
biggest decision of the weekends is where to fish LoL
You know it's a tough weekend when that's the big decision.. ;)

smokehound
01-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Laguna is fun. If you're panfishing, try to use barbless hooks, in case you hook a large redear too deep.