PDA

View Full Version : brites

DangerFishin
01-12-2014, 02:13 PM
hit up brite lake this morning got there about 5:50am it was very moist out and the fog made it so you could barely see your hand in front of your face. it stayed like this until about 10.

Set up my kitty rod casted out from the rocks using Sardine on top and xxx shrimp on the bottom hook. (kitty rod is actually a trout rod with 4lb test, biggest cats ive ever caught at brites where only 3# or so, so i never fish heavy gear)then i set up another pole and started working a double trout worm dropshot rig Red/ Charteuse colored worms.

after my second cast with the dropshot BAM i look over and my catfish pole is slammed. i quickly grab it, the hook set itself so i started bringing in the fish, its fighting really hard for a winter time cat, and pulls alot of drag on me... get it in and its a 4lb cat.Biggest cat ive caught here!! dinner for tonight!!! so i put him on the stringer rebait the pole cast it out, tighten the line turn around to grab my trout pole and when i turn back around the cat pole is getting slammed again. i grab it, same situation bring it in but this time its about a 1 lb bullhead. (RELEASED) SOO rebait again grab my trout rod and start fishing away. 30 mins or so goes by and i switch to orange/ white trout worms and bam first cast hookup, stocker trout. keep fishing for about another half hour and a guy with a 10 year old kid comes in and gives the kid a pole says "here goodluck" and goes back to sit in the truck...the kid is sitting there with a spiderman pole with a hook and no bait clueless..... So i befriend him and re-rig his little spiderman pole and give him some salmon peach pb and get him going.
Continue fishing, bam 2nd cast stocker trout bam kid hooks up same time as me both get in re bait his hooks and then bam bam bam bam bam it breaks WFO for both of us and i have him and me limits within an hour. he takes off with his fish to his A-hole dad and thats the last i see of him, i have a freezer full of trout already so i give them to a guy whos walking out empty handed **Special Edit for-(Vieja)** That had asked me earlier if i didnt want to keep anything to give them to him because he "loves" trout so i can continue fishing plus i went over the 5-fish limit so it was release the kitty or release a trout.

i put the trout gear away and get back to fishing the cats. i manage 2 more 2# and 3# catfish on XXX shrimp by 10ish and the sun finally kinda starts breaking through, i get my shrimp back out soaking in the water and decide to try for some bass in the water inlet. (last year i hit a few bass here, 5#+) i tried zoom swimshads, no luck, tried a few other hardbaits and nothing worked. so i break out the vintage tackle, a balsa wood trout imitation bass lure my grandpa gave me. about 7 casts later, SLAM im hooked up i get the bass up close manage a good look at the beast and he unbuttons and swims away. it had to be over a 5# fish very easily.

so i decide to call it a day around 11:45 and as i go to pull in my catfish rod SLAM another bite this one took me 10+ minutes to bring in,was coming in fast and then it must have wrapped around a rock because i thought i lost it and snagged on the bottom, i gave it about a minute or two and kept the line tight and finally it starts to come in! get it in and on shore its another 4lb cat. this one i released to be caught again by someone else since i already have plenty of fish at home and on my stringer.

fishing was great! gonna come out again soon and take my 14ft sears boat with an electric motor see if i can get anything on the troll!!

Fish on!!:Big Grin:

Viejo
01-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Are really bragging about catching a limit + 1 and giving it away so you can keep fishing all day? Really.....?

Dipstick.

cutbait
01-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Are really bragging about catching a limit + 1 and giving it away so you can keep fishing all day? Really.....?

Dipstick.

Typical viejo

DangerFishin
01-12-2014, 04:09 PM

Dipstick.

LoL! Wasnt bragging. In fact i dont brag about anything nor claim to be an even half good fishermen. I was just making a post/report on brite lake because that is what occured during my fishing trip up there today.

"Vieja"

Dip.
#thanks