PDA

View Full Version : apollo

DangerFishin
01-08-2014, 09:32 PM
went for a run at apollo this morning and saw some fishermen, they stated it had been stocked earlier (nobody had caught anything yet) i had the day off from work so i figured what the heck? ran back to my car grabbed a pole and some gear (always be ready to fish haha you never know)

went to the backside of the large east lake. fished for about an hour on PB and got nothing. a spanish only speaking guy came in about then a bit to the right of me and it seemed he was throwing a lure of some sort and brought in 4 fish fast. within 10 minutes actually. i walked over, he had about 6 HUGE trebles tied on his line with no bait or lure and he had a weight tied at the bottom, right where he was fishing there was a large number of trout hanging out within visible distance of the shore, they were loagy from just being stocked i guess. he kept casting out draging his hooks over theyr back and dragging them in. i held back from saying anything or pushing him into the water and crossed my fingers that a warden would pull up and bust his *** but it didnt happen. soon he had a bucket full of fish (way more then a 5 fish limit) and he left.

while watching him do so nothing had happened to my pole which was still baitin n waiting. so i decided to dropshot a couple of trout power worms, RED/ Charteuse was the ticket.

caught 2 in the area i started then decided to go to the far back lake. casted the dropshot power worm rig right into where one of the pumps was spraying water and just let them sit there, bam bam bam! 3 more fish back to back. all small fish but they where fun. hopefully the fishing stays ok here. for a long time the water has been jacked up.

left apollo by 1pm to grab lunch at foxys and then hit the aquaduct for more fishing on my day off!! woohoo!!!

Fish on!

ps: almost forgot!! i picked up a turtle walking out!!! i put him back though!! strange!! ive never seen a turtle here.

DockRat
01-08-2014, 09:57 PM
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w229/jazznfishin/random%20stuff/SDC10092.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/jazznfishin/media/random%20stuff/SDC10092.jpg.html)

tpfishnfool
01-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Apollo is a magnet for this kind of trash. F that place !

TUNAVIC
01-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Nice catch,sorry to hear about the snagger,saw one at Legg Lake once,everything he would snag he would take over to his mom and dad who where just waiting around for him.

Cya TUNAVIC

HBAR
01-10-2014, 08:30 PM
There weren't any sheriff's around? Seems every time I've gone there I've always seen cops driving through or sitting in the parking lot.

DangerFishin
01-11-2014, 09:44 AM
There weren't any sheriff's around? Seems every time I've gone there I've always seen cops driving through or sitting in the parking lot.

there was a sherrif sitting in the parking lot, he never came around the lake though. this guy didnt care who was watching though.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
01-24-2014, 06:24 PM
Everyone have that Cal Tip number now??? If everyone keeps THINKING of reporting a poacher and NOT ACTUALLY REPORTING ANYTHING, these occurrences will continue to happen.
Everyone carries a cell phone......are your minutes too precious to waste? MAKE THE EFFORT....REPORT POACHERS....THE DFG NEEDS OUR HELP TO KEEP PLANTING FISH
Just my 2 cents.
TTFM