PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T, Two Legal Hali's To Start Off The 2014 Season

SP Dan
01-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Sunday 1-5-2014 "Quick Report".
Hooked up with Ken aka: S4L and Don aka: bachiboy for a morning session.

Session duration: 0630 to 1030 hrs.

Assault weapon of choice:
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/150e097b-fef2-4e73-9e77-3e89df298233.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/150e097b-fef2-4e73-9e77-3e89df298233.jpg.html)

My first legal of 2014 measuring in at 22 1/2" in length,
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/02d07e79-babc-4005-b252-f0e0a14eba04.png (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/02d07e79-babc-4005-b252-f0e0a14eba04.png.html)

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/b5fe4aca-2361-4774-8808-b075d1124a0f.png (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/b5fe4aca-2361-4774-8808-b075d1124a0f.png.html)

My 2nd and PB Halibut for 2014 measuring in at 26" in length,
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000244.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000244.jpg.html)

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000245.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000245.jpg.html)

Thanx for checking out my first fish report of the 2014 Season!

SP Dan <"))><

EfrenM
01-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Nice legal ..... how can u guys always found the legals and I can't......

skunked4life
01-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Well that was a quick report! Well done my friend! You deserved both legals for having to fish with me! I guess it's now officially on for 2014! Bring it Dan!

Great seeing you!

Ken

skunked4life
01-06-2014, 10:51 AM

PM, the Danimal doesn't "find" halibut, they find HIM! :LOL:

anchor3n1
01-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Hi Dan:

Way to start 2014 off man!!

If that pic of your "assault weapon" was taken after doing battle with those enemy combatants, it seems to look only lightly "fish" handled.

best,

Nick

murrieta angler
01-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Well done comrade! :Big Grin:
It seems that everyone that headed out, was rewarded with some legals...:Wink:
The race has begun and it's a longggg way to the finish line..:Envious:
Take Care Brotha,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
01-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Way to go Danimal! It was good times to be had by all that day.:Wink: When you moved back to the south side of the A.O. and we were still getting bit on our end, I was thinking of calling you back. Then I see you kneeling down and knew you had nailed another good one.:Big Grin: Always a pleasure to fish with you brotha. I'll keep you posted on my extended weekend exploits.

Congrats!!!
Don

sidified
01-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Way to score, Dan'l.. It's pretty cool when a report is so good you can afford to leave out the several shorts you also caught!!

Which Way Out
01-07-2014, 06:38 AM
And Out of the Gate is Danimal by a head!!!

I surrender already.

WWO

remington
01-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Great to meet all of you on Sunday. Don, nice to fish with you again this morning! Curtis said you hung a toad after I left for work. Nice!!!!

Kelly

DockRat
01-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Great start to 2014 Danimal.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/clements4christ/ZakksJan16.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/clements4christ/media/ZakksJan16.jpg.html)

connordoyle
01-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Awesome report! Hopefully I can land a legal this month.

SP Dan
01-08-2014, 11:39 AM

Hi ya pm,
Believe :Wink: me brutha ... we've all put in a lot of hours and time ... in search of such a bite ...... any :LOL: bites!
And then we get lucky .... now and then!
Dan

Well that was a quick report! Well done my friend! You deserved both legals for having to fish with me! I guess it's now officially on for 2014! Bring it Dan!

Great seeing you!

Ken

Hi ya Brotha Ken,
Yup ... the 2014 season has officially commenced!
I hope to receive more of :LOL: ... "what it is that I deserve more of", this weekend .... wanna fish this weekend? :LOL:
Dan

PM, the Danimal doesn't "find" halibut, they find HIM! :LOL:

Hey S4L,
:LOL: Ha ha ha! You give me way too much credit my friend! :ROFL: Ha ha ha!
Dan

Hi Dan:

Way to start 2014 off man!!

If that pic of your "assault weapon" was taken after doing battle with those enemy combatants, it seems to look only lightly "fish" handled.

best,

Nick

Hi ya Nick,
Thanks for your kind acknowledgement.
This picture is the identical LC 110 Electric Ghost Sardine lure set up used for both my Stripe Bass and my legals.
Note: This particular picture of the same lure used was taken the day before the capture of my Stripped Bass. It was a clean picture of the lure so I thought that I'd share it again with all. You should have seen it once the SB had finished with it though! :EyePop: Man-O-Man!!! Ha ha ha! Not a pretty picture!
Dan

Well done comrade! :Big Grin:
It seems that everyone that headed out, was rewarded with some legals...:Wink:
The race has begun and it's a longggg way to the finish line..:Envious:
Take Care Brotha,
Robert
<><

Hi ya Brotha Robert,
Ken's RECON and his proving of this AO really paid off well for Ken and as well as for all those who took the opportunity to make the invited journey. Brotha Ken's INTEL was :Thumbs Up: right-on!
It's been great to have ended the 2013 Season on the Stripe Bass bite and to immediately begin the 2014 Season with a strong Halibut bite!
Heck ..... there must already-be more than 10 legals on the S.W.A.T. Leader Board for the very 1st week of the 2014 Season.
If this is an advanced glimpse of "what is to be coming our way" this season .... then I can't wait to :EyePop: see this Season's complete tally.
Dan

Way to go Danimal! It was good times to be had by all that day.:Wink: When you moved back to the south side of the A.O. and we were still getting bit on our end, I was thinking of calling you back. Then I see you kneeling down and knew you had nailed another good one.:Big Grin: Always a pleasure to fish with you brotha. I'll keep you posted on my extended weekend exploits.

Congrats!!!
Don

Hi ya Brotha Don,

Yeah .... the move to the south side of the AO really paid off in spades for me with this 26" tail thumping legal!
The kneeling down that you saw ... was me giving thanks.
I had a great time and truly enjoyed the company of yourself and Ken!

Way to score, Dan'l.. It's pretty cool when a report is so good you can afford to leave out the several shorts you also caught!!

Hi ya Brotha Sid,

That was truly a great observation Sir!
I did actually beach 6 short Hali's that day.... they ranged any-wheres from 18" to 21 15/16" in length.
I'll be seeing you on the beach Sid!
Dan

And Out of the Gate is Danimal by a head!!!

I surrender already.

WWO

Hi ya Brotha Bill,
I believe that I'm actually pulling up the tail end :Embarrassed: ... :LOL: ha ha ha!
I believe that it is S4L that is leading us with the greatest :EyePop: number of legals and then is followed by bachiboy. :Envious:
I hope that these numbers are a true indicator for what is to follow in this early Season!
Dan

Great to meet all of you on Sunday. Don, nice to fish with you again this morning! Curtis said you hung a toad after I left for work. Nice!!!!

Kelly

Hi ya Kelly,
I'm surprised that you remembered me! :Wink:
After all ... we briefly met at pre-dark-thirty hours, before gray lite while gearing up in the parking lot.

I heard that you had a pretty :Thumbs Up: good day out there yourself! :Cool: WTG!
Stay wet!
Dan

PTN
01-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Everyone is out there right now :Big Grin:. I think you guys got my fishing itch to start again and I'm planning to make it back onto the sand. Awesome fishing and even better company. Congrats on the fish Dan and hope to see you out there again my friend :Applause:.

-Peter

SP Dan
01-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Great start to 2014 Danimal.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv112/clements4christ/ZakksJan16.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/clements4christ/media/ZakksJan16.jpg.html)

Hi ya Martin,

Your response was a bit over the top and I found myself a bit confused by it .... but I appreciate that you took the time to do this :EyePop: crazy, zany .... responding stuff!

"Happy New Year Dr"!

SP Dan <"))><

Awesome report! Hopefully I can land a legal this month.

Hi ya connordoyle,

The Hali's are out there Connor .... yours is out there .... just waiting on you Sir! Make it happen!

Stay wet! :Cool:

Dan

Everyone is out there right now :Big Grin:. I think you guys got my fishing itch to start again and I'm planning to make it back onto the sand. Awesome fishing and even better company. Congrats on the fish Dan and hope to see you out there again my friend :Applause:.

-Peter

Hi ya Brotha ptn,

Hurry up and get yourself all itchy ... and I'll see you in the salt Brotha! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

noleash
01-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Dear Sir; If you get any HIGHER ON LIFE by your choice of Club/Hobbie activities someone will have to alert the FAA, UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, and NASSA as to the identification of that bright LIGHT circling the EARTH and by NO MEANS should be viewed as hostjle and shot down! Congratulations on "Rising Above The Machine" and sustaining a quality of life that if in FACT was a common across the globe then planet earth would be the Happiest place in the universe!:Cool: :Big Grin:

dlmoo312
01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Great way to start off the new year, Dan!
Keep those legals coming! :Big Grin:
Thanks for the report

-Daniel

SP Dan
01-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Dear Sir; If you get any HIGHER ON LIFE by your choice of Club/Hobbie activities someone will have to alert the FAA, UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, and NASSA as to the identification of that bright LIGHT circling the EARTH and by NO MEANS should be viewed as hostjle and shot down! Congratulations on "Rising Above The Machine" and sustaining a quality of life that if in FACT was a common across the globe then planet earth would be the Happiest place in the universe!:Cool: :Big Grin:

Hi ya noleash,

Here's to making planet earth the Happiest place in the universe! :Big Grin:

Dan

Great way to start off the new year, Dan!
Keep those legals coming! :Big Grin:
Thanks for the report

-Daniel

Hi ya Daniel,

Last year I beached only 5 legal halibut .... and 11 days now into the 2014 season and I've already beached my 4th legal Hali.
My goal for the 2014 Season is to better my 2013 legal Halibut total by one. So (2) two more and I will have achieved my goal. :Wink:

Have a great 2014 Season Daniel! :Cool:

Dan

noleash
01-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Buy the way I'm in fact the guy that took the pic of you with your first keeeeeeeeper Halibut! Seen you grow from a young man into a responsible and proper adult! It's amazing what persistence will do for an individual! Dan...... think scampi.........I think you would be impressed by the hook set and the fun ride that follows it!!!!!!!

SP Dan
01-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Buy the way I'm in fact the guy that took the pic of you with your first keeeeeeeeper Halibut! Seen you grow from a young man into a responsible and proper adult! It's amazing what persistence will do for an individual! Dan...... think scampi.........I think you would be impressed by the hook set and the fun ride that follows it!!!!!!!

Thank you for your fishing "bait" suggestion and for your kind words.

Dan

noleash
01-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Thank you for your fishing "bait" suggestion and for your kind words.

Dan
Actually a scampi is an old school twin tailed plastic swim bait notorious for catching large Halibut! :Big Grin:

iLLest
01-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Danimal!

Wow brotha, what a way to start the new year.
Those are 2 beautiful halis you got there and that water in the background, oh man, looking real good out there.
I've been dealing with some personal issues at the moment, but I'll definitely be joining you before I head back to school.
Im itchin to head out right now while its still warn, I'll see you soon.

-Frank

SP Dan
01-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Danimal!

Wow brotha, what a way to start the new year.
Those are 2 beautiful halis you got there and that water in the background, oh man, looking real good out there.
I've been dealing with some personal issues at the moment, but I'll definitely be joining you before I head back to school.
Im itchin to head out right now while its still warn, I'll see you soon.

-Frank

Hi ya illest,

Sorry that times aren't better but perhaps a salt session is well past due!
I look forward to our next session Frank. :Cool:

Dan

sidified
01-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Head West, young man, head West! There aren't many posts about when we don't find fish.. it's hit and miss.. but make sure you do all the homework so necessary to upping your chances bigtime.. There is endless 'how to' information on the web.. tides, swells, their direction, wave height, wind, solunar tables, moon phase...on and on.. and it's a kick learning what makes fish tick.. What can't be taught is the most important ingredient, PERSISTANCE...
and a bit of good luck :-)

bachiboy
01-13-2014, 02:16 PM

You only get to read when we actually catch fish Efren. We have countless skunk trips throughout the year that we don't write about (except for maybe Arthur:Wink:). Like Sid mentioned, you gotta put in the time and it'll come. You're doing well out there. Sorry, I just noticed that I didn't post a reply to your 1/3 report. You may have not gotten a legal, but you had a very nice session. The legal's will come...especially in a couple months.:Wink:

Wingnut
01-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Fantastic start to the New Year Brother Dan. :Big Grin:
It was sooooo hard watching my phone blowing up the last couple of weeks with intel on the epic bite and not be able to join you guys on the Halibut slay fest. :Envious:
As you know, I was out of town for the CES Show the previous week and had a lot of business to take care of this past week. I think I missed out on the bite altogether... :mad:
That's okay... I was totally stoked to see all my S.W.A.T. Brothers cashing in on the hot bite and putting a crazy amount of legal Flatties on the beach.
Insane numbers for the first couple weeks of January! :Shocked:
I have yet to catch my first legal of 2014. :Envious: But watch for me coming up in your review mirror boyz. :Wink: