PDA

View Full Version : L Gregory

hookdfisherman
01-04-2014, 02:30 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=9381392

castle
01-04-2014, 09:10 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=9381392

The new site says Gregory is closed till further notice.

KidTrout
01-04-2014, 10:06 PM
From the things that I heard from people this lake is going to go off next summer for fishing.

seal
01-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Yes it will "go off", it's all about the big planters huh? Sorry my opinion about this is anything but positive, but you guys enjoy it will only be a good thing for those that enjoy pay to fish lakes.

I think I'm going to "go off".....

etucker1959
01-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Yes it will "go off", it's all about the big planters huh? Sorry my opinion about this is anything but positive, but you guys enjoy it will only be a good thing for those that enjoy pay to fish lakes.

I think I'm going to "go off".....

Hey Seal, do you think it will lose it's Brown Trout fishery???? If it does that's a shame, we already have trophy trout fishing in other pay lakes.

seal
01-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Hey Seal, do you think it will lose it's Brown Trout fishery???? If it does that's a shame, we already have trophy trout fishing in other pay lakes.

Part of the proposal included Tim Alpers starting a brown trout program up there including the prospects of cage raising them on the lake. For once though I wish some would break out of their near sighted thought process, Gregory was one of the few decent lakes in So Cal where you could actually use your fishing license and go dunk a line for a couple hours without going broke, it has become accepted that you have to pay for everything these days in California even just going out to try and enjoy mother nature.

It's not about hand raised trophy trout to me.

etucker1959
01-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Part of the proposal included Tim Alpers starting a brown trout program up there including the prospects of cage raising them on the lake. For once though I wish some would break out of their near sighted thought process, Gregory was one of the few decent lakes in So Cal where you could actually use your fishing license and go dunk a line for a couple hours without going broke, it has become accepted that you have to pay for everything these days in California even just going out to try and enjoy mother nature.

I hear you and agree with you!!!!!!! You do know I'm burning to say something political, but I won't!!!!!! lol

Bass Boy 14
01-05-2014, 12:40 PM

Seal, I totally agree with you. Personally, I don't want to pay to catch fish. Why can't we just catch fish for free and have fish that aren't fed to be huge. I caught plenty of browns and bows up there, biggest was a 3.2lb rainbow trout. That was just a normal stocker that happened to grow big, it wasn't bred to be big. I probably won't go anymore if we have to pay, I'll stay at stocked lakes that you can catch them for free that are local.

I don't want a great lake like that, so peaceful, to become a tourist spot. Why not let it stay as a peaceful, serene mountain lake?

Jake
01-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Just a quick update on Lake Gregory. I called yesterday and spoke with Spencer who is with the new management company. He confirmed they are currently stocking every other week. They are in the process of setting up their own hatchery. The lake is not closed, it is open and free to fish. This summer when they are fully up and running with the hatchery they will charge just $3 dollars. Going to give it a try this weekend. Any pointers on locations on the lake? We will be fishing from shore and will have 4 little groms with us ages 2-5. Thanks in advance for any advice. Have a great day and good luck to all!

seal
01-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Just a quick update on Lake Gregory. I called yesterday and spoke with Spencer who is with the new management company. He confirmed they are currently stocking every other week. They are in the process of setting up their own hatchery. The lake is not closed, it is open and free to fish. This summer when they are fully up and running with the hatchery they will charge just $3 dollars. Going to give it a try this weekend. Any pointers on locations on the lake? We will be fishing from shore and will have 4 little groms with us ages 2-5. Thanks in advance for any advice. Have a great day and good luck to all!

3 bucks huh? Well that makes me wonder what they are going to charge for parking. Maybe the cost is low due to them not having all the fish stocking in place that they are promising in the contract. Are the stockings he is referring to going in now DFG stockings? Probably. I was there last weekend, did not witness any fish caught over by the swimbeach parking area.

Jake
01-16-2014, 11:06 AM
3 bucks huh? Well that makes me wonder what they are going to charge for parking. Maybe the cost is low due to them not having all the fish stocking in place that they are promising in the contract. Are the stockings he is referring to going in now DFG stockings? Probably. I was there last weekend, did not witness any fish caught over by the swimbeach parking area.

Not sure what they're stocking. Lake Gregory is not showing on the DFG website as having any recent or future stocking. We're going to give it a go unless we end up going to Big Bear. Hopefully I'll have a pic to post.

goodguy
01-16-2014, 11:07 AM
They are currently stocking every other week? As in right now? I thought that Gregory didn't get planted normally in the winter? If this is the case, I might just have to fish there instead of going to a local park lake. Might be worth the extra 30 min drive!

goodguy
01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Not sure what they're stocking. Lake Gregory is not showing on the DFG website as having any recent or future stocking. We're going to give it a go unless we end up going to Big Bear. Hopefully I'll have a pic to post.

I'm interested to know which hatchery is stocking the trout as well.....?

seal
01-16-2014, 12:52 PM

I will talk to my friends up there and try to find out but Gregory has been stocked this winter by the DFG usually the same week Silverwood does. Good luck!

goodguy
01-16-2014, 10:28 PM
I will talk to my friends up there and try to find out but Gregory has been stocked this winter by the DFG usually the same week Silverwood does. Good luck!

I just checked the DFG website. They haven't stocked in a while. The farthest I could go back was 12/22. And nothin.. Either way I might still go check it out!

Kingfish Addict
01-18-2014, 09:06 AM

My buddy and I were fishing there a few weeks ago and came in contact with a DFW biologist walking the shore and taking a survey of number of fish caught, size, bait used, etc. I asked him about the stockings there and he said the DFW hasn't planted in a while but that the lake is receiving stockings of brownies by Mojave River Hatchery, every other week. The Mojave River Hatchery is run by the DFW but the stockings are privately funded, not state funded. I believe the DFW only lists state funded stockings on their website...

goodguy
01-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Thank you for clearing that up!!

Tubbytuba
01-23-2014, 07:25 PM
head on over to the ball fields and dont be afraid to walk. keep an eye out for fish and throw a ton of casts.
i was to lazy to hit the quote button but that was to the guy looking for any tips. was there last on the 28th of december, sorta crap info but the fishing is a little tougher than usual.

Good Hunting

goodguy
01-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Yeah, we hit it hard on Monday. Was around the ball field the whole time. Threw everything I could think of and not one bite. Oh well... Was a great father daughter day!

Ultralight
01-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Yes, not been stocked in a while. And none for the foreseeable future.

I did chat with someone who knows the internals and the speculation by those who worked there is that the state has been unsucessful in setting up gates to collect parking fees etc. Local residents had protested whenever this is floated by the county supervisors. So they are now renting out to a private entity who will be doing that - charge for all the parking spots and charge for fishing. And if local residents protest, there is no official channel to protest.

The reason this is reasonable speculation is that the county is actually PAYING $300,000 for the private company to take the lake this year. And then next year, they will again PAY something like $200,000 to the private company to rent the lake. This does not sound like a private rental, but actually inviting a private company to come in to accomplish particular tasks for which they will be paid. And then, after the rental program is in place and all the structures (gates etc) are built, the private company can leave and the county can take back the lake if need be and continue charging the additional fees.

It will be interesting to see how the fishery will be as they start charging for fishing.

I met an older gentleman who was involved in the donation of the lodge at Lake Gregory for $1 many years back. He said that back then, for the lodge to be donated, there was stipulation in the contract that the local residents must always be able to fish for free. When I said that they are going to start charging, he was stunned that could happen due to the contract that he was involved with. It would be interesting to see if anyone can resurface the contract and see what the terms were, and if it is still valid currently.

UL

seal
01-26-2014, 10:41 AM
Yes, not been stocked in a while. And none for the foreseeable future.

I did chat with someone who knows the internals and the speculation by those who worked there is that the state has been unsucessful in setting up gates to collect parking fees etc. Local residents had protested whenever this is floated by the county supervisors. So they are now renting out to a private entity who will be doing that - charge for all the parking spots and charge for fishing. And if local residents protest, there is no official channel to protest.

The reason this is reasonable speculation is that the county is actually PAYING $300,000 for the private company to take the lake this year. And then next year, they will again PAY something like $200,000 to the private company to rent the lake. This does not sound like a private rental, but actually inviting a private company to come in to accomplish particular tasks for which they will be paid. And then, after the rental program is in place and all the structures (gates etc) are built, the private company can leave and the county can take back the lake if need be and continue charging the additional fees.

It will be interesting to see how the fishery will be as they start charging for fishing.

I met an older gentleman who was involved in the donation of the lodge at Lake Gregory for $1 many years back. He said that back then, for the lodge to be donated, there was stipulation in the contract that the local residents must always be able to fish for free. When I said that they are going to start charging, he was stunned that could happen due to the contract that he was involved with. It would be interesting to see if anyone can resurface the contract and see what the terms were, and if it is still valid currently.

UL

The residents up there are just not seeing the inevitable at this point, they are drinking of the Koolaid and not complaining too much, yet.

That would play into your discussion with that individual, they know it's coming when they start charging for parking, if they attempt to gate the whole lake in well that's going to start a major poop storm. The way they are wording it right now is that there is no "current" plan to gate in the lake. My guess is they'll wait then report tons of poachers at night among other stuff and try to justify building the fence that way.

We'll see, I really hope my negativity about the project is unfounded, but something smells fishy....

seal
02-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Next Monday the 17th there will be an open house at Gregory where you can get answers on what they are "planning" to do. Remember DVL though, plans are one thing what actually is done can be a completely different story!

http://rotwnews.com/2014/02/11/everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-the-new-lake-gregory/

Kingfish Addict
02-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Next Monday the 17th there will be an open house at Gregory where you can get answers on what they are "planning" to do. Remember DVL though, plans are one thing what actually is done can be a completely different story!

http://rotwnews.com/2014/02/11/everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-the-new-lake-gregory/

Funny how they hold the open house on a Monday. I don't care if it starts at 5pm, most residents probably work down the mountain and won't even make it back up until 7 or 7:30pm. Political strategy if you ask me....they want the LEAST amount of people to show up. The fewer questions they have to answer, the better.

Ultralight
02-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Yes, this does not feel the most sincere - but at least it is something. I am trying to be balanced in my evaluation...:)

UL

Funny how they hold the open house on a Monday. I don't care if it starts at 5pm, most residents probably work down the mountain and won't even make it back up until 7 or 7:30pm. Political strategy if you ask me....they want the LEAST amount of people to show up. The fewer questions they have to answer, the better.

Ultralight
02-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Quick question. Do the people who manage Gregory now also manage DVL?

And if so, what plans were laid out for DVL that were not fulfilled? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
UL

seal
02-13-2014, 07:33 AM
Quick question. Do the people who manage Gregory now also manage DVL?

And if so, what plans were laid out for DVL that were not fulfilled? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
UL

Yes the same people that are now in charge of Gregory are also managing DVL. The list of promises at DVL that have not been kept to is not even worth going into, most you can't really hold the management company responsible for but the investment in DVL (bathrooms, tackleshop etc...) are not exactly impressive. I don't know the dynamics of the contract so once again it is difficult for me to call them out on infrastructure improvements.

What I am mostly concerned with is turning Gregory into a "pay to fish" type environment. As I've said many on this website are going to love it but many of us that have fished Gregory for years are concerned about the changes. Think SARL, Irvine, Corona, Hesperia etc... from the shore. They SAY they are not going to put up fences but it will be easily justified when they have to chase Ninja's off the lake every night. The price point for fishing I heard is going to be fairly low initially but once again they will be able to justify raising rates dramatically based on financials if they are going to plant the same triploid fish that the other lakes stock.

It's all in what you want out of life. I like a little wilderness and peace and quiet when I fish these days, am no longer into doing battle at the pay to fish lakes but many enjoy that. What we definitely will be losing is one of the few non pay to fish lakes available in So Cal and that to me is a big loss. What the hell do our licenses pay for anymore anyway?

bendopolo2004
02-14-2014, 11:53 AM
DFG secretaries and stocking Sardine size trout to feed our Cormorants. God Bless 'em.

seal
02-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Gregory fees will be $4.00 for fishing and $6.00 for parking. Supposedly the fishing will be on an "honor" system with boxes located around the lake, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Yes I'm sure all will be honorable, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Only the lots will have parking fees so have at it guys, make sure and block John and Susy's driveway.

The locals are just now waking up and realizing the impact.

Take advantage while you can of those low fishing prices, the pricing was set 2 years ago before all had been determined, I'm sure that's just the beginning and they will rise accordingly. Sorry no other real good info. on the type and amounts of fish being stocked only that they are still talking about some pens to raise fish on the lake. Think the fishing side should be real good if they stock like they do at DVL but I really do feel sorry for the local residents and will miss the solitude I have often found wandering the shore chasing DFG sardines.

DarkShadow
02-20-2014, 03:32 PM
... but I really do feel sorry for the local residents and will miss the solitude I have often found wandering the shore chasing DFG sardines.

Why would you do that in the first place? I mean, i understand for the local residents, but why would someone drive an hour (or more) to 'chase DFG sardines?" :Wink:

seal
02-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Why would you do that in the first place? I mean, i understand for the local residents, but why would someone drive an hour (or more) to 'chase DFG sardines?" :Wink:

Most won't and that's my point, every damn mutant trout chaser within 500 miles is going to come up now!

A lot of the neighborhood is really up in arms now, talk of pitchforks and a burn. They are just waking up to the extent of the project, parking fees, people taking up all the free parking around the lake a lot of other changes that they just figured out. I'm promising to be good at this point, so I'm backing off to wait to see how it all turns out but I'm sharpening my pitchforks just in case.

DarkShadow
02-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Most won't and that's my point, every damn mutant trout chaser within 500 miles is going to come up now!

But can't those people go to the countless lakes in the area that are still stocked by the DFG? Plus, don't they have the amazing [REDACTED] River Lakes and [REDACTED] Lake to fish for stocked trout?

A lot of the neighborhood is really up in arms now, talk of pitchforks and a burn. ...but I'm sharpening my pitchforks just in case.

I dunno, I think the ole "pitchfork" scenario has gotten to be so ridiculed nowadays to the point I'd recommend finding something that hasn't been parodied by The Simpsons 10 years ago.

http://blabberdrive.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/angry-mob-simpsons.jpg

In fact, the entire "Pitchforks and Burn" sounds a lot like a "Community Organizer."

What would Hawgz think? (WWHT?)

I'd be all for something contemporary, like, "I'm gonna go Kiev on them."

phishin phool
02-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Gregory can be a peaceful place to escape the usual combat fishing some of us have to put up with during the winter. Its so nice to fish a quiet place with out hearing loud music, cussing parents/teenagers, bait chuckers tossing 1/2 oz sinkers, jiggers with no manners, and gangsters who fish. Some of my fondest memories are drifting/walking the shoreline in the evening and just enjoying the peace and quiet. Catching the DFG dinks is just a plus, but not necessary to have an enjoyable fishing experience. I sure hope this new plan doesn't ruin that experience.

seal
02-21-2014, 07:19 AM
Gregory can be a peaceful place to escape the usual combat fishing some of us have to put up with during the winter. Its so nice to fish a quiet place with out hearing loud music, cussing parents/teenagers, bait chuckers tossing 1/2 oz sinkers, jiggers with no manners, and gangsters who fish. Some of my fondest memories are drifting/walking the shoreline in the evening and just enjoying the peace and quiet. Catching the DFG dinks is just a plus, but not necessary to have an enjoyable fishing experience. I sure hope this new plan doesn't ruin that experience.

What he said!

seal
02-21-2014, 07:26 AM
But can't those people go to the countless lakes in the area that are still stocked by the DFG? Plus, don't they have the amazing [REDACTED] River Lakes and [REDACTED] Lake to fish for stocked trout?

I dunno, I think the ole "pitchfork" scenario has gotten to be so ridiculed nowadays to the point I'd recommend finding something that hasn't been parodied by The Simpsons 10 years ago.

In fact, the entire "Pitchforks and Burn" sounds a lot like a "Community Organizer."

Simpsons have parodied just about everything in the last 25 years of so, so much so that South Park had that "the Simpsons already did it" parody of all the parody's.

Kiev isn't quite there yet I'll go with going Syria on them, better body count. Look what you've done to me DS, I'm feeling a bit dirty right now.

HawgZWylde
02-21-2014, 08:22 AM

What would I think? Ef it, Californians own it. Folks like me have been fighting it for, well in my case, since I was 18 years old, I'm 54 now. Folks like me get ridiculed for taking a stand and speaking out. So the way I look at it, Californians can and will eat crow. They already are if they are successful earners. I'll be gone by the end of the summer and when I'm sticking 40-50+ fish a day, multi-species at that, on Tablerock-Taneycomo-Bull Shoals and all waters around, I'll be thinkin about you all in the Cali cesspool fighting over your stocked sterile fish in all your gated, fenced in mudholes and reminiscing the days of the killer former Sierra Trout fishery. Enjoy it boys and girls, you get what you vote for...

seal
02-21-2014, 08:36 AM
What would I think? Ef it, Californians own it. Folks like me have been fighting it for, well in my case, since I was 18 years old, I'm 54 now. Folks like me get ridiculed for taking a stand and speaking out. So the way I look at it, Californians can and will eat crow. They already are if they are successful earners. I'll be gone by the end of the summer and when I'm sticking 40-50+ fish a day, multi-species at that, on Tablerock-Taneycomo-Bull Shoals and all waters around, I'll be thinkin about you all in the Cali cesspool fighting over your stocked sterile fish in all your gated, fenced in mudholes and reminiscing the days of the killer former Sierra Trout fishery. Enjoy it boys and girls, you get what you vote for...

Got room for one more? It's happening one lake, one river, one forest, desert areas and they are also working on taking away the ocean from fishermen and hunters. I don't know why it hasn't come to a head yet but like all good liberals they push and push until they have pushed too far. Like everything in life unions, health care, entitlements in general they don't know when to say when and eventually it becomes their undoing. It will happen again but I don't know how much longer I can wait till we take our damn state back!

Thanks now I'm all worked up Hawgz, grabbing my pitchforks, gasoline and torches and heading to Gregory now!!!!

HawgZWylde
02-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Got room for one more? It's happening one lake, one river, one forest, desert areas and they are also working on taking away the ocean from fishermen and hunters. I don't know why it hasn't come to a head yet but like all good liberals they push and push until they have pushed too far. Like everything in life unions, health care, entitlements in general they don't know when to say when and eventually it becomes their undoing. It will happen again but I don't know how much longer I can wait till we take our damn state back!

Thanks now I'm all worked up Hawgz, grabbing my pitchforks, gasoline and torches and heading to Gregory now!!!!

Lol, well, I'm glad I got somebody fired up. But sadly seal in our advanced age, I doubt it will happen in our lifetime. Far too many here on the government dole. Far too many coming from places who have no understanding of why this country came to be in the first place, and refuse to assimilate, instead they'd rather "fundamentally change" it. And sadly, that's what our Cali public schools are teaching the future generations. Oh, I'll always have hope, but at my age, I don't want to spend my last days watching and being in the middle of it collapsing. My family came to Cali over 100 years ago and I'm the last one standing on Cali soil, I love this state but not what it has become politically and socially. Once I'm settled, I will invite any of my friends to come and stay. My family is very hospitable and would enjoy the company...

DEVOREFLYER
02-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Lol, well, I'm glad I got somebody fired up. But sadly seal in our advanced age, I doubt it will happen in our lifetime. Far too many here on the government dole. Far too many coming from places who have no understanding of why this country came to be in the first place, and refuse to assimilate, instead they'd rather "fundamentally change" it. And sadly, that's what our Cali public schools are teaching the future generations. Oh, I'll always have hope, but at my age, I don't want to spend my last days watching and being in the middle of it collapsing. My family came to Cali over 100 years ago and I'm the last one standing on Cali soil, I love this state but not what it has become politically and socially. Once I'm settled, I will invite any of my friends to come and stay. My family is very hospitable and would enjoy the company...

Can da Quagga come too? :Envious:

HawgZWylde
02-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Can da Quagga come too? :Envious:

Hmm Dev, don't ya think something a little more exotic like the Greek Isles would be more her style. Too many of us Rednecks back in those fishing paradises...

DEVOREFLYER
02-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Ya I forgot about that Bible Thumpin', bitter gun clinger stuff but they do make good Shine in the back woods. But then she does not fish, not one post or pic of her catching a fish, none, zero, zip, nada, F'ing TROLL!!!!!!

HawgZWylde
02-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Ya I forgot about that Bible Thumpin', bitter gun clinger stuff but they do make good Shine in the back woods. But then she does not fish, not one post or pic of her catching a fish, none, zero, zip, nada, F'ing TROLL!!!!!!

Hey, and don't forget about all the Southern Americana BBQ joints. All the fish fry's, ribs, pulled pork sando's AND including cole slaw, corn on the cobb, BBQ baked beans, fried Okra, corn bread and Hush puppies one could dream for. AND a couple of hours south, the best Cajun cuisine in America. Why The F am I still here?

DEVOREFLYER
02-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Don't forget DD Trout, Striper, Catfish and Largemouth Bass. Oh and Crappie big as a hubcap!!!:EyePop:

HawgZWylde
02-21-2014, 11:47 AM
Don't forget DD Trout, Striper, Catfish and Largemouth Bass. Oh and Crappie big as a hubcap!!!:EyePop:

Indeed. And I can't wait to stick BIG FAT Small Mouth Bass too!

Man, I feel for you guys & gals who are being affected by this at Lake Gregory. But it's just part of the "bread & circus" show, you know...

DEVOREFLYER
02-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Crap quit usin' that "Bread & Circus" stuff your soundin' like Frenchy aka etucker.

HawgZWylde
02-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Crap quit usin' that "Bread & Circus" stuff your soundin' like Frenchy aka etucker.

Lol, well I saw it used on a conservative site the other day and the funny thing is, it's Frenchy and those like him who are watching it. The conservatives, and the like minded among us are watching what the show is designed to divert attention from. Funny how they don't even know that, at least most of them. The rest of em are part of it...

HawgZWylde
02-21-2014, 12:08 PM

[QUOTE]Thanks now I'm all worked up Hawgz, grabbing my pitchforks, gasoline and torches and heading to Gregory now!!!!

Lol, and they'll be waiting for you with their free MRAP's and carbines...

etucker1959
02-21-2014, 01:27 PM

If you're going to use the term, at least use it correctly!!!!! It looks like Professor Frenchy needs to give another history lesson. Apparently the students didn't remember it the first time we went over it. In the Roman Empire at it's height it ran into a major problem when it came to it's labor needs. In being so successful in it's military campaigns against it's neighbors, it captured a lot of people they turned into slaves. In bringing the slaves back to Rome to work, they displaced a lot of FREE ROMAN CITIZENS laborers. Now what are we going to do we do with all these laborers we have, who now don't have any jobs anymore. (Sound kinda of familiar??) The Romans weren't STUPID, unlike so many Conservatives we have in the United States now a days. (Conservatives in the US feel we should do very little for these kind of people) The answer to the Romans problem was to put the displaced workers on Bread & Circus. (Otherwise the Romans feared they would cause too many problems) What exactly is Bread & Circus as defined by the Romans???? The Bread is obvious (Free Food) they also gave them free housing, but the housing was pretty punk. You really couldn't hang out there all day and be very happy, so the Romans came up with the entertainment, (Free entertainment I might add) they built the Coliseum and the Circus Maximus (Chariot racing) just for the entertainment of the people. Get the idea!!!!! Sounds kinda like what we are doing now a days doesn't it????? With all the Welfare, food stamps, Section 8 housing etc etc etc.

Now back to my original thought!!!!! Having Lake Gregory as a FREE LAKE was part of the Entertainment that the STATE provides to it's citizens to KEEP THEM APPEASED!!!!!!! So I find it amusing that all these Conservatives on here, are siding with the concept of Circus in regards to Lake Gregory. It does make them seem pretty hypercritical, it's ok to spend taxpayer money on things they would benefit from, but screw everything else!!!!

DarkShadow
02-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Why The F am I still here?

Still asking the same question myself, for you, of course.

HawgZWylde
02-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Still asking the same question myself, for you, of course.

Of course you are. Why that's so caring of you...

DarkShadow
02-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Its so nice to fish a quiet place with out hearing loud music, cussing parents/teenagers, bait chuckers tossing 1/2 oz sinkers, jiggers with no manners, and gangsters who fish.

No need to disrespect [redacted] River Lakes and [redacted] Lake.

;-)

Although, I have experienced the same things at those places, and do remember fond moments of my pops and I fishing Gregory without having to hear some of the choice insults we received while fishing the "other' lakes.