PDA

View Full Version : Great start to the new year...

Fishin4runner
01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Since I have not been to Castaic in awhile I decided to hit it and start the New Year. I got there early and first in line. While sitting there I decided I would start the morning with the big baits. Launched and headed for the zone. Started trolling my big bait setup and within minutes It gets slurped up and the fight is on. Hooked up on 5 fish landed 3 farmed 2. I am thinking not a bad way to start the day. Well the swimbait bite died out so I decided to start the troll. Drop the rigs and ran over lots of fish but none would commit not even a bump. Around 11:00 I decided what the hell I am going to anchor up, eat lunch, and try out the bait bite (Still had a bag of bait I bought at striper bowl). Well why I was eating lunch and feeding the dines to the schoolies I managed to land 4 out of the many bites that I hand. Decided to call it a day around 12:30 with 7 on ice. Weather was great, warm with mild winds.......

MustHuntAndFish
01-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Nice work F4R... Was your son able to get in on that action?

Fishin4runner
01-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Nice work F4R... Was your son able to get in on that action?

Unfortunatley no he was sick so I had to pull a solo mission.....

cutbait
01-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Baddass f4r.

I think you are the early leader for Castaic slay a of 2014!

fishinone
01-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Nice catch!

What kind of swimbaits are you using?

trail blazer
01-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Well there you go,,,,,,,,,,,,i new I liked you! WTG

TRAIL BLAZER

MustHuntAndFish
01-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Unfortunatley no he was sick so I had to pull a solo mission.....

That's too bad! Hope he's feeling better by now and I guess that means your gonna have to get back out there so he can kill some stripers too!