PDA

View Full Version : Boat entry question for quagga

troutsniffer
01-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm heading to Silverwood lake tomorrow and I'm not sure about any of the new rules (inspection wise) for 2014. My boat tags are up to date , boat is dry and all but are you required to have
have a quaqga tag to get in? Or just current tags will do? Also If you are required to have anything else can it be purchased there at the lake?

Thanks for your reply's

DEVOREFLYER
01-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Looks like your gonna need the tag. :Crying:

Issue Date: October 14, 2013
New Information
This memo supersedes the VIN 2013-19 Quagga/Zebra Mussel Fee for Vessels memo.
Effective immediately, a Quagga and Zebra Mussel Infestation Prevention Fee (Mussel
Fee) is due upon original and renewal vessel registration with a date fees due of
December 31, 2013. Vessels not required to be registered in California and the following
registered vessels are exempt from the fee:
 Vessels used only in marine waters
 Annual exempt youth group (type license code [TLC] V6)
 Annual exempt government (TLC V7)
 CF numbers issued to dealers (TLC V3)
 CF numbers issued to manufacturers (TLC V4)
A handout of Questions and Answers on the Quagga and Zebra Infestation Prevention
Fee (see attachment B) may be distributed to customers who inquire about the fee.
Mussel Fee
Programming is in place to collect the Mussel Fee (generates as QMF on the
GENERATED FEES screen) for vessels, as follows:
 $8 for original vessel registration when the date fees due is in an even-numbered
year.
 $16 for:
 Original vessel registration when the date fees due is in an odd-numbered year. Vessel registration renewal.
NOTE: The Mussel Fee is not subject to a late penalty fee.
Mussel Fee Paid Sticker
The “Mussel Fee Paid” sticker (see attachment A) must be attached to the vessel as
evidence of payment of the Mussel Fee. The Mussel Fee Paid sticker allows the vessel to
be operated in all waters of the state, unless expressly prohibited. Vessels that are
exempt from the fee are not required to display the sticker.
Marine Waters Exemption
Marine water is defined by the California State Parks Division of Boating and
Waterways (DBW) as coastal and bay waters, which includes Suisun Bay. Owners of
vessels operating in inland waterways, rivers, lakes, reservoirs, wetlands, or the
Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta cannot claim a marine water exemption.
The owner of a vessel used only in marine waters must notify the Department of Motor
Vehicles (DMV) to claim exemption from the fee upon original vessel registration and
each time the vessel registration is renewed.
VR

flyhigh123
01-01-2014, 08:02 PM
so instead of $8 and $16 every other year. why not just make it $12 a year... why do they make their lives more difficult?

drifter023
01-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Because they are the government and they are here to take our money. Oh I mean to help us.

seal
01-04-2014, 07:49 AM
so instead of $8 and $16 every other year. why not just make it $12 a year... why do they make their lives more difficult?

Higher math is not a common aptitude within our states employment workers pool.

My apologies to any state employee that may read this, you are the exception I'm sure.

HawgZWylde
01-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Higher math is not a common aptitude within our states employment workers pool.

My apologies to any state employee that may read this, you are the exception I'm sure.

Lol, these are the same folks who grew up learning and believing in "fuzzy numbers". They also believe the true unemployment rate is currently 7% and that the source of government revenue is endless...