PDA

View Full Version : Hatchery Dust opinion

J-Dub
12-31-2013, 02:56 PM
does it really work??? anybody have good results from using this stuff??? i just bought a jar today....the super cheese kind and it just looks like well dust i guess...its got some glitter in it as well. i just want to know everybody's opinion that's used it. i know how people who work for lip ripperz or sponsored by them feels about it lol but how about the average anglers opinion:LOL:

DarkShadow
12-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Dude, the glitter brings all the trout to the yard.

And they're like

"It's better than yours,"

Damn right it's better than yours,

Irvine can teach you,

But they have to charge.

Viejo
12-31-2013, 03:16 PM
does it really work??? anybody have good results from using this stuff??? i just bought a jar today....the super cheese kind and it just looks like well dust i guess...its got some glitter in it as well. i just want to know everybody's opinion that's used it. i know how people who work for lip ripperz or sponsored by them feels about it lol but how about the average anglers opinion:LOL:

Kinda like that erectile dysfunction pills they sell on tv (200 billion sold....it has to work right?). Makes you wonder if someone isn't emptying vacuum cleaner bags, grinding it up and adding glitter. My advice...don't open it when the Santa Ana's are blowing in Fontana :Big Grin:

pitman
12-31-2013, 08:12 PM

I dont do the dust but I always dip my thing in something smelly. I can't hurt right?...

Bass Boy 14
12-31-2013, 08:43 PM

I honestly love it. It works so much better. Me and my dad fish together with the same bait and I catch twice as many because I use the dust.

seal
01-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Really twice as many? The time when the dust is going to possibly increase bite's is when you are in stained water, in clear water there is plenty enough scent in normal dough baits and if their biting then I highly doubt a twofold increase in bites.

Also if you have been doing well with it that confidence deal comes into play, confidence in whatever you are using will make you stay with it and more attentive.

I bet plenty of anglers are now using dough bait coated with dust dipped in bite on, when will it end?

Marley
01-01-2014, 08:28 PM
OMG, Bite On. There's a good one, too. But as you say, it's a confidence thing and that good vibe telegraphs down mono pretty darned quickly.

shiromaguro88
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
That stuff is just there to catch the angler and not the fish. I tried it last year because of the hype (dont believe the hype) but the product just does not work. I talked to several other anglers that used it and said the stuff sucks. I bet if u did a scientific study it would not show any significant difference from regular power bait and the one rolled in dust. U know what stuff really works is the mice tails, drop shooting Berkeley power worm.

shiromaguro88
01-01-2014, 11:23 PM
I remembered a couple years ago Berkeley put out a power bait flavor hatchery food. I don't see it anymore so they must have taken it off the market if that's any indication.

Troutin Man
01-01-2014, 11:56 PM
The dust works sometimes and sometimes not. If I use powerbait, sometimes I catch on just straight up dough...such as chunky cheese. the other covered with dust just soaks. Like jigs, spoons and spinners...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Just depends on what they want.

I find that jigs work best and that too is a game of figuring out what type, what color, what speed, what depth...

Happy New Year to all. Don't forget to get a new license this year!

Lip Ripperz
01-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Hi Jdub,

When you get a chance, check out our Lip RipperZ facebook page and you'll be able to see weekly pictures of Trout caught on Hatchery Dust from around the USA. We typically get around 10 or so photos submitted weekly with big catches, so hopefully what you see is an indication of the products performance.

Ps. If your leaning towards trying some out, try the garlic mealworm first and then start switching to the others.

Hope this helps and feel free to email me or my staff with any questions. We'd love to help you catch more fish.

Bryan Friedman, CEO
Lip RipperZ, Inc
www.LipRipperZ.com

J-Dub
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Hi Jdub,

When you get a chance, check out our Lip RipperZ facebook page and you'll be able to see weekly pictures of Trout caught on Hatchery Dust from around the USA. We typically get around 10 or so photos submitted weekly with big catches, so hopefully what you see is an indication of the products performance.

Ps. If your leaning towards trying some out, try the garlic mealworm first and then start switching to the others.

Hope this helps and feel free to email me or my staff with any questions. We'd love to help you catch more fish.

Bryan Friedman, CEO
Lip RipperZ, Inc
www.LipRipperZ.com
Thanx I appreciate your response! unfortunately I bought some of the cheese hatchery dust but I haven't had the time to go out fishing....but when I do get the chance you'll hear from me!!! lol

Big Willy
01-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Went to irvine today and used it a few times on a pinch night crawler fly lined in the flats. Most of the time I just used the worms alone and did ok. But I dipped it a few times and caught a fish about every time I did. My buddy was using a liquid one and spilled it all over the floor of the boat and his shorts and it stunk all day. He said he will never use the liquid scent again. Today was the most I have used it yet and it worked pretty well.
who knows what will work tomorrow…..

Kingfish Addict
01-04-2014, 09:39 AM
There's no doubt it works because my buddies and I have caught plenty of fish on it. What's debatable is does it help you catch MORE fish than if you didn't use it? Honestly, I think it's in the eye of the beholder. My burning question is would it still work if there was no glitter in it?

Nuoc Mam
01-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Never tried the stuff but I what I use is smash up some garlic powder and mix the fine red glitter in and I dip my PB in it. Been working for me so far :-)

DockRat
01-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Tried Dust once around 1977. Got off my busboy job at Castagnolas on Redondo pier. These 2 older waitresses invited us over to party. After several beers and smoke this older wild one fired up a doobie that tasted weird. After a couple rips it was like being in a echo sound chamber. My buddie told me after he felt like they were setting us up to get raped. Never again.
Just say No to Dust.
DR

etucker1959
01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Tried Dust once around 1977. Got off my busboy job at Castagnolas on Redondo pier. These 2 older waitresses invited us over to party. After several beers and smoke this older wild one fired up a doobie that tasted weird. After a couple rips it was like being in a echo sound chamber. My buddie told me after he felt like they were setting us up to get raped. Never again.
Just say No to Dust.
DR

Were you fishing back then?????? At the end of Aug in 1977, Bluefin Tuna and King Salmon were biting less then a mile off of the Break water. I went fishing everyday for a week back then!!!!!!

Lady Quagga
01-04-2014, 07:35 PM
We were somewhere around Castaic, on the edge of the lagoon, when the Dust began to take hold....