PDA

View Full Version : End of the year goes out with a thud

P.A.W.
12-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Went out today Monday 12-30. First on the water and went right for what has been the hot spot. Hit the east end for nada. Couldn't believe it so I went around again.... nada. Dang! So I headed out of the area and on the way to bigger water I hit a 5 pounder. OK I thought, I have a new pattern developing. On up the north shore and yup, another one. Jnitro goes by with a New Year Greeting and I inform him the fish are on the North Shore. Hahahaha that was my last fish for the day. They stopped biting at 7:00. I trolled deep, shallow, south, even back in the east end. I went home around 10:00. Who knows? Maybe if I had stayed they may have come back up. Winter is upon us.

Askwhy
12-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Went out today Monday 12-30. First on the water and went right for what has been the hot spot. Hit the east end for nada. Couldn't believe it so I went around again.... nada. Dang! So I headed out of the area and on the way to bigger water I hit a 5 pounder. OK I thought, I have a new pattern developing. On up the north shore and yup, another one. Jnitro goes by with a New Year Greeting and I inform him the fish are on the North Shore. Hahahaha that was my last fish for the day. They stopped biting at 7:00. I trolled deep, shallow, south, even back in the east end. I went home around 10:00. Who knows? Maybe if I had stayed they may have come back up. Winter is upon us.

Pat I think it's over for a while , if you remember last year we trolled for months until they slowly came back in April . Oh well it was a fun 2013 I'm sure you can scratch one here and one there if you work hard all day for it but I'm going to join Daniel and put my boat up for winter see you on the water in March.

jnitrobass
12-31-2013, 05:03 PM
We scored in the afternoon yesterday on 9 stripers 3-9 pounders on live shad thanks to my christmas present promar shad net was able to net 25 shad bite was on between 3:30 to 4:30 good way to end the year.

P.A.W.
12-31-2013, 06:20 PM
I figured the late guys could be on to something. Stripers do have to eat sometime. The pattern is changing though. Us artificial guys need to be flexible and inventive. I'll be there Thursday and Friday trying a few things.