PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Lake

DangerFishin
12-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Went over to the nasty lake today.

lake is poorly taken care of, not well staffed, didnt even open to sign in and pay to fish until 45 minutes after they normally open.

Went over by the finger threw some shrimp out to the island let it sit, only had one small strike on that, gave up on lures in the dark nasty water switched to PB for the trout, tried all kinds of bright colors, yellow, charteuse, rainbow, peach, then tried all types of scents, Garlic spray, "lip ripperz luv sauce" and XXX Trout paste. Nothing worked. no bites. saw a couple of fish near the shoreline, nice sized fished but really loagy trout, did not swim away when i got close, could have easily netted one up or hit it with a stick. saw probably 13-15 trout get scooped up and swallowed by the birds. was probably 30-40 people around the entire lake, heard no action anywhere saw none. walked around the lake before leaving asking how people where doing nobody had bites. one asian guy had one small trout he said he didnt even know was on his line when he brought it in. one lady had two decent sized 3-4# fish and reported the same thing "i didnt even know i had a fish hooked up"

My Good Ol Gramps' Says he used to love this lake, use to come fish nights for the cats, limited out all the time and caught quite a few in the 20# range. Caught alot of good 10-15# trout in trout season too. Now it isnt the same.

Last year 2012 same time around the end of december went with my gramps and my girlfriend, fished for trout we all had two poles each and fished from open till close had very light non trout like bites all day ended up catching 9 missing 4, fishing was decent then but even then the trout where sick, they didnt fight like trout and many of the 9 we caught you couldnt even tell where on your line.

Wont be wasting time returning here until i hear reports of the lake improving.:Neutral:

fisherman951
12-29-2013, 09:05 PM
hesperia has been going down hill. i heard some kind of pump problems and i guess they don't want to fix anything

KidTrout
12-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Yea that lake has pretty much gone downhill in the past 5 years. I remember every jigger would be lined up on the shore catching fish when the water use to be super clear. Now you can't see 2 inches down. I don't even bother wasting 15$ there anymore. I won't go there until they fix the water like the old days. What's funny is the reports on wonews and other fish reports say it's doing fantastic then you ask others or go there and same thing, nothing lol. Better luck next time I guess.

J-Dub
12-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Yea that lake has pretty much gone downhill in the past 5 years. I remember every jigger would be lined up on the shore catching fish when the water use to be super clear. Now you can't see 2 inches down. I don't even bother wasting 15$ there anymore. I won't go there until they fix the water like the old days. What's funny is the reports on wonews and other fish reports say it's doing fantastic then you ask others or go there and same thing, nothing lol. Better luck next time I guess.

lol you should know by now that WONEWS or any written articles by journalist aren't reliable...that's what ive learned. they just call the lakes and ask them if any fish were caught and of course the lake employees are going to say fishing is good but hey at the end of the day running a lake is a business and you got to do what you can to make money even if its lying to customers. only people I take any reports from are from other fishermen.

Its a shame Hesperia lake is still not doing too well....I thought they hired a new manager to fix up the place!!! was going to go there to fish for new years but now im not too sure....