PDA

View Full Version : 'dam' shore skunk 12/27/13

BALLERONBUDGET
12-29-2013, 07:56 AM
not sure bout boaters but about 100shore guys out there . didnt see a single fish pulled out. mild winds 5-15+mph. no trout although stocked monday/no bass/stripers .....even checkd out west ramp for nada for those guys. fished 7am -11. m

dkinla
12-29-2013, 08:48 AM
not sure bout boaters but about 100shore guys out there . didnt see a single fish pulled out. mild winds 5-15+mph. no trout although stocked monday/no bass/stripers .....even checkd out west ramp for nada for those guys. fished 7am -11. m

Wow! Maybe it's cause of the really warm weather these days...

The bite was pretty dam hot a little while ago...

GhettoBasser
12-29-2013, 09:55 AM
My shore report. We got there early yesterday. 4th car. Pretty annoying waiting in line and having people try and swoop in when the gate opens. Anyways, we get there to grab our point before the "regulars" take it. We set up and and the "regulars" were hot on our trail. We secured the point 5 minutes before them and one decides to encroach. I told him "look, we got here first and there are 3 of us, we're not giving the spot up". So they set up right next to us. One of their guys shows up late and sets up right on top of us. We caught one nice striper and they killed it. I think the difference was they were using fresh sardines and ours were frozen. Same thing happened on Monday. They casted over our lines at least 6 times. Flagrantly casting where our rods were. I made some jokes but it was bs nonetheless. Anyways, when we left one of them called us A-holes. I flipped out and tried cutting their lines. One grabbed me and I shoved him back. My buddies started breaking it up and we took off.

Any of you guys that were there reading this. I know my other friends got into it with you last weeks and the Sheriffs were called. I am telling you now this will not stop until you show the courtesy and respect to the other people fishing in the area. Your poaching and litter needs to stop.

dkinla
12-29-2013, 10:32 AM
My shore report. We got there early yesterday. 4th car. Pretty annoying waiting in line and having people try and swoop in when the gate opens. Anyways, we get there to grab our point before the "regulars" take it. We set up and and the "regulars" were hot on our trail. We secured the point 5 minutes before them and one decides to encroach. I told him "look, we got here first and there are 3 of us, we're not giving the spot up". So they set up right next to us. One of their guys shows up late and sets up right on top of us. We caught one nice striper and they killed it. I think the difference was they were using fresh sardines and ours were frozen. Same thing happened on Monday. They casted over our lines at least 6 times. Flagrantly casting where our rods were. I made some jokes but it was bs nonetheless. Anyways, when we left one of them called us A-holes. I flipped out and tried cutting their lines. One grabbed me and I shoved him back. My buddies started breaking it up and we took off.

Any of you guys that were there reading this. I know my other friends got into it with you last weeks and the Sheriffs were called. I am telling you now this will not stop until you show the courtesy and respect to the other people fishing in the area. Your poaching and litter needs to stop.

Man that sounds like some crazy stuff is going on! Can't believe they would fish right on top of you guys. Amazing you were able to keep your cool for that long.

No common courtesy or respect out there.

BALLERONBUDGET
12-29-2013, 12:15 PM
was entire dam hot last week??? i walked to about 1/2 to 3/4mark... nada for anything u threw out...

dkinla
12-29-2013, 12:28 PM
yeah that's about where we fished before... since towards the end of the dam was pretty crowded by the time we got there...

you can check out a couple of my recent Castaic reports... did pretty good... but others did even better with fresh sardines

PitchFish
12-29-2013, 06:43 PM
yeah that's about where we fished before... since towards the end of the dam was pretty crowded by the time we got there...

you can check out a couple of my recent Castaic reports... did pretty good... but others did even better with fresh sardines

Does anyone know where to get fresh sardines in the Santa Clarita area?

GhettoBasser
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Does anyone know where to get fresh sardines in the Santa Clarita area?

Check the Asian markets. I'm lucky living in LA as there are several places to get fresh seafood/bait.
If you can get to a big one they have some awesome seafood there just to look at. Tons of different species and what not.

chefgary
12-29-2013, 08:39 PM
I was out there on thursday and the bite on the dam was pretty decent i landed 3 and lost 4 that snapped my 10lb test. I was out there on saturday as well and noticed the water level had dropped a few feet, got skunked as well on saturday had some bites but nothing stuck. I was using fresh sardines that i buy from a fish market in the valley here.

cutbait
12-30-2013, 05:56 AM

Hell yeah its annoying!

Did they cut in line or park on the hill across the street and walk in?

If they cross your lines. Snag them and reel in the mess and cut their $%&* off and recast. They will get the hint.

TroutOnly
12-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Carpboy empty youre p/m box,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
12-31-2013, 09:39 PM

was this on the dam? or on a point on rocks? Where is the love?

fishfinder
01-01-2014, 08:50 PM

That is a dam shame.